2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

Anyone else down to give Andrus Peat a shot at being our LT? Haven't heard his name brought up much this offseason.

It seems like all the remaining LT options (Peters, Glenn, etc.) come with injury red flags anyway, so we might as well target someone way younger with higher upside

4 hours ago, Canuck said:

Anyone else down to give Andrus Peat a shot at being our LT? Haven't heard his name brought up much this offseason.

It seems like all the remaining LT options (Peters, Glenn, etc.) come with injury red flags anyway, so we might as well target someone way younger with higher upside

Isn’t it a red flag to have to move a player who couldn’t make it as a LT as a young player who’s played guard back to LT?

Seems that would be more of a red flag then the other options which are LTs.

9 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I think another reason we didn’t sign anyone today is bc they want to get a trade for Trent done. I see us signing a vet LT the day he’s traded. I really think Daryl Williams is going to be our LT next year. Makes too much sense. 

hes coming off a down year after getting hurt last season, he’s versatile and can play all positions but center which Rivera has stressed versatility, he’s not old like the other vet LTs, and he should come at a reasonable price. 

i think something happens with Trent tomorrow tbh, whether it’s to the chargers who have the cap for an extension and may want to entice Brady to come, or the Texans who were said to have interest and they now have a 2nd round pick after that horrible trade of Hopkins.

i see us getting a vet #2 QB, a vet TE, Daryl Williams at LT, a cheaper corner, and safety.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2965d8fa7d8c76d39242

8 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

4 years 40 mil for Kendall. Going into FA I think that was a bit more than I wanted to spend but seeing what some of these corners are getting it’s the right decision

I love it! He’s a versatile corner/DB, he’s played some FS too. I’m very excited to see this group of young corners together like they should’ve been since 2018.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I love it! He’s a versatile corner/DB, he’s played some FS too. I’m very excited to see this group of young corners together like they should’ve been since 2018.

He was burned often but maybe we will have a very good pass rush with Young.

8 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Guys that I’m interested to see where they sign. All would be affordable and value pickups for us

1A. TE Nick Vannett- good two way player from solid organization. 

1B TE Eifert- injury history very concerning but two way guy who also fits system 

2. FB Andy Janovich- we need a fullback that blocks 

3A. LT Derek Williams- we don’t have a LT or. A good RT either lol

3B. T. Newhouse from the Pats. Old but could give us two years 

4. QB A blast from the past- Nate Sudfield we need a backup who with a similar style to fit in our system. 

5. OL. Old man Thomas Davis- experienced professional as a stop gap transition player. Coach on the field with new defense 

1. Yes! We need more Buckeyes!

2. Sure, whoever that is, but I agree we need a FB.

3. We do have a LT still, we haven’t traded Trent. I have no clue who Derek Williams is, are you sure you don’t mean Darryl Williams from Carolina? I’m cool with that once/if we trade Trent but people need to understand if we don’t trade Trent, we won’t be signing anyone at this time.

4. Nate Sudfeld never played for Ron Rivera or Scott Turner. I have no problem with him being our back up, but he doesn’t know the current offensive system, he knew Gruden’s, NOT Turner’s.

5. I could live with Thomas Davis as a vet mentor/leader for our young LBs at one of the LB spots for a year.

8 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

BTW - I'll pump the brakes a bit on my criticism of the F.O. 

It appears we offered Cooper more $$ to come here but he accepted less to stay put. Looks like our F.O. is trying but we're too screwed up to sign much of anyone.

See. Players don’t want to come here just yet bc we haven’t established a winning culture. We need to do that mostly organically w/in with our young developed talent. When we do that then, we can add a few free agents in an off-season to go with our young guys that would get us over the hump and into the playoffs.

36 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

He was burned often but maybe we will have a very good pass rush with Young.

Every corner gets burned at times even elite ones. All I know is he was awesome the second half of the year and was one of the reasons the Chiefs got to and won the super bowl. His interception & his pass break up/near int earlier in the game we’re huge plays in the Chiefs victory.

I swear some people’s posts make me think they just hate the Redskins bc no matter what move they make, they’re negative.

It gets old!

Edited by turtle28