2020 Las Vegas Raiders Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

5 hours ago, Turnobili said:

this is a good point. i think we also have one "extra" roster spot now because we no longer need to waste a spot on a designated return man in Dwayne Harris. Mayock said he expects Ruggs and Bowden to handle returns, and we know Richard can also moonlight as a punt returner.

And we don't need a roster spot for guys like Leavitt or Wilbur because guys like Robertson and Muse will be special teams aces. 

almost all these guys could be signed for the minimum. I would take a look at these free agent RBs as good insurance to the Jacobs/Bowden tandem and competition to Rod Smith

• Carlos Hyde- as others has said, I'll take him on a team friendly contract. At this point, he cant expect to get paid
  • Gus Edwards- he's a ERFA but the Ravens have like 8 RBs lol. He would be a perfect fit as a punishing RB
  • Devontae Booker- Phillip Lindsay came out of nowhere to take his spot, lost in the shuffle in Denver. Was known as a physical runner coming out of college 
  • Isaiah Crowell- maybe kick the tires one more time if he is healthy. He was an ox on the Browns, still young so could bounce back. 
  • CJ Prosise- I would really like this pickup, probably would be cheap. He was lost in the shuffle in Seattle. Seahawks probably had the deepest RB unit in the league
  • Corey Clement- has shown he can play in the league, Eagles had a lot of RB options so they let him test free agency
  • Johnathan Williams-  look good last year  when Mack went down
  • Frank Gore- old, but still was playing decent last year.
  • Alex Collins- has had success in the league, runs hard. Lost in the shuffle with the Ravens
  • Matt Jones- has the build, former 3rd rounder, looked good in the XFL

there are a few good free agent RB options. 

• Like 2

On 4/25/2020 at 8:35 PM, Turnobili said:

QB (3) - Carr/Mariota/Peterman (I think we should roll with 2... but Gruden does his thing)

RB (3) - Jacobs/Bowden/Richard
FB (1) - Ingold

WR (6) - Ruggs/Williams/Renfrow/Edwards/Agholor/Zay

TE (3) - Waller/Moreau/Witten

OL (10) -  Kolton Miller/Trent Brown/Sharpe/Parker
G - Incognito/Jackson/Good/Simpson
C - Hudson/Devey

26 on O

DE (4) - Ferrell/Crosby/Nassib/Key
DT (4) - Collins/Hankins/Hurst/Hall

LB (6) - Littleton/Kwaitkwoski/Morrow/Lee/Wilbur/Muse

CB (4) - Mullen/Arnette/Johnson/Nixon
Slot (2) - Joyner/Robertson

S (4) - Abram/Randall/Harris/Heath

24 on D

LS - Sieg
K - Carlson (will face competition)
P - Cole

thats the 53, though we effectively could have 2 more because 2 practice squad guys can become active any given week now. think we probably still look to add one more body on the DL

I think your depth chart is spot on, personally I like to see them drop Wilbur and bring back Burfict, also drop a QB add Jonathan Williams to back up Jacobs.

20 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I think your depth chart is spot on, personally I like to see them drop Wilbur and bring back Burfict, also drop a QB add Jonathan Williams to back up Jacobs.

after more thought i actually think its likely Wilbur just gets cut altogether. i think Muse effectively replaces him. Kwaitkowski replaces Burfict (he's getting the green dot) and Littleton is replacing Whitehead.

we probobably just carry another CB like Lawson. doesnt make sense in this day and age to carry 6 LB and 6 CB. corner is more valuable now. much more likely to have 3 CBs on the field than 3 LBs

5 hours ago, Turnobili said:

after more thought i actually think its likely Wilbur just gets cut altogether. i think Muse effectively replaces him. Kwaitkowski replaces Burfict (he's getting the green dot) and Littleton is replacing Whitehead.

I'm assuming we'll carry 5 LB's this season: Kwit, Littleton, Muse, Morrow, and Lee. And then 6 CB's: Mullen, Lawson, Johnson, Joyner, Arnette, and Robertson. 

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm assuming we'll carry 5 LB's this season: Kwit, Littleton, Muse, Morrow, and Lee. And then 6 CB's: Mullen, Lawson, Johnson, Joyner, Arnette, and Robertson. 

In my initial depth chart I had 3 QBs, 6 LBs, 6 CBs, 10 OL... and that still added up to a 53. 

If we take out one of the LBs (which I agree is likely) I just don't know there that extra spot goes. A fourth TE? A fifth back (4th RB + Ingold)? Perhaps a 9th defensive lineman... they can bring back Josh Mauro or Dion Jordan?

I just can't think of a great natural spot for that extra person, and considering our youth/inexperience at the position, I just think CB makes a lot of sense. Mullen/Johnson/Arnette/Robertson/Nixon are all so young. Joyner is a vet but only plays slot. Lawson might be back instead of Nixon, but that's only one guy and he's not even better than Worley was. I'd rather just get another coinflip at that position. I would have loved giving Jason Verette a flier on a minimum deal.

Edited by Turnobili

8 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Mullen/Johnson/Arnette/Robertson/Nixon are all so young. Joyner is a vet but only plays slot. Lawson might be back instead of Nixon, but that's only one guy and he's not even better than Worley was. I'd rather just get another coinflip at that position. I would have loved giving Jason Verette a flier on a minimum deal.

I personally think Nixon is going to have a hard time making the final 53 man roster. And I think Lawson is better than Worley especially in our scheme. Vic Tafur said we let Worley go because the coaches thought that he was too slow. 

23 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

In my initial depth chart I had 3 QBs, 6 LBs, 6 CBs, 10 OL... and that still added up to a 53. 

If we take out one of the LBs (which I agree is likely) I just don't know there that extra spot goes. A fourth TE? A fifth back (4th RB + Ingold)? Perhaps a 9th defensive lineman... they can bring back Josh Mauro or Dion Jordan?

I just can't think of a great natural spot for that extra person, and considering our youth/inexperience at the position, I just think CB makes a lot of sense. Mullen/Johnson/Arnette/Robertson/Nixon are all so young. Joyner is a vet but only plays slot. Lawson might be back instead of Nixon, but that's only one guy and he's not even better than Worley was. I'd rather just get another coinflip at that position. I would have loved giving Jason Verette a flier on a minimum deal.

You basically nailed it, would like to add a RB, LB and maybe a DE and our 53 is set. Would like to add Safety, Tackle just for competition. If there is no preseason or training camp, would be hard for players to impress coaches for a spot on the team. It’s already going to be May, and camp usually starts end of July. That’s not a big window 

On 4/27/2020 at 11:42 PM, Humble_Beast said:

almost all these guys could be signed for the minimum. I would take a look at these free agent RBs as good insurance to the Jacobs/Bowden tandem and competition to Rod Smith

• Carlos Hyde- as others has said, I'll take him on a team friendly contract. At this point, he cant expect to get paid
  • Gus Edwards- he's a ERFA but the Ravens have like 8 RBs lol. He would be a perfect fit as a punishing RB
  • Devontae Booker- Phillip Lindsay came out of nowhere to take his spot, lost in the shuffle in Denver. Was known as a physical runner coming out of college 
  • Isaiah Crowell- maybe kick the tires one more time if he is healthy. He was an ox on the Browns, still young so could bounce back. 
  • CJ Prosise- I would really like this pickup, probably would be cheap. He was lost in the shuffle in Seattle. Seahawks probably had the deepest RB unit in the league
  • Corey Clement- has shown he can play in the league, Eagles had a lot of RB options so they let him test free agency
  • Johnathan Williams-  look good last year  when Mack went down
  • Frank Gore- old, but still was playing decent last year.
  • Alex Collins- has had success in the league, runs hard. Lost in the shuffle with the Ravens
  • Matt Jones- has the build, former 3rd rounder, looked good in the XFL

there are a few good free agent RB options. 

I really would like Gus Edwards but thought Ravens would keep him... he’s a nice punish back