2020 Las Vegas Raiders Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

if we were going to add another running back (i'm personally grossed out by the concept of 4 running backs on top of a fullback), i think carlos hyde is the obvious choice as somebody who can spell jacobs as a workhorse, while also being good in pass pro and having good enough hands to catch out of the backfield

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

if we were going to add another running back (i'm personally grossed out by the concept of 4 running backs on top of a fullback), i think carlos hyde is the obvious choice as somebody who can spell jacobs as a workhorse, while also being good in pass pro and having good enough hands to catch out of the backfield

Well it’s a 53 man roster with 2 of the now 12 PS players (chosen on a weekly basis) eligible to be active game day so that might helps somewhat in carrying 4 RBs.

i think we can and will carry
2QB, 4 RB, 1 FB, 3 TE, 6WR,  9-10OL = 25-26

1 K, P, LS = 3

9 DL, 5 LB, 4 S, 6 CB + 1 ( prolly LB) = 25

the issuers we might face is our borderline roster guys aren’t likely to stay on the PS, someone will likely poach them.

20 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Well it’s a 53 man roster with 2 of the now 12 PS players (chosen on a weekly basis) eligible to be active game day so that might helps somewhat in carrying 4 RBs.

i think we can and will carry
2QB, 4 RB, 1 FB, 3 TE, 6WR,  9-10OL = 25-26

1 K, P, LS = 3

9 DL, 5 LB, 4 S, 6 CB + 1 ( prolly LB) = 25

the issuers we might face is our borderline roster guys aren’t likely to stay on the PS, someone will likely poach them.

id rather have a practice squad RB who can be bumped to the 55 than have him committed to the 53

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

id rather have a practice squad RB who can be bumped to the 55 than have him committed to the 53

In theory yes, but in reality (it seems) we’ll need 4 RBs.  we still need a power RB who can take 100-150 rushes because Bowden and Richard are more receivers than RBs.

i was pretty disappointed about the “55 man roster” rule.  It wasn’t initial broadcasted with the loophole that it’s really just a bigger PS.  With only 48 of 53/55 players Allowed to be active game day it seems like more times than not the +2 guys from PS will just be inactives.  

This is the only scenario I think it’s actually helpful:

You carry 3 RBs on active roster and 1 on PS.  It’s weak 8....Your RB2 is injured and likely out 3-4 weeks instead of IRing him you bring up the PS RB and active him for the 3-4 weeks until your RB2 is healthy.... I think we’ll definitely see less IR’d players... a lot of times the player is scheduled to return before the season ends (such as the case of a 3-4 week injury in week 7 game). 
Teams will also not be “forced” to cut, for instance, the 9th DL or 10th OL to make room for a new player at a position they have an injury at.  

I think it’ll be rare the PS players will be more useful that week then the other 5 guys who are on active roster but inactive.  If they were that good someone would poach them to their active roster.

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

He’s their 4th string back after Ingram, Dobbins, and Justice Hill... wonder if we could poach him away on a 1year 2-3 million dollar deal 

I thought I just read that they were gonna play all 4 back meaning Edwards was still in their plans unless they meant someone else...

If Moreau is healthy and not PUP, then I don't see Carrier making the team. Gruden/Mayock love Witten, so I think he's a lock.

Amukamara should easily beat out Nevin Lawson. I don't see us keeping more than 6 CBs, and Mullen/Arnette/Joyner/Amik appear to be roster locks. Isaiah Johnson is probably close to a lock as well.

I don't know who is going to beat out Zay/Agholor for the last 2 spots (assuming we keep 6). Think they are fairly safe.

Kush is almost certainly not going to make it after we drafted Simpson. Kush won't beat out Good. Devey is the backup C, I think he's safe. I don't believe Booker is a lock. I hope we cut Peterman and just roll with 2 QBs

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 2

On 5/14/2020 at 7:54 PM, Turnobili said:

If Moreau is healthy and not PUP, then I don't see Carrier making the team. Gruden/Mayock love Witten, so I think he's a lock.

Amukamara should easily beat out Nevin Lawson. I don't see us keeping more than 6 CBs, and Mullen/Arnette/Joyner/Amik appear to be roster locks. Isaiah Johnson is probably close to a lock as well.

I don't know who is going to beat out Zay/Agholor for the last 2 spots (assuming we keep 6). Think they are fairly safe.

Kush is almost certainly not going to make it after we drafted Simpson. Kush won't beat out Good. Devey is the backup C, I think he's safe. I don't believe Booker is a lock. I hope we cut Peterman and just roll with 2 QBs

I think James is our backup C, not Devey.