2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

36 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Only this franchise would think it's easier to replace a right tackle than a running back.

No it’s just easier to replace conklin production vs Derrick Henry. Conklin is not a elite RT he’s very good but he gets a sufficient amount of help in pass protection. I think kelly or Cordy Glenn can be a nice stop gap & we draft a development RT. You keep your core players & build through the draft. Henry is far more valuable than Conklin 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

No it’s just easier to replace conklin production vs Derrick Henry. Conklin is not a elite RT he’s very good but he gets a sufficient amount of help in pass protection. I think kelly or Cordy Glenn can be a nice stop gap & we draft a development RT. You keep your core players & build through the draft. Henry is far more valuable than Conklin 

If that weren't disputed by literally any and all research put in to this sport, you might have a point.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

If that weren't disputed by literally any and all research put in to this sport, you might have a point.

But it’s fact, conklin receives a lot of help in pass pro sets, plus Henry production & leadership as vrabel spoke on is more valuable than Conklin. Conklin is a good player don’t get me wrong but let’s say we sign Brady, Conklin void won’t be missed as much, for the simple fact Brady gets rid of the ball quick. That’s why if you do your research the patriots let a lot of their OL walk in FA & they don’t be as half as good as they were in NE offense. It’s Going to be quick passes & spread attack.

28 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Much harder to replace an above-average RT than a Top 5 RB. Much harder. 

And keeping Conklin over Henry is a no brainer if the team wants Brady. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Much harder to replace an above-average RT than a Top 5 RB. Much harder. 

And keeping Conklin over Henry is a no brainer if the team wants Brady. 

No it’s not that’s your opinion for the simple fact the patriots always replaced OL in their system & let them walk, do your research because Brady doesn’t hold onto the ball all day long, if you look at the best way to to get to Tom Brady it’s always inside pressure because you can double & chip edge rushers & Brady can climb the pocket & get rid of the ball. Again it’s easier to replace a RB in a offense that isn’t a run 1st offense, or a team with a elite passing efficient offense. Our offense starts with Henry, & you don’t want to put the entire offense on a 43 yr old QB. 

Edited by TitanRedd

32 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

No it’s not that’s your opinion for the simple fact the patriots always replaced OL in their system & let them walk, do your research because Brady doesn’t hold onto the ball all day long, if you look at the best way to to get to Tom Brady it’s always inside pressure because you can double & chip edge rushers & Brady can climb the pocket & get rid of the ball. Again it’s easier to replace a RB in a offense that isn’t a run 1st offense, or a team with a elite passing efficient offense. Our offense starts with Henry, & you don’t want to put the entire offense on a 43 yr old QB. 

Didn’t mean any disrespect by what I said if you took it that way. Also, Brady has had top tier OLines basically forever. This was the first year his line was middle of the pack and it effected his play. 

All I was saying is it’s easier to replace Henrys production than getting a RT. A starting OT is an extremely difficult thing to find. You can find 1,000 yard rushers with 4.5+ YPC in the 3rd round basically all day long. 

Re: Conklin. He's just not worth the tag. The tag pertains to the highest paid OL, which really means LT. He's a limited/challenged pass blocking T, who while being a good run blocker, is not irreplaceable. He improved towards the end of last year... But he had 2.5 years prior to that where he was hurt or a liability. 

Franchising him would take up 16M... And the transition tag seems useless as it seems multiple teams are prepared to overpay for his services... For a contact we're unlikely to match. Any team signing him to a huge contract (more than Lewan) and who may be targeting him as a potential franchise LT is going to be in for a let down. This is the type of signing where the 2 year out may be extremely important. 

Kelly may not have his ability, but is definitely serviceable... Although I hope they look for an additional option via FA... Or the draft. I'd be comfortable with Kelly and a mid range FA or high - mid round guy to compete with him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You can find 1,000 yard rushers with 4.5+ YPC in the 3rd round basically all day long. 

People keep saying that, but how many have done it consistently... Meaning more than just 1 season. 

There are a few, but much less than people make it seem like... 

• Like 1

Also, for the record, if RT had it's own franchise tag... And taking into account Trent Brown's huge outlier 2020 cap hit (21.5), the RT franchise tag would be under 12.5M (that's the average of the 5 this year, but the tags include not only the current year's top 5 averages, but also the previous 5 years, which would bring this number lower). 

So we're cool trading someone at 16M, who's true market value, according to tags would be at least 4M less?

34 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Didn’t mean any disrespect by what I said if you took it that way. Also, Brady has had top tier OLines basically forever. This was the first year his line was middle of the pack and it effected his play. 

All I was saying is it’s easier to replace Henrys production than getting a RT. A starting OT is an extremely difficult thing to find. You can find 1,000 yard rushers with 4.5+ YPC in the 3rd round basically all day long. 

If you took what I said as disrespect I apologize but do your self a favor & just mute me, I clearly said that’s your opinion it’s not a fact. Brady play with good OL but not elite guys, it’s a fact do you know how many guys the pats have allow to walk away & their Oal didn’t fall off, again Dante scarnechia  their Ol coach came out of retirement the last time their OL was trash. Brady don’t take sacks if he has weapons that can catch & get open. Conklin won’t be hard to replace he’s not that great of a 1 on 1 pass blocker. Much respect  ✊🏽 Don’t take as if I’m more righter than you, you have a point as well