Jets sign George Fant

J_E_T_$

i would have preferred resigning Beachum. The good news is only 13.7 is guaranteed (according to ESPN) so hopefully we keep this years cap hit low and push the rest to next year when the cap takes a big jump.  The bad news is, as @jetskid007pointed out, this was the guy we went after on day one

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Of course his goal is to start at LT. That doesn’t mean he’s worthy of it

Of course not. 

Just looks like he started out at LT, played well, got hurt, they brought in Duane Brown, flipped Fant to the right side and he struggled but with Brown there there’s nothing for him. That could at least help with the consistency issues. I would say this shouldn’t stop us from drafting another Tackle if one is there. 

6 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Of course not. 

Just looks like he started out at LT, played well, got hurt, they brought in Duane Brown, flipped Fant to the right side and he struggled but with Brown there there’s nothing for him. That could at least help with the consistency issues. I would say this shouldn’t stop us from drafting another Tackle if one is there. 

Obviously. But then we are in a situation of this. That rookie surely starts at LT or RT. I can’t say with confidence that Fant is better than Edoga. I actually would argue Edoga is better. So we then just gave 10mill per season to a guy that will either be a bad starting OT, a WAY overpaid backup/swing T or paid him and want to move his position to G (not the smartest). All 3 are bad.

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Obviously. But then we are in a situation of this. That rookie surely starts at LT or RT. I can’t say with confidence that Fant is better than Edoga. I actually would argue Edoga is better. So we then just gave 10mill per season to a guy that will either be a bad starting OT, a WAY overpaid backup/swing T or paid him and want to move his position to G (not the smartest). All 3 are bad.

Have you watched some stuff on him? At LT he was good and he was just learning. At RT tho dreadful, just dreadful. Wherever he plays, he has to stick there or else it doesn’t him a disservice. I’ve seen mixed reviews on him. Some Seattle fans didn’t wanna lose him, some couldn’t care less. 

I don’t like Edoga at all, weak, small, just not might type of OL.