? Week Three - Bucs (1-0) @ Vikings (1-1)

bucsfan333

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

On a positive note, I thought the pass blocking was spectacular. The Vikings knew we were throwing it just about every play and Jameis stayed relatively clean.

Donovan Smith was good.  If the defense can just get off the field, they ll be alright.  They didn't get off the field on 3rd down last week either.

I really wanna know why don't we check OUT of a defense especially when the QB knows the coverage. I literally watched Keenum hard count to show when we were blitzing and we just stood there and played it out. Just flat out stupidity. Why aren't we making adjustments at the snap? That is piss poor game management by Mike Smith and whoever was in charge today. 

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

I really wanna know why don't we check OUT of a defense especially when the QB knows the coverage. I literally watched Keenum hard count to show when we were blitzing and we just stood there and played it out. Just flat out stupidity. Why aren't we making adjustments at the snap? That is piss poor game management by Mike Smith and whoever was in charge today. 

You'd have to communicate a change like that to 11 different guys. In seconds. You though we were leaving guys wide open without defensive audibles. Wait until the defense is running two different plays at the same time.

11 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

yeah and jameis still couldnt do anything with the time, except throw picks

He only made one bad read; the force to Evans. The first pick to DJax was an underthrow. Probably because he over threw him a bunch last week. The other pick toward DJax was Jameis throwing to the open area and DJax not being there. I don't know if DJax didn't finish his route to that spot or there was miscommunication.

Jameis isn't absolved of those picks. But I thought he did alright, given the circumstances. He's the reason it was still sort of a game early in the fourth quarter 

20 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Donovan Smith was good.  If the defense can just get off the field, they ll be alright.  They didn't get off the field on 3rd down last week either.

I thought Hump and Godwin did a good job of stepping up today. 

And I agree. I think the offense will be ok. At least passing the ball. But if we can't run the ball, we're screwed. Dougie needs to be 100% ready to go once his suspension is up.

I said it at the start of the week...pass defense last week against Bears was weak if you look past the turnovers.

VH3 is looking more and more like a bust. Call me over dramatic but the dude is trash. I don't get how he gets so much praise.

It makes me so mad when I see him celebrating for doing his job on one play when being burned the past 2 plays. The idiot always does that. I remember that crap last year too. 

Also the getting scared to beat deep phobia drove me crazy. We played 10-12 yards off the receivers almost every play which gave soo much room for most short routes to work.

But how unprepared we were as a defense coming into this game was just absurd. We looked lost from the first defensive drive.

Offense can't really complain much. Ya Winston threw picks but that's expected when he is trying to force a comeback.

26 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

You'd have to communicate a change like that to 11 different guys. In seconds. You though we were leaving guys wide open without defensive audibles. Wait until the defense is running two different plays at the same time.

I've seen it done before. You just have to get the call in before the snap. Like we don't even try to act like we are checking out of our coverage. 

Archived