? Week Three - Bucs (1-0) @ Vikings (1-1)

bucsfan333

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I thought Hump and Godwin did a good job of stepping up today. 

And I agree. I think the offense will be ok. At least passing the ball. But if we can't run the ball, we're screwed. Dougie needs to be 100% ready to go once his suspension is up.

They weren't awful running the ball today, they couldn't stop anyone.  369 for Keenum is almost unbelievable.   Smith has to figure out what he wants.  If he is giving cushion WRS can't get behind safeties and CBs.   Blitz get the CBs closer and think about putting another safety besides Conte on an island 

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

They weren't awful running the ball today, they couldn't stop anyone.  369 for Keenum is almost unbelievable.   Smith has to figure out what he wants.  If he is giving cushion WRS can't get behind safeties and CBs.   Blitz get the CBs closer and think about putting another safety besides Conte on an island 

I feel like David blitzed every play for two or three straight drives. It was like we were trying to use him like a DE. He only disrupted the play like twice.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

I feel like David blitzed every play for two or three straight drives. It was like we were trying to use him like a DE. He only disrupted the play like twice.

For me, if the play call is to blitz David.  the CBs have to recognize and make the WRS beat them over the top, not give cushion.  The problem with blitzing David is putting Conte on an island.  He got turned around a couple of times.  I'm not sure what Smith is going to do.

28 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

For me, if the play call is to blitz David.  the CBs have to recognize and make the WRS beat them over the top, not give cushion.  The problem with blitzing David is putting Conte on an island.  He got turned around a couple of times.  I'm not sure what Smith is going to do.

This. Disrupt the timing of the routes, not play 10 yards off the receiver. I mean for crying out loud, we're not even facing a good WR core. Do that against Odell next week, and we're going to lose big.

Just now, indifference said:

This. Disrupt the timing of the routes, not play 10 yards off the receiver. I mean for crying out loud, we're not even facing a good WR core. Do that against Odell next week, and we're going to lose big.

It just seems to me the secondary isn't in sync with the front 7. Maybe having Beckwith making the calls, could be a problem,  I don't know.  The CBs and safeties have been awful on 3rd .  Through 2 games, the opposition 3rd down conversion is well over 50%.

Tough game today Bucs fans.  Sorry about that.  I've been watching football for over 40 years and it seems like every season there is one game a team has a totally unexplained performance.  The same thing happened to us last year when we were blown out by the 49ers.  About all you can do is chalk it up to an outlier, throw away the film and move on to the next week.  You guys have a LOT of talent on your roster so I'm sure it won't be like this every week.  The scary thing that happened today was the number of injuries you sustained to some great players.  If you can get them back soon, you should be able to recover from this one and be a force to be reckoned with by the time the season is over.  Best of luck moving forward, and let's hope we get to play each other again in the playoffs.   

I hope your team heals very quickly!  There is a lot of talent on your roster and I think things will come together for you!  Best of luck going forward in the season.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Godwin did a good job of stepping up today.

speaking of Godwin, I don't know if it was discussed or not. But was he battling the flu too?

Looked like he pooped himself a little bit.

If he was, I give him props. Evans, Howard and Godwin going forward is something to really look forward to.

Hope all y'all guy's players get healthy soon, would of been a much closer game yet with everyone healthy, hate seeing that.

Archived