Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
VikeManDan

Discuss Diggs’ “Drama”

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Potential rumour from general board, is Seattle and Vikings talking ... so for giggles I looked over the SEA roster. 

How are Duane Brown and Jared Reed, as potential targets.

Edited by CriminalMind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JDBrocks said:

yikes.

Oh well. Good receiver but not irreplaceable. We should definitely get something back better than the 5th rounder we spent to get him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Potential rumour from general board, is Seattle and Vikings talking ... so for giggles I looked over the SEA roster. 

How are Duane Brown and Ed Reed, as potential targets.

I'd rather have draft capital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it's a good time to need to draft a receiver... If it happens, that sucks. Theilen should be the one that they trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Potential rumour from general board, is Seattle and Vikings talking ... so for giggles I looked over the SEA roster. 

How are Duane Brown and Ed Reed, as potential targets.

Ed Reed? Isn’t Brown old?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JDBrocks said:

I guess it's a good time to need to draft a receiver... If it happens, that sucks. Theilen should be the one that they trade.

I’d rather have Diggs over Thielen long term but I’d rather find a way to keep both. But I definitely don’t want to have to coddle Diggs either, I don’t think Zimmer is the coddling type anyway. If I could get a first round pick for him and make the cap situation work, it’s tempting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how the team can reconcile both extending Cousins and trading Diggs.... Guess we'll see what happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I’d rather have Diggs over Thielen long term but I’d rather find a way to keep both. But I definitely don’t want to have to coddle Diggs either, I don’t think Zimmer is the coddling type anyway. If I could get a first round pick for him and make the cap situation work, it’s tempting.

Damn right, if you look what Arizona got for Hopkins, that is a crap ton.  Then again Diggs is not as good as Hopkins, not even close.  If the Vikings could get a solid player and or solid draft pick getting rid of Diggs and filling his place with potentially a great receiver in the 1st or 2nd would be very interesting.

 

Could potentially get any of these guys, and would most likely be keeping them away from Green Bay getting them in either the late 1st or late 2nd round.  And if they get rid of Diggs with all the draft picks they have they could easily draft two receivers in the early part of the draft and middle part of the draft and still have room to make other deals.  

 

Justin Jefferson LSU JR WR
Denzel Mims Baylor SR WR
Tee Higgins Clemson JR WR
Lynn Bowden Jr Kentucky JR WR
Laviska Shenault Jr. Colorado JR WR
Jalen Reagor TCU JR WR
KJ Hamler Penn State RS SOPH WR
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Then again Diggs is not as good as Hopkins, not even close. 
 

 

* In your opinion.

In mine (and many others) he is a peer. He's certainly a better route runner. It's not his fault that his QB left hundreds of yards and multiple touchdowns on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JDBrocks said:

* In your opinion.

In mine (and many others) he is a peer. He's certainly a better route runner. It's not his fault that his QB left hundreds of yards and multiple touchdowns on the field.

Hopkins hands are an absolute 10, Diggs are absolutely not.  Both are similar route runners but give me Hopkins all day over Diggs, Diggs does have a slight gear over Hopkins.

And in terms of flat character as a person, Hopkins has way more and is not so self absorbed as Diggs clearly is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we could get a top 15 pick for Diggs id do it. Ruggs, Lamb or Jeudy would all be cheaper/nice options if available. 

Because if we trade Diggs that immediately becomes one of this teams biggest needs. Its already a need with Diggs on the team IMO. 

People go back to the argument that we play alot of 2 TE sets. Ok, but Rudy is getting old & Kubiak isnt gonna be around forever. This offense will likely be one that will feature 3 WRs & Irv in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Don't use the Hopkins trade compensation as a fair barometer for any Diggs trade compensation.
Rick doesn't give away players like the Texans do.

The need on this Cousins-led team is OL and DL.

Edited by CriminalMind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eric dunn said:

If we could get a top 15 pick for Diggs id do it. Ruggs, Lamb or Jeudy would all be cheaper/nice options if available. 

Because if we trade Diggs that immediately becomes one of this teams biggest needs. Its already a need with Diggs on the team IMO. 

People go back to the argument that we play alot of 2 TE sets. Ok, but Rudy is getting old & Kubiak isnt gonna be around forever. This offense will likely be one that will feature 3 WRs & Irv in the future. 

Bisi Johnson showed he isn’t much of a threat as the #2.  Im not even confident Thielen will be as productive without Diggs and the attention he draws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×