2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

3 minutes ago, taylor made said:

So is Wes Martin penciled in at LG? He played that spot in college. I have no problem with letting Flowers go and getting a comp pick for him. That's a good move.

Almost what I was thinking, and its a solid move. I like Martin and think he could do well. 

Signing Jon Bostic is solid. He could be a solid Sam backer. 

• Like 2

Classic Redskins. 

Jon Bostic — a nearly 29-year-old LB who is on his 6th team, coming off a decent year, switching to a new defense, and having averaged $856k salary per season over his 7 NFL seasons — gets a multi-year deal for over $3M AAV. On day one of free agency. 

What the hell is the rush? Why would you feel a need to give Jon Bostic a contract like that, which no one else would ever have given him, at the absolute first moment of the offseason? Let him test the market, find out no one really wants him (as no one has ever really wanted him), and you could probably get him for half that price. Or less! 

I’m fine with re-signing Bostic. I had him coming back and starting at SLB in my ideal offseason. But why make him a priority? If he leaves, he leaves. Get another of the three dozen similar veteran LBs who will be available months from now (as he himself was last year, in late May). I just don’t understand anything about how they do business. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Almost what I was thinking, and its a solid move. I like Martin and think he could do well. 

Signing Jon Bostic is solid. He could be a solid Sam backer. 

Agreed, MLB or SAM. You think Bostic could play SAM & Holcomb in the middle? SDH could be a candidate for WLB.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I dunno man, that account seems to be throwing a lot of crap and seeing what sticks. 

I think they all do, but it makes sense. They traded Okung for Trai Turner a few weeks ago which seemed like a move to open up a spot for Trent.