2020 Las Vegas Raiders Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I agree that he won't ever be a guy that gets 20+ carries consistently but he should be a good running back. What he did as a wildcat QB running the ball last season was incredible. 

Ya, he looked like he had moves to make people miss. He also looked explosive and faster than his 40 time. Plus he did all his damage in the SEC

Edited by Humble_Beast

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Ya, he looked like he had moves to make people miss. He also looked explosive and faster than his 40 time. Plus he did all his damage in the SEC

I’m optimistic about Bowden becoming a good NFL “Running Back By Committee” RB2.

but he’s got a big adjustment coming in terms of running style.  Yes he ran the ball a lot last year as a QB and yes he did show the ability to lower his shoulder and break tackles..... but.....

There is a big difference from option runs / RPOs where he’d snap the ball...Be 2-5 yards behind the line and make a read/decision and then pick a hole to run Thru.... Versus.... in the nfl he’ll line up 7-8 yards deep and have a specific hole that the OL blocks for specifically.  In the zone blocking he will have to make reads and can cut it back or extended the play out... but its still a vastly different running style.

its a major change imo and something he very well could struggle with for the first 2 years.  No one really has mentioned it btw and I think it’s a big deal.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I’m hoping Stanback or Booker surprise and we actually have great depth. Still think we can add a good during the cut period 

RB is a position where you can pick up a player whose for cut at the deadline and get him up to speed and playing by week 2-3.

im really hoping GB cuts jamaal Williams And we Sign him.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Because we're going to carry a FB I don't think that we have room for 4 RBs. 

Yeah... I think it’ll come down to 1 of: 4th RB OR 4th TE OR 10th OLmen:

2 QB

1 FB

6 WR

** 3-4 RB **

** 3-4 TE **
** 9-10 OL **

—————

25 offensive players

plus 25 defensive players + 3 ST(P,K,LS) = 53

I think it’s either we keep Carrier (if Moreau isn’t 100% week 1) or we keep Parker as 10th OL.

I saw someone post/joke about cutting Nate Peterman and having Lynn Bowden as our QB3.  I really wouldn't mind it.  If both Carr and Mariota go down then our season is most likely over anyway.  Just saying this because every single roster spot counts.  I don't really think N. Peterman is worth the roster spot.  Especially with the changes to our roster depth and the 80 man limit.  I'm sure this has been discussed, just haven't had the chance to jump into the conversation.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jerry said:

I saw someone post/joke about cutting Nate Peterman and having Lynn Bowden as our QB3.  I really wouldn't mind it.  If both Carr and Mariota go down then our season is most likely over anyway.  Just saying this because every single roster spot counts.  I don't really think N. Peterman is worth the roster spot.  Especially with the changes to our roster depth and the 80 man limit.  I'm sure this has been discussed, just haven't had the chance to jump into the conversation.

He'd probably not get picked up and Bowden is just an emergency QB in game if both guys go down the same game. Then sign Peterman off his couch to start with Bowden as back up. I want Bowden to focus on other positions but him running around to finish off a game is fine by me. The problem is if he looks too good. LOL

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jerry said:

I think Peterman’s only chance is as one of the two NEW PS spots.... pays 204k.  I can’t see us keeping a 3rd QB for 2.133M especially with Mariota costing 9.125M.  The money saved will be important next year when the cap drops.  Remember we were only able to spend like we did in FA because we carried 22M over from last year.  We’re currently at just under 6.0M so if we can shave off another 5-6M by releasing players to get down to 53 then we could carry that over and mitigate the +\- 25M salary cap drop forecasted for next year.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 1:11 PM, Humble_Beast said:

Current Depth Chart:

Offseason will be here before you know it, here is a look at the roster before free agency/draft. This thread is dedicated to giving fans a chance to overlook the the roster with all the upcoming moves

Offense

QB: Carr, Mariota, Peterman

RB: Jacobs, Bowden, J Hill, D BookerJ Richard,  R Smith, Stanback

FB: Ingold 

WR: T Williams,  B Edwards, Doss 

WR:  Ruggs, Z Jones,  Ateman 

Slot: Renfrow, Agholor, Rico, Pierson El

TE:  Waller, Moreau, Witten, D Carrier,  O’ Leary, Bowers 

LT: K Miller, B Parker, Young

LG: Richie, Simpson, Kush

C:: Hudson,  James, Devey 

RG: Jackson, Good, Cotton, Seymour

RT: T Brown, Sharpe

Defense 
RDE: Ferrell, Key

UT:  Collins, Hurst, Panasiuk

NT: Hankins, Ross, Vickers

LDE: Nassib, Crosby 

WLB:  Littleton, Wilber, White

MLB:  Kwiatkoski, EligwePhillips

SLB:  Morrow, Muse, Usher

LCB: Mullens,  Lawson, Crawley, Mabin

RCB: AmukamaraArnette,  Johnson, Hill 

Slot:  Joyner,  Robertson, Nixon, Nelson

FS:   Randall,  Harris

SS: J Abram, J Heath, Leavitt

K: Carlson

P: Cole 

LS: Sieg

*free agency addition

Updated...

Edited by Humble_Beast

On 7/29/2020 at 7:12 PM, jimkelly02 said:

I’m optimistic about Bowden becoming a good NFL “Running Back By Committee” RB2.

but he’s got a big adjustment coming in terms of running style.  Yes he ran the ball a lot last year as a QB and yes he did show the ability to lower his shoulder and break tackles..... but.....

There is a big difference from option runs / RPOs where he’d snap the ball...Be 2-5 yards behind the line and make a read/decision and then pick a hole to run Thru.... Versus.... in the nfl he’ll line up 7-8 yards deep and have a specific hole that the OL blocks for specifically.  In the zone blocking he will have to make reads and can cut it back or extended the play out... but its still a vastly different running style.

its a major change imo and something he very well could struggle with for the first 2 years.  No one really has mentioned it btw and I think it’s a big deal.

Muse and Bowden both seems like projects coming into this year. Let’s see how it pans out, hope they make Mayock look like a genius. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Our depth at DT and LB currently sucks. I would still also like to add a DE, S. Seems like we have too many RBs, OL if we need space to stay at 80.

I don’t understand what’s going on with our G’s.  We already guaranteed Jackson’s salary so he’s definitely starting alongside Incognito.  Those are certainties unless someone gets hurt and thus IR’d.  We have Denzel Good and 4th round rookie John Simpson as firmly cemented into the roster as backups as one can be.  It’s a near certainty those our are 4 guards on the 53man roster.  
Then we have Jordan Devey and Eric Kush, two guys capable of being spot starters let alone backups, on the roster.  (They could also be competing with James for the backup C spot).  That alone would be plenty of G’s for TC.  
OH NO!  We also have Lester Cotton ok then roster trying to land a PS spot again..... along with Kamaal Seymour.  And if that wasn’t total pure Over kill..... we just had to claim Jordan Roos.... Simply because a Cable knows him.  Hey Tom.... just call the guy to stay in touch.... no need to jam up the roster.

9..... I repeat .... 9 guards on a 80 man roster. Smh.... and the 4 that will make it are already known.  Roos and Seymour (or swap him for Cotton.... it’s just personal choice) need to immediately be cut to open up room for other positions.... ones that lack depth and need competition to determine who starts let alone who will make the team.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My 53 man roster 3 weeks prior to kickoff 

QB: Carr, Mariota (2)

RB: Jacobs, Bowden, J Richard

FB: Ingold (5)

WR: T Williams,  B Edwards

WR:  Ruggs, Z Jones

Slot: Renfrow, Agholor (6)

TE:  Waller, Moreau, Witten, D Carrier (4)

LT: K Miller, B Parker

LG: Richie, Simpson 

C:: Hudson,  James

RG: Jackson, Good 

RT: T Brown, Sharpe (10)
Defense 

UT:  Collins, Hurst

NT: Hankins, Ross

LDE: Crosby, Nassib (8)

WLB:  Morrow,  White

MLB:  Kwiatkoski, Emmanuel

SLB:  Littleton, Muse (6)

LCB: Mullens, Johnson

RCB: AmukamaraArnette

Slot:  Joyner,  Robertson (6)

FS:   Randall,  Harris

SS: J Abram, J Heath (4)

LS: Sieg (3)

Practice Squad: (16)

• Peterman
  • Reddick
  • Booker
  • Rico
  • Doss
  • Kush
  • Devey
  • Cotton
  • Young
  • C Smith
  • Jones
  • Dixon
  • Harper
  •  3 guy we pick up after cuts

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

My 53 man roster 3 weeks prior to kickoff 

QB: Carr, Mariota (2)

RB: Jacobs, Bowden, J Richard

FB: Ingold (5)

WR: T Williams,  B Edwards

WR:  Ruggs, Z Jones

Slot: Renfrow, Agholor (6)

TE:  Waller, Moreau, Witten, D Carrier (4)

LT: K Miller, B Parker

LG: Richie, Simpson 

C:: Hudson,  James

RG: Jackson, Good 

RT: T Brown, Sharpe (10)
Defense 

UT:  Collins, Hurst

NT: Hankins, Ross

LDE: Crosby, Nassib (8)

WLB:  Morrow,  White

MLB:  Kwiatkoski, Emmanuel

SLB:  Littleton, Muse (6)

LCB: Mullens, Johnson

RCB: AmukamaraArnette

Slot:  Joyner,  Robertson (6)

FS:   Randall,  Harris

SS: J Abram, J Heath (4)

LS: Sieg (3)

Practice Squad: (16)

• Peterman
  • Reddick
  • Booker
  • Rico
  • Doss
  • Kush
  • Devey
  • Cotton
  • Young
  • C Smith
  • Jones
  • Dixon
  • Harper
  •  3 guy we pick up after cuts

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/trent-brown-on-field-at-raiders-practice-after-long-absence-2101083/

Sam Young is getting reps in Trent Brown's place right now.  So I would think he would get the roster spot over Sharpe.  Just my two cents on your projected roster.

Edit: Another link directly from Raiders.com:  https://www.raiders.com/news/veteran-tackle-sam-young-is-making-a-strong-impression-during-training-camp

Edited by Jerry
  • Like 1