? Week Three - Bucs (1-0) @ Vikings (1-1)

bucsfan333

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I haven't seen anything saying he's got it.

I thought it was odd Ready got some playing time over him in the middle of the game.  I would not be surprised I'd something was wrong.  Smith started, but Pamphle came into the game.  Flu bug and injury bug lovely

13 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

So I've got tickets and will be coming to Tampa for the Thursday night game against the Pats.

Brady threw 5 TDs against the Texans D today...

Oof. Yeah. You picked a tough game to go to. You better take a little luck with you.

3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

we think our D looked bad today

next week we are going to make the struggling Eli Manning look like a true Hofer

their WRs are for real ,  unlike the vikings who just showed off against bad CBs

What? Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen are top 20 WRs with a lot of upside.

Idk why people act like they are JAGs. Give em a top QB and they're both 1200 yard receivers.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Oof. Yeah. You picked a tough game to go to. You better take a little luck with you.

Yeah for real. Got tickets back in the beginning of August as this worked for my PTO schedule and my wife's work schedule. I still think it can be a good game but wow our lack of pressure and poor DB play has me worried. I just want good weather and a competitive game at the very least.

Honestly, I don't think Mike Evans had a very good game at all.  Rhoades is certainly a very good player, but I counted 3 drops and 1 very public temper tantrum.  If he is touted as the best player on the team, he has to play better.  Hopefully, next week he'll have a better showing.  

My thoughts : 

offense: 

we stunk. 

- where is the running game? Like last year, licht failed to address the running back gap. I like the pick of justin Evans but Jason licht said it's win now. He passed on Kareem hunt who I said was the most underrated back in the draft. Enough said. 

- Jamies Winston still makes dumb throws and is so inconsistent with accuracy. It's sad when Keanum can throw a better deep ball accurately than "americas qb". I hate to say it but watching Winston is like jekyl and Hyde. He has the weapons. Cut down the TOs. 

Defensively: 

- Hargreaves can't play corner. He was picked on last year and it seems to be the same in year two. He was getting burned in preseason by no name receivers who didn't make the jags squad. 

Hes a ball hawker who can't play corner outside. Maybe move him to free safety? 

- pass rush is awful. Again, did not address. We have Noah Spence but everyone else is more of a run defender than edge rusher  yet again we decide to rely on jaq smith to be reliable  

to be a playoff team, we can't lose games like this. I would not be surprised if we hit 8-8 this year. Mature football teams don't play like this. Winston needs to be consistent. History shows he can't lay multiple INTs in a game on multiple occasions. His turnovers need to be reduced this year. But we need to also run the football well . 

11 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

What? Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen are top 20 WRs with a lot of upside.

Idk why people act like they are JAGs. Give em a top QB and they're both 1200 yard receivers.

sorry i was a little heated at that moment,  i do like Diggs and Thielen alot, but OBJ/Marshall/Shepard are a better set of WRs than Diggs/Thielen/who

24 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

sorry i was a little heated at that moment,  i do like Diggs and Thielen alot, but OBJ/Marshall/Shepard are a better set of WRs than Diggs/Thielen/who

haha it's all good. Diggs and Thielen do tend to be downplayed by a lot of people though. it's not their fault. it's the offenses fault at large.

and I agree. I'd take New York's trio over what we have. I'd still take them even when we get Michael Floyd back.

Buccaneers fans, help me out. Why is Case Keenum so good against you guys? did one of you guys kick his dog or something? lol

34 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I have no clue. He just really hates us.

haha! you look at his stats against other teams and it's pedestrian. against the Bucs he's on fire. weird.

I don't know that this game will be anything definitive on what to expect from Tampa Bay this year. Minnesota is an okay team that should push for a wildcard spot this year. I think if the Bucs can regroup and get a win next week, as well as beat some of these other tough teams (for instance Detroit and Green Bay...lol) then you'll be right in the mix too.

have fun this year guys!

With Keenum I think part of it is a confidence thing in all honesty. He's done it against us before so he knows he can do it again. Other than that idk why he's lights out against us.

R&P, I'm with you on the offenseive drafting with Hunt. Hindsight is 20/20 but if we were that interested in Cook in the 2nd why didn't we just take Hunt. I was a fan along with many others, and instead we reach for a guy in Evans who will hardly see the field this year it seems.

The offense showed how quick it could move the ball on a good defense at times. Consistency is key. When Doug returns and if we aren't down by 3 scores, I think we will look better and be more balanced. Jameis threw INTs and forced the ball cuz we were down so much.

The defense is rough right now. Injuries are the biggest concern and then the ability of our DBs to actually make plays. We need to draft a CB and get a pass rushing DE in the draft next year.

We aren't as bad as we looked. I think a BIG issue was prep. We just got out coached.

Archived