Is Jimmy Garoppolo underrated?

Elky

I'm being kind of harsh on him, but I do that with other QB's as well.  My biggest questions that I've posted in other threads is how will this guy throw the football when the team is down in the second half and they can't lean on the run game.  I had that question about Ryan Tannehill and Lamar Jackson.  We saw Jackson in the Titans game when they went down early and the coach changed the game plan.  We saw that with Tannehill vs the Chiefs when they just couldn't run the ball anymore in the second half.  The Chiefs started lining up in goal line defense at the 50 yard line and said if we're going to lose Tannehill is going to have to beat us.

The thing about Garoppolo is that this team is so good that the Niners are rarely ever down by double digits.  Probably didn't happen all that much during the regular season, either.  So they could win a SB without relying on their QB at all, which is great for them.  To me, the Niners are the best team in the league.

29 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Why are you capping Jimmy off since he threw the interception? Why wouldn't you include his other pass attempts from the Vikings game? Including his touchdown. 

That was the stat I heard on some podcast or radio show I was listening to.  I don't even know if those stats are correct or not.

25 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

It's fair to question Jimmy in the playoffs. That's not my beef. I'm saying include all the passes, not just a certain section that paints a narrative which serves the benefit of a person's viewpoint. 

I mean, it is a fairly ridiculous statistic that we are unlikely to see very often in the playoffs in this era lol. Arbitrary start point or not. 

29 minutes ago, showtime said:

The thing about Garoppolo is that this team is so good that the Niners are rarely ever down by double digits.  Probably didn't happen all that much during the regular season, either.  So they could win a SB without relying on their QB at all, which is great for them.  To me, the Niners are the best team in the league.

I want to say the only times we were down double digits were the Saints game (20-7, 27-14), the second Cardinals game (16-0), the first Seattle game (21-10 I think), and the second Rams game (14-3, 21-10). 

All things considered, ended up 3-1 in those games. Makes me hopeful. And we could have won the Seattle game if not for the missed field goal (though that one really wouldn't have been on the back of Jimmy g) 

• 2 weeks later...