Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Just heard governor whitmer is expected to announce that dine-in at bars and restaurants is going to be stopped here in Michigan. We’re now up to 53 known cases. 

Without getting political, you could see this weighing HEAVILY on the governor yesterday, and I feel like he made the right decision, and you could tell he was visibly upset making this decision.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

DeWine has not been my cup of teas since forever, but he’s knocked this situation out of the park tbh.

I've always been a fan of his personally, and I'm a believer in voting "person over politics" for executive positions, but I don't want to get that too far off track. IMO, even if you don't agree with him politically, he's followed through on what he's run on and genuinely answers questions and cares about people IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I've always been a fan of his personally, and I'm a believer in voting "person over politics" for executive positions, but I don't want to get that too far off track. IMO, even if you don't agree with him politically, he's followed through on what he's run on and genuinely answers questions and cares about people IMO.

And most importantly, his actions over the last week have proven it.

It’s not just talk, and I commend that.

• Like 1

Idk how I’m gonna pay my rent without pulling from savings if this trend continues of shutting places down. I do a lot of travel and work with city and county offices and if they shut down I’m pretty much gonna be told to stay home. Dipping in to my savings is really gonna suck.

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

Idk how I’m gonna pay my rent without pulling from savings if this trend continues of shutting places down. I do a lot of travel and work with city and county offices and if they shut down I’m pretty much gonna be told to stay home. Dipping in to my savings is really gonna suck.

Not to marginalize your situation, but just be thankful you have the savings to dip into as many dont.

We’re in for a wild ride.

20 hours ago, theJ said:

Both. 

And there was plenty of news coverage about that too. 

But I don't recall everything shutting down like this and people hoarding supplies like folks do down here when a hurricane is coming.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not to marginalize your situation, but just be thankful you have the savings to dip into as many dont.

We’re in for a wild ride.

For real.

A lot of people have been talking about investing more heavily with the market down.  I'm hoarding cash at the moment, because you never know what's going to happen.  At worst, i can invest it later.  At best, i have something to fall back on if something bad happens.  And if i don't need it, maybe someone else i know will and i can help out.

• Like 1

Just now, holt_bruce81 said:

There's still so many people that are not taking this seriously, which is how this will end up getting spread to the millions. My facebook feed is full of people calling this a joke. 

I might get myself fired over this if my coworkers don’t pull their heads out of their ***** 

Just now, theJ said:

For real.

A lot of people have been talking about investing more heavily with the market down.  I'm hoarding cash at the moment, because you never know what's going to happen.  At worst, i can invest it later.  At best, i have something to fall back on if something bad happens.  And if i don't need it, maybe someone else i know will and i can help out.

I've contemplated pulling a few grand in cash "just in case" electronic stuff gets shut down.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I've contemplated pulling a few grand in cash "just in case" electronic stuff gets shut down.

We're a long way from that, IMO.  When i said cash, i meant liquid savings.  It's still in a bank.

On top of everything else, we don't need an unnecessary run on banks too.

Just now, theJ said:

We're a long way from that, IMO.  When i said cash, i meant liquid savings.  It's still in a bank.

On top of everything else, we don't need an unnecessary run on banks too.

I mean, I'm not talking about making a run of everything that I have, I'm talking about $2,000 for emergencies only.

I'm currently refinancing and taking advantage of the Fed getting dropped (15 year) and will continue to put money into my retirement every other week, so I'm not talking about 1929 stuff here. ;)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Rumors going around that Governor DeWine in Ohio within 72 hours is going to announce mandatory housing Quarantine, with exceptions/possible exceptions for grocery stores, work, and doctors.

That would be wild.

This whole thing is wild.  Just think about it guys.  This whole thing feels like a sci-fi book or movie, in slow motion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, I'm not talking about making a run of everything that I have, I'm talking about $2,000 for emergencies only.

I'm currently refinancing and taking advantage of the Fed getting dropped (15 year) and will continue to put money into my retirement every other week, so I'm not talking about 1929 stuff here. ;)

Cash?  You should be sitting on a 2k mound of toilet paper.  That's what the smart people are doing :)

J/K - having a little extra laying around the house isn't a bad idea, in any situation really.  Never know when someone will steal your CC info.

• Like 1