2020 Las Vegas Raiders Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

49 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Still too early to judge Nassib imo but Joyner’s contract is an example of a bad contract. 

After last year no way would he get $11m this year anywhere else, that’s the gamble of FA I guess, 

I thought we could have cut him this year but they restructured his contract so that we would have to wait until next year.  Joyner was a bad signing and a horrible contract.  I was against the Joyner signing from the beginning.  Good thing we will have Amik "Bobcat" Robertson to take over next year.

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I thought we could have cut him this year but they restructured his contract so that we would have to wait until next year.  Joyner was a bad signing and a horrible contract.  I was against the Joyner signing from the beginning.  Good thing we will have Amik "Bobcat" Robertson to take over next year.

I wouldn’t be making a stink about Nassib If we didn’t just see the EXACT same thing with Joyner.... albeit at least Joyner was a starter with a ProBowl history. 

The problem with Joyner was his PB history was at FS and he had a horrible next year then got 2 years guaranteed.  

Where as Nassib went from draft bust to a rotational starter.  And could only get 6.5 sacks playing opposite S.Barrett and JPP with Suh and Vea eating your blockers.  That’s the epitome of average reserve.  

11 hours ago, Dessie said:

Still too early to judge Nassib imo but Joyner’s contract is an example of a bad contract. 

After last year no way would he get $11m this year anywhere else, that’s the gamble of FA I guess, 

Joyner was considered a pretty high profile free agent in 2019. He balled out for the Rams in 2017 and was above average in 2018. I think the biggest issue with Joyner is that he's better at FS but Gunther doesn't like small safeties so we've pigeon holed him into the SCB spot. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Joyner was considered a pretty high profile free agent in 2019. He balled out for the Rams in 2017 and was above average in 2018. I think the biggest issue with Joyner is that he's better at FS but Gunther doesn't like small safeties so we've pigeon holed him into the SCB spot. 

I guess above average is subjective.... he wasn’t horrible in ‘18...but it was a pretty big fall in play from ‘17.  Rams fans didn’t mind him leaving.  And I believe there was right on the wall that he wasn’t as good at sCB because he played more of that role in ‘18, which caused his decline.  And prior to his ‘17 breakout season he struggled at sCB. 

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-2019-free-agency-profile-lamarcus-joyner

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-smith-paces-the-nfls-top-10-safeties-heading-into-2018

https://sisdatahub.com/players/1022

Guenther should just play him at FS.  I think it’s ridiculous to be honest.  If he wanted a Slot CB he could have paid 1/2 that and gotten a pure slot CB.  

That said I think Joyner can be a decent slot CB this year.  He’s definitely a talented player overall.  In theory he should be good at sCB he just isn’t.

I’d really like to see him also played in hybrid 3 S looks as the deep safety with two “SS’s”.  He’s been able to play deep and make plays.  He’s way better coming forward to make a play.

Edited by jimkelly02

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We’ve done this before, Joyner has been average his whole career bar 1 good season.

If he doesn’t fit Guenthers system we shouldn’t have picked him up. 

12 hours ago, Dessie said:

We’ve done this before, Joyner has been average his whole career bar 1 good season.

Every Rams fan I have ever spoken to said Joyner was good at FS and horrible in the slot.  We signed him to be a SCB from day one.  Bad decision.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2020 at 11:47 AM, drfrey13 said:

Yea Joyner has been Mayock’s worst love by far

13 hours ago, Dessie said:

It’s even worse than usual cuz he’s been average as a slot corner fir several years, breaks out at FS, goes back to sCB and is barely average.... then we sign him and think we’re smarter then the last guy and stick him at sCB... it fails and we do it again this year

when will we learn we are not that smart ... stop playing games?!?!

Joyner might have been worth his pay if he was still playing FS where he was actually a good player. We paid him as if his pro bowl status was due to his play in the slot, which was never a primary role for him. They bungled it last year and they've only doubled down on it now. In no universe does the level of play we saw last year in the slot justify 8 figures. only good thing is he will be another easy cut next offseason if the cap shrinks, and hopefully amik can earn the role by then.

nassib not making an impact in camp is concerning, but i dont want to write off a sigining before any games are played. but he's getting paid to be a very good player. 7 mil isn't what you pay somebody to just be depth. we also spent #4 overall on Cle Ferrell. collectively that's a good amount of capital spent on 2 guys..

Edited by Turnobili

46 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

People already tearing apart Nassib without playing a Raider snap. 

At least we saw Mack play in preseason before he was getting rag dolled in here. No ones even seen Nassib play a snap in a Raider uniform and he’s a a bum lol

I’m sorry but you guys are often hypocrites....

Reporters hype up Edwards and Williams’ lost becomes no big deal.... “Edwards was going to be a 1st round pick til he got hurt” and “is tearing up camp by all reports”.

But when Nassib is both never mentioned as standing out in camp and reports are that Key surpassed his as 3rd DE and that Nassib hasn’t shown many flashes.... then it’s “he hasn’t played one snap”.

So are these beat reporters giving you the inside scoop or not?  If you take them seriously how can you just filter out the into you want to hear and the rest of what they report is discarded?

And no one ever called Nassib a bum, I and a few others said it wasn’t the best contract and he’s a decent player but nothing special.  It just strikes me as a Joyner situation.  And I’ve actually been the least critical of Joyner around here, I think he can rebound to be decent this year.

On 9/2/2020 at 12:39 AM, jimkelly02 said:

I guess above average is subjective.... he wasn’t horrible in ‘18...but it was a pretty big fall in play from ‘17.  Rams fans didn’t mind him leaving.  And I believe there was right on the wall that he wasn’t as good at sCB because he played more of that role in ‘18, which caused his decline.  And prior to his ‘17 breakout season he struggled at sCB. 

On 9/2/2020 at 12:58 AM, Dessie said:

Joyner played well enough in 2017 that the Rams were willing to hit him with the franchise tag and pay him $11.2M in 2018. He didn't play as well in 2018 and they decided to move on. 

PFF had him as their #13 free agent in 2019 and NFL.com ranked him as their #14 free agent. 

He played pretty terribly in 2019 but it wasn't a terrible signing at the time based on what he had done with the Rams. We'll see how he plays this season but regardless he's gone next offseason.