Week 3 - Philadelphia Air Force (1-1) v New York Herpyderps (0-2)

Blahstoise

I really don't think Lurie's firing anyone unless they lose the locker room. Andy had some awful seasons toward the end but Lurie stuck through until the team gave up and weren't buying Andy's message. Same with Chip. I doubt Chip got fired but for everybody in the building hating his guts. 

There's no way Doug gets fired unless the team turns on him, and, despite the obvious flaws, I think the players are fine with Doug. I mean jeez they're dumping gatorade on him week 1 lol.

Just now, Phire said:

I really don't think Lurie's firing anyone unless they lose the locker room. Andy had some awful seasons toward the end but Lurie stuck through until the team gave up and weren't buying Andy's message. Same with Chip. I doubt Chip got fired but for everybody in the building hating his guts. 

There's no way Doug gets fired unless the team turns on him, and, despite the obvious flaws, I think the players are fine with Doug. I mean jeez they're dumping gatorade on him week 1 lol.

yeah but doug is a complete moron lurie has to see that right?

I think the players like Doug too.

He still needs more time. And this roster isn't done being put together yet. Our OL is overrated for sure and could use some work. 

Maybe over time, Doug's game management will get a little better. He definitely needs to find someone to come in and call plays. Seems like he has too much on his plate at this point in his head coaching career.

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I can see Howie retained as long as hiring Doug was really backed by Lurie. If Howie went to bat for Doug and we continue to look Dougish, then I can see Lurie cleaning house. Even though that's not really his MO. I dunno. Lurie seems like a guy that craves stability so he may run this regime right into the ground until it's fire and ash. I really don't think Doug is the answer. 

I didn't think about the Dallas connection. That's prb one bidding war we'd lose for sure. 

Howie just needs to do what he did this past offseason. Stick to wheeling and dealing and signing contracts, let the real football guys evaluate the talent. He is the best in the business at signing players to team friendly contracts and getting good value from trades, know your strengths and don't let your ego get in the way of your business.

Doug needs to go. If he doesn't go, we need an OC who can manage the game better. There is actually a lot of evidence that as a HC Doug is fine, but his play calling and game management is atrocious and is not getting better. Something will need to change at the end of the year if we want to be more than a playoff contender. 

3 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Maybe over time, Doug's game management will get a little better. He definitely needs to find someone to come in and call plays. Seems like he has too much on his plate at this point in his head coaching career.

He did get called out HARD for not running the ball, then he ran the ball 33 times. Glimmers of hope!

Archived