2020 Las Vegas Raiders Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

17 hours ago, Rolni said:

Booker has a lot better chance to get cut, then Richard IMO. If Bowden looks good as a runner from the RB spot, I think Booker can be afraid more then anyone.

Booker has 50k guaranteed while Richard has 3.25M of his 3.65M first year of extension guaranteed.... if anyone thinks we’re cutting Richard there insane.  

given how little money booker got in guarentees (equivalent to some of the horrible UDFAs we signed) and the fact we were negotiating with Gore and Lesean McCoy prior to signing (more like settling imo) on booker I think it’s highly likely we add another rb at some point, likely when a good one is cut.

• Like 3

On 5/19/2020 at 11:04 AM, Humble_Beast said:

Killings  

Magnuson 

Vickers 

Usher 

surprised these camp fodders are still around, would have kept Nelson over any of these 4. Drop them and add a DL, LB, S! 

I agree on all but Magnuson, he’s a quality Training camp player with experience in the league and can play LG, C, RG, And RT in a pinch.  For me at least he’s exactly what you want in a training camp player.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 11:53 AM, jimkelly02 said:

I agree on all but Magnuson, he’s a quality Training camp player with experience in the league and can play LG, C, RG, And RT in a pinch.  For me at least he’s exactly what you want in a training camp player.

He did flop when the 49ers gave him a shot at pt, but yeah I guess he’s a good training camp body 

• 3 weeks later...

My Precamp 53 +12 man practice squad

QB (2) - Carr/Mariota

RB (4) - Jacobs

Bowden/Richard/Booker

FB (1) - Ingold

WR (6) - Ruggs/Williams

Renfrow/Edwards/Agholor/Zay

TE (4) - Waller/Moreau/Witten/Carrier

OL (10) -  

T-Miller/Brown/Sharpe/Parker
G - Incognito/Jackson/Good/Simpson
C - Hudson/James

(26)

DL- (8)
DE (4) - Ferrell/Crosby/Nassib/Key
DT (5) - Collins/Hankins/Hurst/Hall

LB (5) - Littleton/Kwaitkwoski/Morrow

Lee/Muse

DB(10)
CB (4) - Mullen/Prince/Arnette/Johnson
Slot (2) - Joyner/Robertson

S (4) - Abram/Randall

Harris/Heath

(23) 

LS - Sieg
K - Carlson 
P - Cole

(3)

Practice Squad- 

Peterman QB/Gafford WR/Williams WR/Cotton G/Seymour G/Panasiuk DT/Phillips LB/White LB/Nixon CB/Harper CB/Brown S/McCullough LS

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 8:32 PM, jimkelly02 said:

Booker has 50k guaranteed while Richard has 3.25M of his 3.65M first year of extension guaranteed.... if anyone thinks we’re cutting Richard there insane.  

given how little money booker got in guarentees (equivalent to some of the horrible UDFAs we signed) and the fact we were negotiating with Gore and Lesean McCoy prior to signing (more like settling imo) on booker I think it’s highly likely we add another rb at some point, likely when a good one is cut.

I am not evaluating talent but just the savings in cap and Richard saves us the most money.  If you are looking to save money our roster cut off is $750,000.  Jacobs and Bowden would cost us money, Smith we would break even, Booker would save $137,500 and Richard would save $250,000.  It is just how the numbers payout.  If they all perform to the same level and only money counts Richard is gone.  Now I do not think Richard is cut this year and I think he is better than Booker.

Edited by drfrey13

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I am not evaluating talent but just the savings in cap and Richard saves us the most money.  If you are looking to save money our roster cut off is $750,000.  Jacobs and Bowden would cost us money, Smith we would break even, Booker would save $137,500 and Richard would save $250,000.  It is just how the numbers payout.  If they all perform to the same level and only money counts Richard is gone.  Now I do not think Richard is cut this year and I think he is better than Booker.

Again... just speaking from a financial viewpoint there is 0.000% chance Richard gets cut.  We already paid him 3.375 of his 3.625M salary.  If you think we’re just going to eat 3.35M just to save .25M Your absolutely positively wrong.  

Speaking from a overall viewpoint....Did we not know who he was before we re-signed him?  He was worth giving that contract to in March, but in August we’re going to decide we’d rather go with Booker or Smith over Richard.... and we still have to pay Richard 93%+ of his 2020 cap cost?

And we have plenty of cap space.... even with rookies factored in we have over 8M.... and it’s not like we’re about to sign another player of any substantial cost.

Smith won’t make the team, Stanback at best makes the PS but i wouldn’t be surprised if he gets cut In the middle of camp, and Booker needs to bring his best and play like the prospect many thought he was out of Utah to get onto the roster as the 4th RB alongside Jacobs, Richard, and Bowden.

Even if your just talking cap savings.... Booker at 137.5k to Richard’s 250k.... we’ll take Richard all day, every day.  But again we don’t need to cut cap... there’s several players (Peterman, Cartier, etc) who will likely get cut at the deadline who will save us more money than the MEASLY 250k Richard would.

I’m not trying to be mean but I find your statement to just be incorrect.

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Again... just speaking from a financial viewpoint there is 0.000% chance Richard gets cut.  We already paid him 3.375 of his 3.625M salary.  If you think we’re just going to eat 3.35M just to save .25M Your absolutely positively wrong.  

Speaking from a overall viewpoint....Did we not know who he was before we re-signed him?  He was worth giving that contract to in March, but in August we’re going to decide we’d rather go with Booker or Smith over Richard.... and we still have to pay Richard 93%+ of his 2020 cap cost?

And we have plenty of cap space.... even with rookies factored in we have over 8M.... and it’s not like we’re about to sign another player of any substantial cost.

Smith won’t make the team, Stanback at best makes the PS but i wouldn’t be surprised if he gets cut In the middle of camp, and Booker needs to bring his best and play like the prospect many thought he was out of Utah to get onto the roster as the 4th RB alongside Jacobs, Richard, and Bowden.

Even if your just talking cap savings.... Booker at 137.5k to Richard’s 250k.... we’ll take Richard all day, every day.  But again we don’t need to cut cap... there’s several players (Peterman, Cartier, etc) who will likely get cut at the deadline who will save us more money than the MEASLY 250k Richard would.

I’m not trying to be mean but I find your statement to just be incorrect.

I was saying if everything is equal and the only deciding factor is money you cut Richard because he saves you more.  Guaranteed money is a sunk cost and you do not factor that in.  It might hurt your ego a little but the smart move with all players being equal is to save the most money.  I am not saying to cut anyone.  I was just pointing out that although Richard has more guaranteed he still saves more money.  I would have signed neither RB personally and spent Richard's money on a much better RB.  Richard is making top 20 money this year.

Edited by drfrey13

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

We don’t really need to worry about this money at this point, almost all our starters are penciled in, and no free agents of note. I could See  Richard Gone next year if Bowden is the real deal. 

I'm expecting Bowden to be a disappointment if I'm honest, I can see him being a gadget type guy on the end of the roster but to play full time RB isn't as easy as some believe, most teams place a very high value on blitz pickups and pass protecting for example which doesn't get taken into account nearly enough. Maybe I'm too pessimistic without having seen him even play in silver and black but it seems like a stretch to me that he'll be a bona fide NFL running back with a well rounded skill set by next season. I think his future may be as gadget guy and we'll have to bring in a full time RB2.

21 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I'm expecting Bowden to be a disappointment if I'm honest, I can see him being a gadget type guy on the end of the roster but to play full time RB isn't as easy as some believe, most teams place a very high value on blitz pickups and pass protecting for example which doesn't get taken into account nearly enough. Maybe I'm too pessimistic without having seen him even play in silver and black but it seems like a stretch to me that he'll be a bona fide NFL running back with a well rounded skill set by next season. I think his future may be as gadget guy and we'll have to bring in a full time RB2.

Just look at Gruden on YouTube, he’s always gushing over the wild cat. After the Saints had success with Tayson Hill, Gruden couldn’t help himself. I’m hoping Bowden is more then that, and  is explosive playmaker while running the rock. 

2 pickups we made at the end of last year might turn heads in camp. 

Anthony Ratliff Williams WR-

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/anthony-ratliff-williams

and Jordan Brown DB- should try to develop him as a FS. NFL.com projected him as a 2nd - 3rd rounder but I can’t find the url. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2824257-jordan-brown-nfl-draft-2019-scouting-report-for-cincinnati-bengals-pick.amp.html

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

most teams place a very high value on blitz pickups and pass protecting for example which doesn't get taken into account nearly enough.

This (blitz pickup and his receiving ability) is why we paid Richard 3.65M this year.  And there’s zero chance we cut him and eat 3.375M just to save .25M, as @drfrey13 suggests.  
The “if all things” are equal argument is invalid because things aren’t equal.  Richard has proven to be a top 3rd down back with pass protection and receiving skills.... and no one else on the roster has come close... albeit Jacobs does have the ability to.

I’m sorry but if you think we’re going to eat 3.375M to save .25M there’s not much more I can say... your entitled to your opinion despite how odd and illogical it seems to me and i assume the majority of people.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

2 pickups we made at the end of last year might turn heads in camp. 

Anthony Ratliff Williams WR-

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/anthony-ratliff-williams

and Jordan Brown DB- should try to develop him as a FS. NFL.com projected him as a 2nd - 3rd rounder but I can’t find the url. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2824257-jordan-brown-nfl-draft-2019-scouting-report-for-cincinnati-bengals-pick.amp.html

I think Ratliff-Williams is just a camp body and at best PS player, due to his versatility and athleticism but he’s never proven to be a good WR.  I do believe he’s a good competition guy to have at camp though.

Jordan Brown on the other hand has some upside.  He’s one of the guys that can sneak onto a roster with a strong showing in camp.  I’m glad you brought up moving him to FS because I’ve thought that same thing for awhile.

Besides J.Brown i think Rico Gafford and Ken Crawley, whose a vet whose been a decent CB2/3 in the league for a few years but for whatever reason didn’t make the team the last year or two, could be surprise players to make the team.

i still think we need to improve the back end of the roster and cut some of the outright scrubs and bring in 3-6 players who can at least Strongly compete for a roster spot.  I don’t see a ton of upside from the back end of the roster.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2020 at 11:44 PM, Humble_Beast said:

My Precamp 53 +12 man practice squad

QB (2) - Carr/Mariota

RB (4) - Jacobs

Bowden/Richard/Booker

FB (1) - Ingold

WR (6) - Ruggs/Williams

Renfrow/Edwards/Agholor/Zay

TE (4) - Waller/Moreau/Witten/Carrier

OL (10) -  

T-Miller/Brown/Sharpe/Parker
G - Incognito/Jackson/Good/Simpson
C - Hudson/James

(26)

DL- (8)
DE (4) - Ferrell/Crosby/Nassib/Key
DT (5) - Collins/Hankins/Hurst/Hall

LB (5) - Littleton/Kwaitkwoski/Morrow

Lee/Muse

DB(10)
CB (4) - Mullen/Prince/Arnette/Johnson
Slot (2) - Joyner/Robertson

S (4) - Abram/Randall

Harris/Heath

(23) 

LS - Sieg
K - Carlson 
P - Cole

(3)

Practice Squad- 

Peterman QB/Gafford WR/Williams WR/Cotton G/Seymour G/Panasiuk DT/Phillips LB/White LB/Nixon CB/Harper CB/Brown S/McCullough LS

Pending injuries that is the same 53 man roster I have.