NFL Combine

Doc Draper

NFL Combine Feb 24-March 1

http://www.nfl.com/combine/participants

My name is Doc and I'm addicted to the NFL Combine. I don't want to be interested in it, I know its the source of more bad decisions being made than good ones on evaluating prospects, its so boring and the commentary is the best non-prescription sedative, but I am hooked. I've got a monkey on my back

aerosmith-monkey-on-my-back-geffen-2.jpg

So I will record every hour of the Combine. Who are you most interested in seeing?

• Like 1

Ben Barth OT/G ST. JOHNS

Ben Brederson G/Mich

Quintez Cephus WR/Wisconsin 

Saahdiq Charles OT/LSU

Chase Claypool WR/ND

Llyod Cushenberry OL/LSU

Akeem Davis-Gaithersburg LB/App St

Kyle Dugger S/Lenoir-Rhyne

Antonio Gandy-Golden WR/Liberty

KJ Hamler WR/Penn St

Malik Harrison LB/Ohio St

KJ Hill WR/Ohio St

Brycen Hopkins TE/Purdue

Robert Hunt OT/Louis Laf

Collin Johnson WR/Texas

Solomon Kindley G/Georgia 

Troy Pride CB/ND

Shaquille Quarterman LB/Miami

JR Reed S/Georgia 

John Runyan G/Mich

Jason Strowbridge DE-LB/NORTH CAR

Adam Trautman TE/Dayton

Isaiah Wilson OT/Georgia 

• Like 5

@Thaiphoon @naptownskinsfan

not sure the terminology you guys use- something about “pinning” this so we can use this for combine discussions?

Brothers the last time I “pinned” someone I was in college, drunk off my ample a$$ and woke up next to a 300 pounder who I swear to this day had a fuller beard than I have ever sported.  but that’s for another forum :)

• Like 1

As a Georgia fan, I do like JR Reed but I am not sure he is the free safety that we need.  I also love all of out offensive linemen, and fresh out of Pittman's coaching means they are as ready to play in the NFL as anyone.  

I'm also a huge believer in Claypool- and we need a target with size- but Cephus may be another good target for us.  I expect the combine to boost his stock though beyond what may be reasonable for us to acquire. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

@Thaiphoon @naptownskinsfan

not sure the terminology you guys use- something about “pinning” this so we can use this for combine discussions?

Brothers the last time I “pinned” someone I was in college, drunk off my ample a$$ and woke up next to a 300 pounder who I swear to this day had a fuller beard than I have ever sported.  but that’s for another forum :)

Done

• Like 1

I’m very interested to see how Michael Pittman runs. Fast enough to take him clearly out of our range? Slow enough to make him an unappealing target? Just right, to the point that we’re able to draft him to be our big body WR2? His speed will be a big decider for his value, moreso than most other players. 

Would love to see if some of these TEs can separate themselves based on physical tools. Brycen Hopkins seems like a probable candidate for this, but perhaps Hunter or Harrison Bryant or Cole Kmet might make a splash and put themselves in position to be a prime early 3rd rounder. 

16 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Cephus impressed me against Ohio St. His 40 time will be huge for him. 

Check out this catch! 😎

Yeah, he is a dominant/physical wide receiver. I think he’s a possession WR type, similar to Harmon. I agree that his 40 time will be huge for him, but if he runs a 40 time similar to what Harmon did at the 2019 combine (4.6) that could be good for us where we could get him in the 5th round.

Edited by turtle28