If the Raiders signed Brady, would you pursue Carr?

malagabears

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It will not.

What’s your preferred option of those available to us at QB this offseason then, Windy? Talking QBs only, without regard for who you think should be picking them. You gotta have a guy in mind by now. 

I’m personally done with lamenting the Watson/Mahomes thing because it’s a done deal we can’t change and it was a choice made 3 years ago, so for me in 2020 it’s Mitch figuring it out or a full reboot after this year. I don’t want a cast off because they’re all significantly flawed and I don’t want a 1-year patch guy. Brady and Brees aren’t coming here, and I’m not a believer in what’s left of Rivers. Bridgewater will get a guaranteed starter spot somewhere and that’s not gonna he here so long as Mitch is still on the roster, and the rest are just guys or worse. Honestly I’m somewhat reluctant to go higher on the backup QB totem poll than Daniel because if Mitch were to fail again in 2020 I want us to bottom out as much as possible. Sink or swim time, kid. 

If it’s the 2021 full reboot after this year I want it without Pace being allowed to pick the next guy too, but that’s another discussion entirely. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

What’s your preferred option of those available to us at QB this offseason then, Windy? Talking QBs only, without regard for who you think should be picking them. You gotta have a guy in mind by now. 

I’m personally done with lamenting the Watson/Mahomes thing because it’s a done deal we can’t change and it was a choice made 3 years ago, so for me in 2020 it’s Mitch figuring it out or a full reboot after this year. I don’t want a cast off because they’re all significantly flawed and I don’t want a 1-year patch guy. Brady and Brees aren’t coming here, and I’m not a believer in what’s left of Rivers. Bridgewater will get a guaranteed starter spot somewhere and that’s not gonna he here so long as Mitch is still on the roster, and the rest are just guys or worse. Honestly I’m somewhat reluctant to go higher on the backup QB totem poll than Daniel because if Mitch were to fail again in 2020 I want us to bottom out as much as possible. Sink or swim time, kid. 

If it’s the 2021 full reboot after this year I want it without Pace being allowed to pick the next guy too, but that’s another discussion entirely. 

If it was me. I would sign Bridgewater and hope that he could be my version of Alex Smith. I do not need to see more from Mitch. His ceiling we have seen is average and his floor is hot garbage.

I can still reboot in 2021 if Birdgewater is the QB, in fact I will not have to rush a rookie on the field.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

If it was me. I would sign Bridgewater and hope that he could be my version of Alex Smith. I do not need to see more from Mitch. His ceiling we have seen is average and his floor is hot garbage.

I can still reboot in 2021 if Birdgewater is the QB, in fact I will not have to rush a rookie on the field.

Why Bridgewater over Mitch though? Do you recall when Teddy was the Vikings starting QB his first couple years before getting hurt?

Go look at his stats and play from that time and try and tell me with a straight face that he was better than Mitch.

He looks a lot better now after spending some time with Payton in NO but let's not forget that similar to Mitch, he struggled early on in his career. 

I hate that people are so quick to give up on  Mitch but are willing to pay guys like Bridgewater $25-30M per year just like that. 

That's bad business.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Why Bridgewater over Mitch though? Do you recall when Teddy was the Vikings starting QB his first couple years before getting hurt?

Go look at his stats and play from that time and try and tell me with a straight face that he was better than Mitch.

He looks a lot better now after spending some time with Payton in NO but let's not forget that similar to Mitch, he struggled early on in his career. 

I hate that people are so quick to give up on  Mitch but are willing to pay guys like Bridgewater $25-30M per year just like that. 

That's bad business.

Apparently, any average to below-average QB is good enough to put this team over the top, somehow.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, topwop1 said:

That's bad business.

Because Teddy is a far more accurate passer and he reads defenses better.

I am not paying Minnesota Teddy, I am paying New Orleans Teddy. I wish all my future QBs could spend some time with Drew Brees and Sean Payton.

11 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Apparently, any average to below-average QB is good enough to put this team over the top, somehow.

I don't understand it.  Unless Tom Brady or Drew Brees want to come to Chicago and be our starting QB then I don't see any other option than to not give Mitch this next season to show us if he can improve and possibly be our long term QB going forward.

I like Bridgewater but he is nothing that Mitch cannot be with a little more seasoning.  We gotta aim for higher if we are going to replace Mitch and pay starting QB salary kind of money.

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 3

Just now, topwop1 said:

I don't understand it.  Unless Tom Brady wants to come to Chicago and be our starting QB then I don't see any other option than to not give Mitch this next season to show us if he can improve and possibly be our long term QB going forward.

I like Bridgewater but he is nothing that Mitch cannot be with a little more seasoning.  We gotta aim for higher if we are going to replace Mitch and pay starting QB salary kind of money.

I think many people would disagree with you.

Keep waiting for Mitch to figure out how to read a defense, we will see you in 2021.

Enjoy a 2020 filled with all curls.

Just now, WindyCity said:

I think many people would disagree with you.

Keep waiting for Mitch to figure out how to read a defense, we will see you in 2021.

Enjoy a 2020 filled with all curls.

That's fine, I don't expect everyone to agree with me on this.

I just cannot agree that Bridgewater is $15-20M better of an option for next season than Mitch is.

Again, as I mentioned earlier, Teddy struggled early on in his career and with a little time and patience he has become an average QB, so why can't we give Mitch the same opportunity to prove himself?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

That's fine, I don't expect everyone to agree with me on this.

I just cannot agree that Bridgewater is $15-20M better of an option for next season than Mitch is.

Again, as I mentioned earlier, Teddy struggled early on in his career and with a little time and patience he has become an average QB, so why can't we give Mitch the same opportunity to prove himself?

It's been 41 games.

Teddy started 28 in Minnesota before destroying his knee. Maybe Teddy's skill set is just a better fit for the offense?

Why can't the Bears wait? Because he was the biggest reason that a playoff expectation season [2019] went into the toilet. Because after 29 starts with Nagy he looks like a lost rookie in the basics of running the offense. Because he went from being average, which isn't good enough, to literally being one of the worst QBs in the league last season.

Keep waiting for consistently average. I would rather pay for average and start looking for better in the draft.