2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

I honestly have no issues so far with the Bostic, Schweitzer and KPL signings. At the very least, they're reliable depth guys.

Really happy with Fuller.

I'm bummed we missed out on Littleton, but I'm hoping we can still land Trey Boston, an LT (Glenn/Peters/Peat?) and a WR (Funchess/Sanders/Robby)

Pierre-Louis is a solid player. Nothing wrong with him, not a bad guy to get thrown into the mix to compete for a starting role in a LB corps that as of now has no spots locked down. 

It’s more money spent on a placeholder instead of a long term core piece — which feels a lot like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic — but it’s not a bad player or a bad price. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Bulaga to Chargers. Not sure if that strikes them off the list. 

Bulaga is exclusively a RT from what I understand. They could still be in on the Trent "sweepstakes"

Edited by Canuck
  • Like 1

Not necessarily a FA thing, but with Randall Cobb going to Houston, I think they’ll probably be looking at moving Keke Coutee. Who I’m a big fan of. 

I don’t know that I’d give up a lot to get him, as we already have S. Sims and Quinn who can play the slot for basically no money — but Coutee is a good player who Houston refuses to pass the torch to. 

51 minutes ago, Canuck said:

I honestly have no issues so far with the Bostic, Schweitzer and KPL signings. At the very least, they're reliable depth guys.

Really happy with Fuller.

I'm bummed we missed out on Littleton, but I'm hoping we can still land Trey Boston, an LT (Glenn/Peters/Peat?) and a WR (Funchess/Sanders/Robby)

I like what we’ve done so far. I’m a sure we’ll sign a few other guys. I didn’t think we were a few players away from being contenders, so why spend like you are?

We need to build a culture & build through the draft with these young players. If we have the young guys grow into a winning team then we’ll have a winning culture developed for the long term.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Not necessarily a FA thing, but with Randall Cobb going to Houston, I think they’ll probably be looking at moving Keke Coutee. Who I’m a big fan of. 

I don’t know that I’d give up a lot to get him, as we already have S. Sims and Quinn who can play the slot for basically no money — but Coutee is a good player who Houston refuses to pass the torch to. 

I’m Not interested in trading picks for players. We don’t need to go back to Vinny era where mid and late round draft picks don’t mean anything.

Edited by turtle28

52 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Wondering if they’re going to wait to get a Trent deal done before they sign a replacement OT. Seems like a dangerous game, these guys aren’t going to wait around on the market forever. 

Of course they are. They’re not going to sign a new starting LT when they still have Trent in house.