2020 Las Vegas Raiders Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

On 4/30/2020 at 8:49 PM, Turnobili said:

id rather have a practice squad RB who can be bumped to the 55 than have him committed to the 53

I'd prefer to carry: 2 QB, 5 RB, 5 WR, 3 TE, 10 OL. Having Bowden gives us some flexibility because he basically counts at two positions so we'll basically have the benefit of carrying 5 RB's and 6 WR's while only using 10 roster spots. I'm not a huge fan of Devontae Booker but it seems like we want another true RB on the roster with his signing and the reports that we were in contact with Frank Gore. Hopefully behind our offensive line Booker can find some juice and revamp his career. If you keep a practice squad RB that means he wasn't good enough to make the 53 man roster on any team in the league. In a worst case scenario where Jacobs gets injured and misses time you'd have a young practice squad RB, Richard who had like 30 carries last season, and Bowden who has never even played the position. 

QB (2) - Carr | Mariota

RB (5) - Jacobs | Richard | Booker (FA?) | Bowden | Ingold 

WR (5) - Ruggs | Williams | Renfrow | Edwards | Agholor 

TE (3) - Waller | Moreau | Witten

OT (4) - Miller | Brown | Sharpe | Parker (FA?) 

IOL (6) - Hudson | Incognito | Jackson | Good | Devey | Simpson 

On 4/30/2020 at 7:46 PM, Turnobili said:

if we were going to add another running back (i'm personally grossed out by the concept of 4 running backs on top of a fullback), i think carlos hyde is the obvious choice as somebody who can spell jacobs as a workhorse, while also being good in pass pro and having good enough hands to catch out of the backfield

I wish we would've signed Hyde over Booker but it looks like Hyde wants to go somewhere he can get more touches. 

On 5/14/2020 at 4:54 PM, Turnobili said:

If Moreau is healthy and not PUP, then I don't see Carrier making the team. Gruden/Mayock love Witten, so I think he's a lock.

Amukamara should easily beat out Nevin Lawson. I don't see us keeping more than 6 CBs, and Mullen/Arnette/Joyner/Amik appear to be roster locks. Isaiah Johnson is probably close to a lock as well.

I don't know who is going to beat out Zay/Agholor for the last 2 spots (assuming we keep 6). Think they are fairly safe.

Kush is almost certainly not going to make it after we drafted Simpson. Kush won't beat out Good. Devey is the backup C, I think he's safe. I don't believe Booker is a lock. I hope we cut Peterman and just roll with 2 QBs

Agreed. Witten will help with his blocking, gives us another big target in the red zone, and will be an awesome mentor for Waller/Moreau. 

Agreed here as well. Lawson is an okay player but Prince is still a serviceable starter. We'll likely start Mullen on one side and Prince on the other side with Arnette being brought along to eventually start like we did with Mullen last season. Joyner is a lock because of his contract while Mayock has raved about Isaiah Johnson and Gruden said that Robertson was his favorite player in the draft so I think both of those guys make it. Good teams build through the draft and we're going to have to trust the young players that we've drafted the last two cycles. We've spent a 1st, 2nd, and two 4ths on CB's in the last two drafts and we have two solid veterans that can play while those guys get ready. 

Somewhat disagree here. I think we'll only carry 5 WR's because Bowden will play in the "joker" role where he's playing out of the backfield and in the slot. I was originally leaning towards Agholor making the roster and Jones being cut. But that was just because Agholor can play in the slot and has value in the return game, Bowden/Ruggs can also do those things. Jones has been living in Las Vegas and training with Carr all offseason and Carr raved about his work ethic. I also think that having some experience in the system will help his chances. 

Agreed. I think that we'll carry 10 offensive linemen this year. 4 OT: Miller, Brown, Sharpe, Parker/FA camp cut and 6 interior OL: Hudson, Incognito, Jackson, Good, Devey, and Simpson. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

QB (2) - Carr | Mariota

Honestly, depending on how camp/preseason if we have one goes, I'm not adverse to letting Richard go in favor of a 6th WR. 

If Agholor can bounce back, he's a better WR than Richard is a RB and can replace him on ST. Same goes for my 6th WR in Zay Jones- if he bounces back and looks good, he's a better WR than Richard is at RB. Plus, Jones and Agholor can allow Renfrow to cycle in and out and allow Edwards time to develop (Ruggs too if he needs it). 

Bowden and Booker render Richard totally expendable at RB imo. 

Basically, if Zay and Agholor both look like keepers, I'd be more worried about them going elsewhere than Richard, as both have shown at least glimpses of starting caliber. 

It's all a toss up really, but boy doesn't it feel good being able to worry about back end WR depth being tough cuts as opposed to keepers out of necessity?

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Honestly, depending on how camp/preseason if we have one goes, I'm not adverse to letting Richard go in favor of a 6th WR. 

If Agholor can bounce back, he's a better WR than Richard is a RB and can replace him on ST. Same goes for my 6th WR in Zay Jones- if he bounces back and looks good, he's a better WR than Richard is at RB. Plus, Jones and Agholor can allow Renfrow to cycle in and out and allow Edwards time to develop (Ruggs too if he needs it). 

Bowden and Booker render Richard totally expendable at RB imo. 

Basically, if Zay and Agholor both look like keepers, I'd be more worried about them going elsewhere than Richard, as both have shown at least glimpses of starting caliber. 

It's all a toss up really, but boy doesn't it feel good being able to worry about back end WR depth being tough cuts as opposed to keepers out of necessity?

I wouldn't be totally opposed too it but I think Richard is pretty close to a lock to make the roster. He's one of the best receiving backs in the league (104 catches for 930 yards the last two seasons), he knows the system, and he has chemistry with Carr. 

I think we can get away with carrying 5 WR's because Bowden will be a hybrid player. He basically counts at two positions while only taking one roster spot. 

I disagree that Bowden and Booker make Richard totally expendable. Booker had 8 touches in 16 games last season and Bowden has never played a snap at RB in his entire career. 

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'd prefer to carry: 2 QB, 5 RB, 5 WR, 3 TE, 10 OL. Having Bowden gives us some flexibility because he basically counts at two positions so we'll basically have the benefit of carrying 5 RB's and 6 WR's while only using 10 roster spots. I'm not a huge fan of Devontae Booker but it seems like we want another true RB on the roster with his signing and the reports that we were in contact with Frank Gore. Hopefully behind our offensive line Booker can find some juice and revamp his career. If you keep a practice squad RB that means he wasn't good enough to make the 53 man roster on any team in the league. In a worst case scenario where Jacobs gets injured and misses time you'd have a young practice squad RB, Richard who had like 30 carries last season, and Bowden who has never even played the position. 

QB (2) - Carr | Mariota

5 RBs and 5 WRS in 2020...

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I wouldn't be totally opposed too it but I think Richard is pretty close to a lock to make the roster. He's one of the best receiving backs in the league (104 catches for 930 yards the last two seasons), he knows the system, and he has chemistry with Carr. 

I think we can get away with carrying 5 WR's because Bowden will be a hybrid player. He basically counts at two positions while only taking one roster spot. 

I disagree that Bowden and Booker make Richard totally expendable. Booker had 8 touches in 16 games last season and Bowden has never played a snap at RB in his entire career. 

Booker has a lot better chance to get cut, then Richard IMO. If Bowden looks good as a runner from the RB spot, I think Booker can be afraid more then anyone.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Turnobili said:

no way. james was pretty bad in his spot starts last year (caused by Devey having to start at Guard). bad snaps galore.

Yeah I guess I don't remember that.  He filled in for Hudson and we didn't miss a beat was my recollection. I could be wrong.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Richard isn't getting cut because his salary is fully guaranteed. Only way he's moved is through a trade.

I am not saying he should get cut or I want him cut but if we had to cut a RB and money was a motivating factor he would save the most money.  Our roster cut off is $750,000.  Jacobs and Bowden would cost us money, Smith we would break even, Booker would save $137,500 and Richard would save $250,000.

5 hours ago, true2form said:

Yeah I guess I don't remember that.  He filled in for Hudson and we didn't miss a beat was my recollection. I could be wrong.

he had mutliple bad snaps against detroit, and was so-so in run blocking. i believe that was his only start and fwiw pff graded him sub-25.

the reason i think devey gets the nod is that he even showed up admirably at guard. last year he started games at both LG and RG and filled in decently. versatility from reserve OL is always highly valued. it's why teams like having swing tackles, for instance, instead of designated backup LT and RT

18 hours ago, Turnobili said:

no way. james was pretty bad in his spot starts last year (caused by Devey having to start at Guard). bad snaps galore.

He’s a OT convert to C starting as a rookie... “no way” over a few bad snaps? Yeah that’s not a bit extreme (sarcasm)?  I’m sure he’s been working on that all offseason.  Maybe Devey beats him out but James player very well other than a few bad snaps. It should be a good competition for the backup job.