Bill O'Brien officially promoted to Houston Texans GM

Drained

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Pretty much, yup. BoB gets the headlines, but I actually think a major architect to this mess is Jack Easterby: a former team chaplain for KC, then a "character coach" for New England, and now in Houston as the EVP/Director of Football Operations following the moves yesterday. It was always assumed that Easterby is the right hand man for BoB, and the two promotions pretty much solidify this as such. Easterby is widely considered the guy at the center of the tampering claims from New England during the whole Nick Caserio scandal. He's really got no football experience in a coaching or business perspective - all accounts have him as a good "pep talk" sort of guy, that's all he really brings to the table. And now... he's arguably the 2nd most powerful person in the Texans organization. *Shrug* Anyone got any trash cans and cameras I could borrow? That got Hinch and Lunhow fired... might work in this situation, too.

Interesting. Not a HOU fan so the organization nuts and bolts aren't known to me - so thanks for that. Odd that there doesnt seem to be any great support for this guy......his on the field record....while not necessarily "fireable"....has led to a lot of people wishing he'd be gone.....but against all tides, he seems to headed in the opposite direction. I dunno know.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Very possible. Not going to deny this for a second. The man is physically beaten... it could be like when Ramsey Bolton tortured Theon Greyjoy so horribly that Greyjoy called himself Reek and subjected himself to Bolton in about every possible way.

Deshaun Watson... is Reek. That's really the takeaway from this.

Counterpoint

Watson is Tyrion. It's not hard to love someone who has made you millions of dollars when you are young still. Just wait a few years until BoB's coaching and strategy start really beating him down and the money isn't looking so important and then BoB better start locking his door when he's on the toilet. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

Counterpoint. Watson is Tyrion. It's not hard to love someone who has made you millions of dollars when you are young still. Just wait a few years until BoB's coaching and strategy start really beating him down and the money isn't looking so important and then BoB better start locking his door when he's on the toilet. 

No.....not exact enough.

Tyrion didnt love Tywin (Lannister). Far from it - primarily because Tywin openly hated Tyrion and wanted him dead. 
In this example - Tyrion (Watson) hasnt said enough negative stuff about Tywin (BoB) to fully take on that character - and he certainly hasnt gone all "I am a nobody" Reek!

No. You want to apply a GOT / Lannister comparison - go with Jaime. Only thing we dont know is who's he banging on the side  :)

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

No.....not exact enough.

Tyrion didnt love Tywin (Lannister). Far from it - primarily because Tywin openly hated Tyrion and wanted him dead. 
In this example - Tyrion (Watson) hasnt said enough negative stuff about Tywin (BoB) to fully take on that character - and he certainly hasnt gone all "I am a nobody" Reek!

No. You want to apply a GOT / Lannister comparison - go with Jaime. Only thing we dont know is who's he banging on the side  :)

I know this is going down a rabbit hole but I thought about Jaime. It definitely makes sense if we make BoB Cersie instead. Then when his team starts to fall apart he can start going crazy and try to take over other teams as well, with his bodyguard JJ Watt as The Man Mountain. 

Now I want to do a whole character sheet showing who in the NFL represents characters from the how. Starting with Belichick as the White Walker Night King. 

Lol how do I have a girlfriend...

• Like 1

You're all overthinking it.

BoB is Jon Snow:

• He's a bastard.
  • He knows nothing.
  • At the end of the day, nothing he did will matter, because Arya dunked on the NK. 
  • I still don't get that Arya development.
  • Like, she couldn't use the faces? 
  • That was the coolest thing about her! Faceless assassin!
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You're all overthinking it.

BoB is Jon Snow:

• He's a bastard.
  • He knows nothing.
  • At the end of the day, nothing he did will matter, because Arya dunked on the NK. 
  • I still don't get that Arya development.
  • Like, she couldn't use the faces? 
  • That was the coolest thing about her! Faceless assassin!

Arya was a certified badass in those last episodes and the next to last - when the dragon was torching the city? Well done IMO.

48 minutes ago, Leader said:

Arya was a certified badass in those last episodes and the next to last - when the dragon was torching the city? Well done IMO.

I get they were cool, but she spent time in Braavos, made a huge run to get out of Braavos and back to Westeros, used her faces to wipe house Frey off the map (which she did, MY GOODNESS Winter came to The Twins) but then? Oh, here's a shooting spear and a Valerian dagger, go poster-ize the a NK while the Prince that was Promised hides from a zombie dragon...

It didn't fit, IMO. It was a sharp left for the sake of a swerve, not a well executed swerve IMO.