Salt-in-the-wounds poll

NudeTayne

Joe Thomas trade?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. 0-3 CLE trades Joe Thomas to 0-3 NYG for 2018 1st + Sterling Shepard

• Yes while he still has value--will miss him. He deserves one more shot at the owl.
    • No. He is emblematic of this team and needs to stay.

If we are 0-3 next week--takes becoming the heat of the sun--& the NYG are 0-3 next week with their turnstile LT, do we do the unfathomable and trade Joe Thomas for the NYG 1st + Sterling Shepard?  Does the sky fall?  Are we looking at next year?  Do the mock drafts begin?

hot-sauce.gif

Nope, Joe needs to be a Brown for life.  Also, we have this kid, 21 year old rookie QB that is not exactly setting the world on fire.  He has all of the physical tools you want.  We need to see if he can develop.  Trading away the all world left tackles is not the way to do it.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You sayin Rod Johnson is a big stiff?

3 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

He only bends slightly to the left.

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

still funny every time

Guys, I'm not understanding what you're getting at.  Please explain.

If we trade JT, I may boycott the rest of the season. I'm not saying that from a "business" perspective that it wouldn't be a great deal (although I don't know that it is anyway), Joe has played over 10,000 consecutive snaps for an absolute dumpster fire and been a model citizen in every way, aside from being an obvious 1st ballot HOF player. The ONLY way I'd ever get rid of JT is if he quietly came to the FO and asked to be traded to a winner and that while he loved being a Brown, he's never played in a meaningful game here.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If we trade JT, I may boycott the rest of the season. I'm not saying that from a "business" perspective that it wouldn't be a great deal (although I don't know that it is anyway), Joe has played over 10,000 consecutive snaps for an absolute dumpster fire and been a model citizen in every way, aside from being an obvious 1st ballot HOF player. The ONLY way I'd ever get rid of JT is if he quietly came to the FO and asked to be traded to a winner and that while he loved being a Brown, he's never played in a meaningful game here.

I wouldn't be mad if they did trade him because I'd assume that's what happened.

No one trades a HOF talent who still plays at an elite level when there is nobody to take his place.

That said, I believe Joe when he says he wants to retire a Brown. I sure hope they make that happen.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I wouldn't be mad if they did trade him because I'd assume that's what happened.

No one trades a HOF talent who still plays at an elite level when there is nobody to take his place.

That said, I believe Joe when he says he wants to retire a Brown. I sure hope they make that happen.

Yeah, I guess I just let the emotional side get the better of me, but then again fan is short for fanatic, which gives me the right to be as rational or irrational as I want to be.

Ron-Swanson-Says-Dont-Even-Care.gif

Archived