2020 Las Vegas Raiders Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

7 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m sorry but you guys are often hypocrites....

Reporters hype up Edwards and Williams’ lost becomes no big deal.... “Edwards was going to be a 1st round pick til he got hurt” and “is tearing up camp by all reports”.

But when Nassib is both never mentioned as standing out in camp and reports are that Key surpassed his as 3rd DE and that Nassib hasn’t shown many flashes.... then it’s “he hasn’t played one snap”.

So are these beat reporters giving you the inside scoop or not?  If you take them seriously how can you just filter out the into you want to hear and the rest of what they report is discarded?

And no one ever called Nassib a bum, I and a few others said it wasn’t the best contract and he’s a decent player but nothing special.  It just strikes me as a Joyner situation.  And I’ve actually been the least critical of Joyner around here, I think he can rebound to be decent this year.

The only potential difference I see between the Joyner contract and Nassib is the position.  IF he played inside but was horrible and we signed Nassib to a contract to be a situational 3T with no intention of putting him on the field as a DE then it would be the same as Joyner.  Nassib's contract is to much but he can still be an average to above average DE.  What  do not like is paying a 3rd or 4th DE that much money unless you plan on playing him 50% of the downs with production.  It just does not seem like his playing time will match his contract and there were better players that signed for less.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Joyner played well enough in 2017 that the Rams were willing to hit him with the franchise tag and pay him $11.2M in 2018. He didn't play as well in 2018 and they decided to move on. 

PFF had him as their #13 free agent in 2019 and NFL.com ranked him as their #14 free agent. 

He played pretty terribly in 2019 but it wasn't a terrible signing at the time based on what he had done with the Rams. We'll see how he plays this season but regardless he's gone next offseason. 

Nobody thinks Joyner is a bum but rather we are idiots for signing him to a contract that was justified if we put him at FS when all the evidence pointed to him being below average as a SCB.  We signed him with the intention of putting him at SCB even after all of our S went down.  We were playing Harris and Riley at S.  

7 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Nobody thinks Joyner is a bum but rather we are idiots for signing him to a contract that was justified if we put him at FS when all the evidence pointed to him being below average as a SCB.  We signed him with the intention of putting him at SCB even after all of our S went down.  We were playing Harris and Riley at S.  

I agree. I thought it was weird that we pigeon holed him into the SCB spot all year even after we lost two starting safeties. Hopefully he can play better this season with Robertson breathing down his neck.

On 8/31/2020 at 6:09 AM, jimkelly02 said:

Horrible contract.  Next year we cut him and dead cap 5.75M or keep him at 9.5M.

thats a lot of money for a guy whose a 3rd DE (sounds like he’s 4th with Key outplaying him) and is prolly going to get 4-7 sacks. 

im gonna wrote down all the posters who are amping him up and going to remind them at the beginning of FA ‘21 what they said.  I see how plausible scenario where his play in ‘20 warrants his pay in ‘21.  We simply shouldn’t have signed a non starter to year 2 guaranteed money.  That’s a horrible combination.

Haha, you know I'll own up to that!!! 😀

I do like the player and what he brings to us, if we use him to his strengths and do things like inside stunts with him (the Deon Jordan role) playing inside using his length he'll be very good I feel. I wont argue that he is overpaid and his contract is not too kind to us, its a strange contract compared to the other guys we signed which seem team friendly

I will say that Key is a guy who will always look good in camp, flashes potential, has bend and athleticism but I'll bet Nassib is the one bringing it on game day when the bullets are flying. He's a no nonsense type player who'll always look better in game situations than in shorts 

Projected depth chart based on the Athletic's final 53 man projection

Offense

QB - Carr | Mariota | Peterman

RB - Jacobs | Richard | Booker | Bowden

FB - Ingold

WR - Ruggs | Renfrow | Agholor 

WR - Edwards | Jones 

TE - Waller | Witten | Moreau | Carrier 

LT - Miller | Young

LG - Incognito | Simpson 

C - Hudson | James

RG - Jackson | Good

RT - Brown | Parker

Defense

DE - Crosby | Key 

DT - Collins | Hurst

DT - Hankins | Ross

DE - Ferrell | Nassib

OLB - Littleton | Muse 

MLB - Kwit 

OLB - Morrow | McMillian 

CB - Mullen | Joyner | Robertson 

CB - Arnette | Johnson | Nixon 

SS - Abram | Heath 

FS - Randall | Harris

8 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m sorry but you guys are often hypocrites....

Reporters hype up Edwards and Williams’ lost becomes no big deal.... “Edwards was going to be a 1st round pick til he got hurt” and “is tearing up camp by all reports”.

But when Nassib is both never mentioned as standing out in camp and reports are that Key surpassed his as 3rd DE and that Nassib hasn’t shown many flashes.... then it’s “he hasn’t played one snap”.

So are these beat reporters giving you the inside scoop or not?  If you take them seriously how can you just filter out the into you want to hear and the rest of what they report is discarded?

And no one ever called Nassib a bum, I and a few others said it wasn’t the best contract and he’s a decent player but nothing special.  It just strikes me as a Joyner situation.  And I’ve actually been the least critical of Joyner around here, I think he can rebound to be decent this year.

I see Nassib as a high effort/motor type. i dont think hed pop as much at practice as his skill set isnt flashy. Truth be told im holding reservation until i see him on the field. I really havent said much about Nassib one way or the other, just taking a wait and see approach, let things play out. Im not of of these guys  that pretends to know more than the FO. I trust in Mayock, so ill give him the benefit of doubt until said player shows his colors much like Joyner. I didnt love the signing but didnt bash it, now ive seen what it looks like now i feel like i have enough knowledge to form an opinion, and yea i dont like the Joyner signing. 

As far as Edwards, he stood out in college, has a prototype NFL WR skillset, fell in the draft due to injury no is showing out in camp. No one has said hes the next TO, but hes definitely someone im excited about. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I agree. I thought it was weird that we pigeon holed him into the SCB spot all year even after we lost two starting safeties. Hopefully he can play better this season with Robertson breathing down his neck.

I thought that we had more capable players in the slot behind Joyner than Riley was at FS.  A lot about our defense did not make sense. 

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Haha, you know I'll own up to that!!! 😀

I do like the player and what he brings to us, if we use him to his strengths and do things like inside stunts with him (the Deon Jordan role) playing inside using his length he'll be very good I feel. I wont argue that he is overpaid and his contract is not too kind to us, its a strange contract compared to the other guys we signed which seem team friendly

I will say that Key is a guy who will always look good in camp, flashes potential, has bend and athleticism but I'll bet Nassib is the one bringing it on game day when the bullets are flying. He's a no nonsense type player who'll always look better in game situations than in shorts 

He’s not that bad IMO.... he’s just being overhyped and the contract shouldn’t have year 2 guaranteed.... I can like the player but not the deal.

nassib will be steady if used correctly in the role you, I, and many others have laid out.

but I think get my point about the hyproctical way people use TC reports to back what they wanna think.

With the official 53 man roster out...

Offense (26)

QB - Carr | Mariota | Peterman 

RB - Jacobs | Richard | Booker

FB - Ingold 

WR - Ruggs | Renfrow | Gafford

WR - Edwards | Jones | Agholor 

TE - Waller | Witten | Moreau | Carrier

LT - Miller

LG - Incognito | Simpson

C - Hudson | James 

RG - Jackson | Good 

RT - Brown | Parker 

Defense (24)

DE - Crosby | Key | Vickers

DT - Collins | Hurst

DT - Hankins | Ross

DE - Ferrell | Nassib

LB - Littleton | McMillian 

LB - Kwit | Wilber* 

LB - Morrow 

CB - Mullen | Joyner | Johnson

CB - Arnette | Nixon | Robertson

SS - Abram | Heath

FS - Harris | Leavitt 

Special Teams (3)

K - Carlson

P - Cole 

LS - Sieg

Edited by NYRaider

https://www.raiders.com/team/depth-chart

official depth chart released... nothing particularly surprising. Ruggs/Edwards listed as the outside starters, Renfrow in the slot. 

defense is how we'd expect, with Ferrell-Hankins-Collins-Crosby starting. mullen/arnette outside with joyner in the slot, amik listed as backing up joyner

Richard listed as kick returner, Renfrow returning punts. Ruggs backing up both. im somewhat surprised we're not using agholor as a punt returner

2 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

https://www.raiders.com/team/depth-chart

official depth chart released... nothing particularly surprising. Ruggs/Edwards listed as the outside starters, Renfrow in the slot. 

defense is how we'd expect, with Ferrell-Hankins-Collins-Crosby starting. mullen/arnette outside with joyner in the slot, amik listed as backing up joyner

Richard listed as kick returner, Renfrow returning punts. Ruggs backing up both. im somewhat surprised we're not using agholor as a punt returner

I would rather Bowden returning kicks and punts then getting a 4th rounder.  Not because he is worth it but it would help protect Richard, Renfrow, and Ruggs.  We have no idea how good of a player Bowden is so the trade at face value might be a huge mistake.  Can Gafford return punts?  I do not want to see Renfrow out there unless it is a fair catch.

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I would rather Bowden returning kicks and punts then getting a 4th rounder.  Not because he is worth it but it would help protect Richard, Renfrow, and Ruggs.  We have no idea how good of a player Bowden is so the trade at face value might be a huge mistake.  Can Gafford return punts?  I do not want to see Renfrow out there unless it is a fair catch.

i dont like the idea of renfrow returning punts either. i know he had some nice YAC td's last year, but i'd prefer somebody with better speed at the spot. agholor seemed natural

I hate the idea of Renfrow returning punts. He’s going to HAVE to be a huge portion of the offense and risking him getting injured... even a little sprained ankle... isn’t worth it.  He’s not a dynamic PR.  The risk to reward isn’t proportional.  Stick Agholor or Gafford back their.  

let Gafford do both... at least with his 4.2 speed he can at least have the ability to break a long one here and there.

all Id expect from Renfrow is a bunch of fair catches and 10 short gains for every 10+yd return.  Even if Renfrow could give us a small increase in yards per return over Gafford .... I’d still take Gafford because he has the ability to make a Large return for a TD or sets up a TD due to a short field.