Sign in to follow this  
Elky

Strangest careers

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Marc Bulger.. Dude was a freaking stud. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/bulger-never-got-the-credit-he-deserved/article_b66d08fa-d003-5c3b-8aa2-c88ad36ce6b7.amp.html

Mike Martz got him killed. 

Every Sunday, I used to watch this guy after games drag his body back to his locker stall. A few years ago, I saw him with his shirt off after one particular game, and I swear there was the most hideous purple and reddish contusion on his back the likes of which I'd never seen in an NFL locker room. Bulger was a poster boy for the darker side of the game, and he accepted this with little or no complaint.

Bulger played constantly with battered ribs and so many back and neck injuries that he often struggled to breathe properly during and after games. He lived in a world one filled with ice packs and pain killers. He lived in a world where the obligation to play was blurred constantly by the inability to know if you are being a brave teammate who is willing to play with a little pain or a damned fool who sacrificed too much by playing injured, but did it anyway for the good of the team, or the fear of losing his job.

Yeah Marc was way better than most remember. I'll never forget that come back game against Seattle in like 04. Dude was just slinging it. Still one of the best rams games I ever watched.

Edit: found it...just go to the two hour mark...5 minutes left down 17....magical.

Edited by Riftty

On 3/19/2020 at 10:41 PM, ET80 said:

I think he's the reason nobody does that anymore. xD

Tebow would probably still be a Patriot if he switched positions.

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Tebow would probably still be a Patriot if he switched positions.

But he was drafted as a QB. Nobody thought Matt Jones was going to play QB, he was drafted as a WR. 

The position switch has worked - Hines Ward and Julian Edelman are probably the gold standard for it, Josh Cribbs was a big name as a KR/PR guy, Antwaan Randel El had a nice stint as a Steeler, Greg Ward is quietly developing as a guy in Philly - but Jones was the highest drafted among those names and completely busted out.