Tribe 2020 - Locked and Loaded

brooks1957

13 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

But I was told we’d use klubers money and sign someone else. 

Dear Dolan,

Please sell the team since they aren't "making any money". Please continue to ignore those cooked books and Forbes evaluation of the team, which was six times more than what you bought it for 20 years ago.

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I loved hearing how Dolan is the best owner in Cleveland. Absolute joke.

That three horse race with him, Truckstop Jimmy, and Gilbert is an epic one. Gilbert is kind of a jerk, but he seems to genuinely care about the city/fans.

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I loved hearing how Dolan is the best owner in Cleveland. Absolute joke.

Unless all you care about is regular season wins. I’m sure there will be a few fun trivia questions at a bar.

Unfortunately by process of elimination he is. If Gilbert didn’t meddle so much and put his ego aside he would he. The man is nothing without lebron. As bad as Dolan is he’s been able to win with an ever changing roster. 

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Unfortunately by process of elimination he is. If Gilbert didn’t meddle so much and put his ego aside he would he. The man is nothing without lebron. As bad as Dolan is he’s been able to win with an ever changing roster. 

What is Dolan winning? Regular season games and that’s it. Will you talk about the regular season wins 20-30 years from now or the Cavs playoff success? I promise you that you will NEVER see a Indians World Series win with Dolan.

At least in the NBA, all it takes is for one jackass owner to get lucky and hit on a super star.

22 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

What is Dolan winning? Regular season games and that’s it. Will you talk about the regular season wins 20-30 years from now or the Cavs playoff success? I promise you that you will NEVER see a Indians World Series win with Dolan.

At least in the NBA, all it takes is for one jackass owner to get lucky and hit on a super star.

Dolan is winning a hell of a lot more than Gilbert. Lebron won everything in spite of him. Look at the non lebron teams vs the Indians. That’s the real Dolan vs Gilbert conversation. Gilbert isn’t a good owner for getting lucky lebron was born 40 minutes down the road. 

7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Pretty much. But at least Dolan knows how to hire a front office and keep them. That’s literally the only thing he has over the other 2 buffoons. 

Yep. And if the Dolans actually had spendable billions like the other two we’d probably have won by now. 

36 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Dolan is winning a hell of a lot more than Gilbert. Lebron won everything in spite of him. Look at the non lebron teams vs the Indians. That’s the real Dolan vs Gilbert conversation. Gilbert isn’t a good owner for getting lucky lebron was born 40 minutes down the road. 

Eh, all other years without LBJ have been complete rebuild jobs as he went all in with LeBron, as he should have.

Dude didn’t spared no expense and was a part of bringing us a championship.  Until that can be said about another Cleveland owner, this is a one horse race.

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, all other years without LBJ have been complete rebuild jobs as he went all in with LeBron, as he should have.

Dude didn’t spared no expense and was a part of bringing us a championship.  Until that can be said about another Cleveland owner, this is a one horse race.

The thing is it didn’t have to be a rebuild job. The first one didn’t need to last as long as it did and the second one was a complete miss. Should have never let griff walk and shouldn’t have hired his boy toy who’s been way over his head. 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Que?  

Wtf were we left with either time?  It was a bunch of role players and Love.

And the GM didn’t do anything to fix that. Koby screwed the kyrie trade. Let wade go for nothing. Griff showed in New Orleans he could get talent for a star. Koby botched it hard.  

Honestly we will probably do better this year than last.  Just because we don't have the big established names doesn't mean the guys can't play.   Puig while yes he was nice to have his constant missing the cutoff man was irritating.  Not to mention his stat line was not that great when we got him.

2nd base we switched out Kipnis for Hernandez.   Hernandez wont hit the home run but he will get on base, creating extra pressure on defense and creating RBI opportunities for the rest of the lineup and hes decent on defense.

Kluber while yes was a good pitcher he has been declining.  He wasn't great in the playoffs after the 16 season and seems to have been struggling to find consistency on the mound last couple seasons. Also for a reminder he was getting injections on his knee over all star weekend the one year.  We have to face it but guys get old and we have to trade them in sometimes rather than overpay.

We also have alot of outfielders on the 40 man roster already too.  If Reyes can play an ok RF we will be fine without Puig and If not hopefully we see Daniel Johnson who was in the futures game and has a bright future.    

Just because you don't recognize the name now doesn't mean we can't in the future have faith guys!

Also I'm not happy about the shrinking payroll but I also don't want to get hung with terrible contracts.