Week 3 - Philadelphia Air Force (1-1) v New York Herpyderps (0-2)

Blahstoise

This game was so absurdly fun.

If we're going to win it all, I think we're going to need a new coach down the road. 

I'd watch out for Bill O'Brien, Marvin Lewis, and Sean Payton as potential splash hires for Lurie to make a year or two down the road.

2 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

If we're going to win it all, I think we're going to need a new coach down the road. 

I'd watch out for Bill O'Brien, Marvin Lewis, and Sean Payton as potential splash hires for Lurie to make a year or two down the road.

Not sure I want a retread.

Bring on the Cooter.

I'm pretty positive that was apart of Schwartz' gameplan. If Eli was gonna hurt us, it was because we were going to be soft on the intermediate. Get them one dimensional then protect the outside, play a soft cover with the LBs and limit big plays. Can't say it didn't work. How he disguised Maragos and we didn't get completely torched is amazing to me. 

The quick passes definitely helped neutralize our front 7. They simply didn't have time to get to Eli. And that puts the onus on our defensive backs, who were already decimated with injuries. You never want to see Chris Maragos actually playing defense, in most cases.

But what also helped was the up-tempo they were running. Our defense was getting thinner due to injuries and we also weren't able to make effective substitutions. They were getting gassed for sure as the game went along. I would expect more teams to use the Giants game-plan the rest of the way. Most teams just can't go toe to toe with a healthy front 7. 

Losing Cox was huge. We're already down Darby, although Rasul has been good. Losing Hicks was huge too, as was losing every other safety on the roster besides Jenkins and Maragos. You kind of expect the defense to start cracking at that point.

4 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

The day Marvin Lewis is hired as the Eagles HC is the day I renounce my fandom. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

The day Marvin Lewis is hired as the Eagles HC is the day I renounce my fandom. 

I wouldn't like Marvin Lewis either as the HC here but I could see Lurie wanting to bring in someone more established. 

I could definitely see O'Brien getting hired if he gets fired by the Texans. If I remember correctly, we interviewed O'Brien right before we hired Chip?

1 minute ago, RollEagles said:

I wouldn't like Marvin Lewis either as the HC here but I could see Lurie wanting to bring in someone more established. 

I could definitely see O'Brien getting hired if he gets fired by the Texans. If I remember correctly, we interviewed O'Brien right before we hired Chip?

I'd wonder if Howie would be apart of the process. 

Lurie would salivate over Payton I'd assume. 

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yeah he did, it was probably 10 or so times. Maybe that's splitting hairs, but their line looked so bad bad against the Lions that I was hoping Eli would never have more than 2.5 seconds or would be getting hit as he got passes off. Just felt the pressure really fell off as the game wore on, and in those last few drives is when Giants got a little braver and had WRs run longer developing routes and we weren't able to make them pay with pressure. B-Rex, Curry, Barnett, all guys who you'd expect to have a presence in a game against a bad OL, especially Curry and Barnett going up against Flowers, but that didn't happen.

^This is all in regards to pass rush. As far as run D goes, our guys dominated their line.

You have to give credit where its due. Mcadoo actually had a great scheme today. They saw the weakness in our team and abused our corners who were playing off the line all game. They ran a ton of slants and clearing routes with short routes in the middle of the field and it worked. Eli was dropping back and throwing the football really fast. I agree that our pass rush was subpar later in the game, but they were on the field for so long. They really didn't have many chances to connect today. Losing Cox also kills our pass rush as he eats a lot of double teams which opens up Graham and the others.

That said, Timmy played great today, and Curry drew the massive holding penalty at the end of the game which allowed us to even get the ball back for Wentz.

I thought this was without a doubt Wentz's worst game of the year. He didn't have the volume but missing on Alshon when he is completely open down the sideline was awful, and his accuracy was not great in general. C's for the Pass Rush and Wentz for me today. B for the DB's for playing as mediocre as they did with all the injuries. D for Doug only because he actually ran the football, but was awful at everything else. A+ for Elliot for being the GOAT.

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I'd wonder if Howie would be apart of the process. 

Lurie would salivate over Payton I'd assume. 

My guess (which really doesn't carry any weight) is that Howie bought himself a lot of time by making the move for Wentz and getting back a great haul for Bradford. It essentially sped up our timeline. I'd imagine that Lurie will give him a lot of input in the next hiring process. 

And I completely agree about Lurie really wanting Payton. If Payton gets fired, I could see Jerry thinking about firing Garrett. And there would be a bidding war.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

just watched the 4th quarter because i missed it live earlier.

Jake Elliot ending that giants season doe. 

First quarter definitely not worth watching. 2nd and 3rd quarters were nice as a set-up for the end.

1 minute ago, RollEagles said:

My guess (which really doesn't carry any weight) is that Howie bought himself a lot of time by making the move for Wentz and getting back a great haul for Bradford. It essentially sped up our timeline. I'd imagine that Lurie will give him a lot of input in the next hiring process. 

And I completely agree. If Payton gets fired, I could see Jerry thinking about firing Garrett. And there would be a bidding war.

I can see Howie retained as long as hiring Doug was really backed by Lurie. If Howie went to bat for Doug and we continue to look Dougish, then I can see Lurie cleaning house. Even though that's not really his MO. I dunno. Lurie seems like a guy that craves stability so he may run this regime right into the ground until it's fire and ash. I really don't think Doug is the answer. 

I didn't think about the Dallas connection. That's prb one bidding war we'd lose for sure. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

I can see Howie retained as long as hiring Doug was really backed by Lurie. If Howie went to bat for Doug and we continue to look Dougish, then I can see Lurie cleaning house. Even though that's not really his MO. I dunno. Lurie seems like a guy that craves stability so he may run this regime right into the ground until it's fire and ash. I really don't think Doug is the answer. 

I didn't think about the Dallas connection. That's prb one bidding war we'd lose for sure. 

We do have a howie replacement in house already with Joe Douglas. So he could get the axe. 

Archived