Tom Brady 2020: Signing Off?

DoleINGout

Tom Brady 2020  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which team do you think Tom Brady will ultimately sign with?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/18/2020 at 04:00 AM

17 hours ago, mission27 said:

Elky's thread should not have been locked, he is right 100%

Anyone who feels differently is just wrong period 

Belichick GOAT coach, but has made a lot of mistakes as a GM, and how this was handled was totally disgraceful 

It will be many years before I get over this

Wouldn't surprise me if we see a lot of free agents spurn us over this. Very bad look on Belichick.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Who is in charge of managing that

cap space has never been plentiful during this era. BB still is able to make shrewd moves than enhance the team overall and you know, win a whole lot. He has made the moves necessary to be competitive for two decades, which is unprecedented. 

8 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

cap space has never been plentiful during this era. BB still is able to make shrewd moves than enhance the team overall and you know, win a whole lot. He has made the moves necessary to be competitive for two decades, which is unprecedented. 

I'm not close to the "fire BB" bandwagon or anything, but there's no denying he's in the middle of one his weaker periods as GM. Signing Bennett, then shipping him off, was a bigtime waste of cap space and really bad for team morale. And trading a 2nd for Sanu was ridiculous.

For reference, that 2nd for Sanu would have netted use Deandre Hopkins this off-season. Obviously BOB totally losing his mind couldn't be predicted, but a wait-and-see approach, as opposed to desperation moves, has always been BB's usual MO.

11 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

I'm not close to the "fire BB" bandwagon or anything, but there's no denying he's in the middle of one his weaker periods as GM. Signing Bennett, then shipping him off, was a bigtime waste of cap space and really bad for team morale. And trading a 2nd for Sanu was ridiculous.

For reference, that 2nd for Sanu would have netted use Deandre Hopkins this off-season. Obviously BOB totally losing his mind couldn't be predicted, but a wait-and-see approach, as opposed to desperation moves, has always been BB's usual MO.

Ugh

41 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Given his cap hit, I don't think we'd be anywhere near players in that game.  We're far FAR too tight against the cap again to draw in any big tag players.

45 minutes ago, IheartMyV8 said:

Given his cap hit, I don't think we'd be anywhere near players in that game.  We're far FAR too tight against the cap again to draw in any big tag players.

True, and I doubt the Texans would ever have a sent a weapon like that to Foxboro, it was just an example to show what a bad overpay the Sanu trade was.

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

You don't think the natural breaking point with the greatest player of all time doesn't have anything to do with this? The guy stacked a decade of masterful chess playing with his personnel, over another decade. That's unprecedented. Unless you somehow feel we should be awarded another decade. Dissect most seasons, and you'll find the same questionable moves. It's part of the game. And I'm sure you know better than to throw out "Cardinals got Hopkins for a 2nd = Patriots missed out on this." We all know there's no way in hell BoB is shipping him here. You're looking for reasons...

• Like 2

Was just thinking this morning: Has there ever been another Hall of Fame-tier QB to just straight up leave or be released by his team without either a major injury as cause, or a successor pushing him out? 

Unitas was traded to SD because the Colts had drafted Bert Jones #2 overall that year. 
Montana had Young push him out (and had a series of injuries cause him to miss considerable time before he was shipped to KC)

Favre had Rodgers pushing him

Manning had his neck thing