2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Lol. Good luck to him. Transition tag and match the best offer that comes, he’s going to be super disappointed, or he’ll get his Zeke money, and we can sign Melvin Gordon for less than half that.

tenor.gif

And I think fans will understand if you don't bring him back at that cost. 

He asking for $100 million basically. No way Titans pay that. 

Can't imagine where he can sign. 

Washington probably?  

Lol imagine him with the Colts behind that line. 

Just now, titans0021 said:

Zeke is still only 24 and has 130 catches in the last two years. There is no argument that Henry should be near him in average salary, guaranteeds or duration. He’s had one year of Zeke level production as a runner while adding none of the value as a receiver.

I do think he could be a better pass catcher tho. I've only seen him really drop one pass. It's not like we actually throw to our RBs outside of the screens. 

We don't put them on option routes. Split them out. Or do any real creative passing concepts with them. Lol

But yeah can't imagine him getting that money. He does have being the only one of his kind working for him. Physically he is something that isn't in the game of football at any level. 

But is that worth that money.  I'd think no. 

11 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Someone needs to tell Henry maybe he could get that if he didn't have to come off the field on like 90% of 3rd downs.

Can’t be mad at him trying to get his money though RB’s if lucky get 2 pay days, 1 if they’re a high 1st round pick & get an extension. Balls in the titans hand

• Like 1

I think it's a bit of an overraction by everyone regarding Henry's comments. It's all a part of negotiations.

Of course, after the run he's just had, he's going to start at the highest paid RB's price. That's where the team and agent work some type of middle ground. Again negotiations. If no middle ground is found, then that's when the tag comes into place or let him walk to a team that's willing to meet his demands.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 1

Derrick Henry: Becomes 2019's top rusher, sets multiple rushing records in playoffs, carries the Titans to wins over the No. 1 seed and the dang Pats

Derrick Henry: I want to be the highest paid running back.

The entire Titans subthread, apparently:

300px-Surprised_Pikachu_HD.jpg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Derrick Henry: Becomes 2019's top rusher, sets multiple rushing records in playoffs, carries the Titans to wins over the No. 1 seed and the dang Pats

Derrick Henry: I want to be the highest paid running back.

The entire Titans subthread, apparently:

Derrick Henry: Has one great year, is extremely one-dimensional and frequently has to come off the field on the most important plays of a drive.

Also Derrick Henry: My contract’s floor is the biggest RB contract in NFL history that went to a back that is more productive, significantly more versatile and a couple years younger than me.

Rational Titans fans:

• Like 1

Don't blame him at all for trying to get paid. This money has to last him as long as it can and who knows where he'll be when he's looking at his next contract. Could be his one chance to secure his financial future for himself and his future family.

I think we're going to to be stupid and pay him though. I think Vrabel is a good coach, but I also think he has this idea of brining back 1998 football and that he believes in running the ball before passing. We didn't necessarily do that in the regular season, but I just get that vibe from him. That he wants running to be a priority.

• Like 3

Only thing that says he will take a discount is that this isn't the NBA where you can get the most money from your current team. 

NFL free agency means whosever feels inclined can do so. 

Does him no good to be so adamant about wanting to be a Titan. I mean when it comes to money won't make a difference. And he should go to whoever pays him the most (being a RB with a short window to cash in). 

But I'd like to imagine he knows his most profitable opportunity is here. Not so much money wise but profile, marketing and fanwise 

He will be the face of the team. The picture they show when we they do the promos lol. 

Chance to be a part of something special. 

I can see the Titans giving him the most short term guarantees with 2 years. But another team might give him a longer deal with less chance of seeing his money. 

Would he take $30 guaranteed over 3 years rather than $25 guaranteed/ $95 over 7 years. 

Just to shed some light on Zeke's contact, yall know it's really a 4 year 50M contract, right? 12.5M/year... Just over half the guarantees are guaranteed at signing. That's why I keep telling you all to hold off on reacting to any signing until details come out... And not news of the 50M guaranteed variety. 

The Cowboys can get out of it after 2022, with a manageable dead hit. His contract was also an extension on his rookie year, and added only 2 additional years on his rookie contract. That's why 4 years seems like a lot. 

I'm still seeing Bell's contract as the baseline contract used for Henry's. 4 years /52M,which is more than Zeke's 4 years... 27M guaranteed, all in the first 2 years, essentially a 2 year 28M contract (dead cap hit would absorb some of that through a 3rd cap year). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Derrick Henry: Has one great year, is extremely one-dimensional and frequently has to come off the field on the most important plays of a drive.

Also Derrick Henry: My contract’s floor is the biggest RB contract in NFL history that went to a back that is more productive, significantly more versatile and a couple years younger than me.

Rational Titans fans:

Rationality has nothing to do with it. It’s really surprising that yall are at all surprised. He was obviously going to want Zeke money. I didn’t say he was worth it, just that this was really, really obviously going to happen.

13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Rationality has nothing to do with it. It’s really surprising that yall are at all surprised. He was obviously going to want Zeke money. I didn’t say he was worth it, just that this was really, really obviously going to happen.

Thing is he didn't say it. He quietly agreed. What else is he supposed to say... Nah, fam, I'm willing to take a discount to stay in Nashville.? 

• Like 2