2000s Sci-Fi - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

22 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

So happy Pitch Black is getting the love it deserves.  That movie was THE movie of the 2000s for me.  Chronicles of Narnia killed it and ruined what could have been an awesome series by trying to go way too fantasy type BS when it should have been simple.  I know it won't do well in this, but seeing it get nominated is awesome. 

I didn't even realize they were set in the same universe.

Aslan would have probably helped against those Kabutopses.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

So happy Pitch Black is getting the love it deserves.  That movie was THE movie of the 2000s for me.  Chronicles of Narnia killed it and ruined what could have been an awesome series by trying to go way too fantasy type BS when it should have been simple.  I know it won't do well in this, but seeing it get nominated is awesome. 

(Riddick to Johns right after they try to kill each other)

Remember that moment?....
Should've never taken the chains off.
You were one brave **** before.
You were really bad-***.
The chains.
The gauge.
The badge.  

I told you to ghost me.

19 year old me loved that whole sequence and 39 year old me digs it just as much.  A lot of great dialogue in this movie that you wouldn't expect in a movie like this.

16 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

The Butterfly Effect

The Island

V for Vendetta

I am Legend

Cloverfield 

IMDb says they are sci-fi so idc if anyone disagrees

16 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I love V for Vendetta, but I have a hard time seeing how it's sci-fi.

16 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I saw V for Vendetta listed as Sci Fi on lists before, not sure a buy it, I guess maybe overall is not original enough.  Is just a play off the movie 1984 really, which freaking sucked honestly, neat idea but they did not pull it off well.  At least V for Vendetta was better than that but it is only because of Natalie.  

16 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I typed in 2000's sci-fi movies and it popped up. Checked on imdb and it said sci-fi. That's enough for me

V for Vendetta is one of my favorite movies of all time, but I dont consider it scifi. I'd say action is a better classification 

Official nominations (no particular order)

Wall-E

Serenity

Titan AE (yeah, don't @ me)

Paprika

Sunshine (I almost can't because of the end, but it's still extremely enjoyable for me)

I do wish I had space for evolution, in the rarified, sci fi comedy genre, because it still cracks me up.