? Week Three - Bucs (1-0) @ Vikings (1-1)

bucsfan333

2 hours ago, indifference said:

Welp, two starters are out. I think we're being cautious with the Alexander hamstring injury. They tend to linger if you don't let it heal on its own. David should have another big day on Sunday.

What the heck is with this team and illness over the years.   I expect the Vikings to play a lot of zone especially if the score remains close.  Try to limit the chunk plays and hopefully the Bucs self destruct.  Not worried about the defense as long as they maintain gap control.  Will Gholston is such an under rated defender on this team.  Can't wait till Sunday 

Javien Elliot, Jacquies Smith, Devante Bond, Leonard Wester, Joe Hawley, Antony Auclair, and Willie Clark were our inactives last week.

Bond (if finally healthy), Hawley, and Clark are good guesses.

Auman suggested we might activate Ward from the PS. The only problem is I don't know who we'd let go to do that.

16 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Javien Elliot, Jacquies Smith, Devante Bond, Leonard Wester, Joe Hawley, Antony Auclair, and Willie Clark were our inactives last week.

Bond (if finally healthy), Hawley, and Clark are good guesses.

Auman suggested we might activate Ward from the PS. The only problem is I don't know who we'd let go to do that.

I would be surprised if Ward is brought up.  Gholston can play DT.  I can see a little more 3-4 this week to try and confuse Keenum possibly, especially with Bond active.

Kwon and Baker being out really sucks. I agree that we need to let Kwon heal or else that is guaranteed to liger all season. I just hope this week is all he needs. With Case starting at QB and Beck playing well I think we'll be ok this week. The thing that I think really hurts us is Baker being out. Dalvin could have a big game and Baker's play last week was huge in shutting down Howard and Cohen.

What the heck is going on with illness and the Bucs... beyond frustraiting. 

2 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

What the heck is going on with illness and the Bucs... beyond frustraiting. 

I remember when MRSA was running through the locker room. Guys were sharing towels and razors. I'd imagine there's probably some unsanitary stuff going on. And I doubt folks are washing their hands and getting flu shots.

We CANNOT lose to Keenum again.....I was so disgusted last year when we played him vs the Rams.

I remember we were giving him gifts all day by getting pass interference every other play. If you guys remember, it got so bad that on the Rams final offensive drive, it was 3rd down and they were trying to put us away. With a first down they win the game. Their money play was a deep post route, that Keenum purposely threw slightly out of bounds, in hopes that we would commit another pass interference. Thankfully we did not, but our offense did not get the job done, and we took the L.

I hope Mike Smith is letting his defense know that we only lost to this guy last year because we kept shooting ourselves in the foot.

As for Kwon being out, I would rather it be this game vs a backup QB. We have 15 straight games without breaks. Let him heal for a week.

Finally back and in the new boards. I was ecstatic with last weeks win. Didn't really get a chance to see the offense for a full game Bc of turnovers. Would like to see those FGS to TDs. But it was game one. 

I like what I saw from beckwith and Noah Spence. Hears to seeing progression. 

9 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Finally back and in the new boards. I was ecstatic with last weeks win. Didn't really get a chance to see the offense for a full game Bc of turnovers. Would like to see those FGS to TDs. But it was game one. 

I like what I saw from beckwith and Noah Spence. Hears to seeing progression. 

About damn time you show up. icon_lol.gif

Good luck Sunday. DeSean will be the x -factor in this one. We limited Bell and Brown last week, but Martavis torched Waynes/Newman all game. I see it playing out pretty similar, hopefully Keenum can cast his anti-Bucs voodoo on you guys once more. 

Heres 1 thing that really has me curious:

Bridgewater

what the heck is going on with him??

this is the first time in years that ive heard of an ACL injury taking over a year to heal, and its like ppl just completely gave up on this guy, who looked very strong / up and coming in his 2nd year

nowadays with the advanced injury technology and therapy ppl have come back from ACLs rather quickly (look at Beckwith), the ACL injury isnt a career killer like it once was

and yet this is going on over a year with bridgewater and i havent heard anything about him coming back

when they traded for bradford i honestly thought it was a stop gap for 1 year because i saw Bridgewater  > Bradford 100% and that Bridgewater would be back healthy and starting this year , and again mum is the word on this guy AND Bradford is his enigma self playing better than he should and getting injured like the Mr Glass he is

13 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Heres 1 thing that really has me curious:

Bridgewater

what the heck is going on with him??

Bridgewater's injury was so immediately dangerous that the Vikings medical staff sedated him on the field because of the blood loss. it was widely reported their quick actions saved his leg from eventual amputation. THAT'S how serious it was, it wasn't just a torn ACL.

and on the field at practice that day, grown men, athletes who have lived with gruesome injuries to themselves and teammates all their careers, we're puking at the sight of the injury.

Archived