Week 3: Buccaneers (1-0) at VIKINGS (1-1)

swede700

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Bucs offense scares me. I think they are a better offensive unit than New Orleans. If MNs offense can't get the run game going and pints too frequently, I think the defense will have some struggles. I'm worried about Trae Waynes in this game, he's been beat deep or gives up long PI too often and Tampa has some good WRs who can get downfield.

huge test for the defense. the offense has to be able to sustain drives to keep Winston off the field. 

If Bradford plays, I think it will be a competitive game. If he doesn't play, I think we see another 27-10 type defeat.

Worse QB, who makes many boneheaded throws. Brees, at his age, is still light years ahead of Winston.

Worse RB corps. Give me Ingram, Kamara, Peterson over Quizz and Simms any day.

WR/TE situation probably does favor the Bucs, but I'll give Thomas and Evans close to a wash, Rhodes should be fine with locking down Evans for the most part, Jackson is better than Ginn but still isn't the threat he was, and Brate/Howard should be much stronger than Hill and Fleener.

OLs are both bad and really isn't much better than one or the other.

I'd say their offenses aren't really any better than one or the other. They played the Bears last week, not like it was a huge accomplishment what they did on offense.

Tampa Bay's offense doesn't really scare me and I'm not sure that they are better than New Orleans.  They were pretty average on offense last year, and they aren't all that markedly improved from then, despite adding DeSean Jackson  Their defense is still significantly better than their offense.  I'd be much more concerned about the Vikings' offense vs. the Bucs' defense than the reverse.  I think the Vikings' defense can handle Jameis, Evans and Co.  

1 hour ago, HEYPAUL! said:

Not worried about their Offense at all. We kind of have this "Shut your one stud receiver" thing down pretty well. We just need to produce some points on offense and limit the penalties.

Couldn't stop Pitt last week. Which goes back to my original point in that if Bradford doesn't play and the offense can't sustain drives, I don't have confidence in the defense keeping it close enough for Keenum. Maybe home field advantage will help. 

Trae Waynes vs DeSean Jackson is such a bad matchup for us. I'm looking forward to Rhodes vs Evans.

26 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Couldn't stop Pitt last week. Which goes back to my original point in that if Bradford doesn't play and the offense can't sustain drives, I don't have confidence in the defense keeping it close enough for Keenum. Maybe home field advantage will help. 

Trae Waynes vs DeSean Jackson is such a bad matchup for us. I'm looking forward to Rhodes vs Evans.

I'm not worried about the defense. We Limit penalties in those key moments and finish in the red zone than it is a different game against Pitt IMO. Clean up the penalties and produce some points on offense should do the trick. Our Defense holds up well for the most part. Rhode vs Evans should be a good one. I see Linval punishing the interior line this game.

40 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Couldn't stop Pitt last week.

335 yards of total offense isn't bad.
243 passing yards isn't bad.
87 rushing yards to Bell isn't bad.
5 catches or 62 yards to Brown isn't bad.

I guess I fail to see where we couldn't stop Pittsburgh. Couldn't stop dumb penalties maybe, which I don't expect to continue. But the major threats for Pittsburgh did not do much damage.

9 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

With Bradford healthy I think we'd win this game easily. Unfortunately we got Keenum 

If Sam Bradford remains fine, but not the kind of fine that can actually play in football games, the Vikings may still be fine. In part, because backup quarterback Case Keenumkind of owns the Buccaneers. Via Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times, Keenum could become the first quarterback to beat Jameis Winston three times (division rivals Cam Newton and Drew Brees are stuck at two each).

Keenum’s beaten them twice with the Rams, and has played well in those two games. In 2015, he posted a 158.0 passer rating, completing 14-of-17 passes for 234 yards and two touchdowns. Last year, he only completed 14-of-26 for 190 yards with two touchdowns and an interception. It should be noted that he did these things as a Ram.

In those two wins, he has shown the ability to go long, with three touchdown passes of 43 yards or longer.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/20/the-bucs-have-a-strange-weakness-case-keenum/

If Keenum has to play, at home should be a more ideal situation. The Bucs defense is good, the Bucs offense has some explosive playmakers. Minnesota hasn't been discipline with vertical perimeter plays, mostly Waynes committing penalties or getting burned.

The defense needs to play smarter and Waynes may soon need to see the bench (especially if Alexander is playing well).

Archived