2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

18 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

While I also like what Moreau did towards the end of the season he actually hasn’t had that great of a time staying on the field too much it seems. 

as far as stroman goes I just don’t see that he’s done much, Josh Holsey 2.0 in my mind but I hope he proves me wrong. 

has anyone heard anything on Adonis Alexander? Seems like a wasted pick in the compensatory draft. I always thought with his size that we should try him at FS. As it stands right now I don’t see how he makes the team, especially if we sign another corner

Alexander is on the Rams practice squad

38 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

While I also like what Moreau did towards the end of the season he actually hasn’t had that great of a time staying on the field too much it seems. 

as far as stroman goes I just don’t see that he’s done much, Josh Holsey 2.0 in my mind but I hope he proves me wrong. 

has anyone heard anything on Adonis Alexander? Seems like a wasted pick in the compensatory draft. I always thought with his size that we should try him at FS. As it stands right now I don’t see how he makes the team, especially if we sign another corner

Stroman played a lot as a rookie and started to play well towards the end of 2018. Last year he got hurt.

It's true Moreau has battled some injuries. Let's hope this is the year he puts it all together.

49 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

We signed JD Mckissic for 2 years. Looks like a KR PR move for special teams. Looks like we may keep 4 RBs

I like it, although I'll be shocked if Steven Sims doesn't remain our return man.

Mckinssic seems like a Chris Thompson replacement to me.

5’10, 195. He had 34 recs for 233 yds & a TD last year.

32 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I like it, although I'll be shocked if Steven Sims doesn't remain our return man.

Mckinssic seems like a Chris Thompson replacement to me.

5’10, 195. He had 34 recs for 233 yds & a TD last year.

I’m thinking Bryce Love insurance. Don’t understand two years though, must not be guaranteed the 2nd year.

or either he stays when APs contract is up

9 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I’m thinking Bryce Love insurance. Don’t understand two years though, must not be guaranteed the 2nd year.

He was signed bc he's a pass catcher out of the backfield & a promising one.

There is a question as to what kind of receiver Bryce Love will be out of the backfield bc he didn't have to do that much at Stanford.

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

Probably to get the AAV down. And also probably to ensure that we have someone in that role for the next two years. If we sign him for one year and he leaves us...and Love doesn't show he can play this year...then we're at the same point in 2021 needing a pass catching RB. 

I mean I don't love this signing. It's kinda meh. But I get kinda why it was 2 years and why we can't just rely on Love.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Our OL is not that bad. I see Wes Martin & Ereck Flowers as pretty much equal. If & when we lose Trent then, yes, we’ll have to replace him. 

Of course, Haskins isn't Aaron Rodgers. 

Why is that a thing? What are we even discussing here?

We will find out what these young guys have this year. It's Rivera’s first year, it's an evaluation year. I like that approach. I never had the 2020 Redskins pegged as a playoff team in 2020. Hopefully, the young guys show enough where they can develop and we can be a playoff team in 2021. We won't know that until we play the games though.

The OLine was ranked where last year? In the 20's somewhere. The reasons why the Offense couldn't complete 3 downs or where stuck in difficult positions had to do with the bad play of the Oline. You say the OLIne isn't bad, I disagree. They need to add solid quality starters like the Cowboys and other teams do to protect their QB. 

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think the ”need” of an entire upgrade at OL has been something this fanbase has greatly over exaggerated especially since we haven't moved Trent yet.

I think you have to give the young guys a chance to develop and grow together. I'm glad it seems so far that they are getting that chance.

If Haskins can't handle criticism when the team losses - which he proved last year he could - then, he isn't the guy we need lading this franchise in the future anyway. I could care less about someones feelings.

You not caring about the QB's feelings when it comes to protecting him in the pocket is a problem. You not building a Strong OLine is just as (if not more) important than building a Strong Dline. All QB's need a good to great OLine and shouldn't have take all the blame when the Oline is a major problem.

Several teams have shot their wads already, but there is increasing value/cost still on the board. I think we will also see some good starters get cut for contract reasons. Guys who would be interesting to see us consider in order if need:

QB- none. Our backup has to come via trade or someone getting released. The rest are scrubs. I’d prefer Cam for three  reasons- he helps our team the most because he knows the offense ( especially now with OTA’s being disrupted) , is a winner, and if we sign him to a three year deal we can look at him as an investment and consider trading him in 2021 assuming Haskins is the real deal. 

OL ( of course deal Trent) we are desperate so need to act like it. Sign both Jason Peters for 2 years or Daryl Williams Sure it’s a gamble but as I said- we’re desperate. Peters is still very good when healthy. Daryl Williams is coming off injury but still young and is a RT.  We need to draft linemen. Resign Penn and let him compete at LG or RT. He’s a much better run blocker than Moses( worst run blocking starting RT in league who I think we should trade or release and save the money he’s been stealing) and the loser is the reserve swing tackle this year. We have some youth ( Christian, Wes, Ross) but they either are terrible or our OL coach never have them a chance. Let’s see how a new coach handles this. it’s a patchwork gamble, but what other options do we have to get through the year? 

TE Delanie Walker and Nick Vannett: that’s right, I’d sign both if the price is right. Walker is a very good dual threat and may have 2-3 more years in the tank. I don’t like his height, but somehow he makes up for it by being such a tenacious blocker, excellent route runner and still has speed. Vannett is young and undervalued and has very good dual threat potential. The only TE I’d keep in Sprinkle. 

FB- we need one. Can I dream of Sherman? He’d be nuts to leave KC. 

WR Robby Anderson- he will cost a lot, but he brings something we need-size/speed and has played for terrible offense and is undervalued. Is he a number 1? I don’t know. But he would pair well with Scary Terry 

MLB- Josh Bynes. Affordable value pickup who’s experienced and productive. Can cover too. Nobody talks about him because he’s not flashy, but he’s been productive 

Other intriguing guys- I’ve always like Mike Daniels. Perfect for our new 4/3. We don’t need a DT, but I still like him and he gives us some depth and also trade options to send Payne or The Greek if we get an outlandish offer as I like both guys. Allen is untouchable. We need 4 DT’s. Allen and the Greek could also play some snaps at strong side DE if we want to trade Kerrigan. Draft Young and hopefully Sweat develops to start at DE’s