Tom Brady to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

showtime

On 4/12/2020 at 10:13 PM, y*so*blu said:

Speaking of health, Brady had plenty to say about that in his interview with Howard Stern.

Brady believes prevention is the best medicine, and that nothing can substitute for taking care of yourself through proper diet, exercise, rest and having a sense of balance in life. He also said he drinks a “couple hundred ounces” of water a day and believes chronic dehydration is a real problem.

“Why don’t we talk to the food companies about adding less sugar to our foods?” Brady said. “Why are we so immuno-suppressed all the time? Why are we so dependent on waiting to get sick before we start thinking about how we get better? I heard one of the doctors say on TV, ‘We should all act like we’re sick.’ And I thought that was a very compelling thing. In my mind, I live like I’m sick. I always try to get the right rest. I always try to eat the right foods. I always try to have a more positive outlook.”

https://www.espn.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/23595/ten-most-interesting-nuggets-from-tom-bradys-interview-with-howard-stern

I agree with him im a vegetarian and the only thing I actually drink that is "bad" is diet pop

Edited by Chuck80

23 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Where does "Nuk" come from?  Short for knucklehead?  I've always heard that Hopkins was a pretty good guy.

from his mom... it was the only pacifier he would use as a child.

True story. 

900.jpg

• Like 4

On 4/12/2020 at 5:11 PM, BucShot said:

People love to tease Brady for his diet, but at what point do we ask ourselves... maybe this 43 year old superstar actually might be onto something?

Brady's diet works because it mostly vegetables, he avoids sugar and gets plenty of sleep, water and exercise.

His claims against nightshades and fruit are based on bad science. He also kind of exposes he doesn't know what he's talking about when said mushrooms are nightshades.

Some people are allergic to nightshades, but if you don't have any feel free to eat them; I've lost plenty of weight and I eat plenty of peppers.

What is true about fruit is that they need to be limited due to the sugar content in some of them.

Edited by $andtrap
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

Damn, I was pronouncing it "Nuke" like hes got a lot of power.

him being named after an orthodontic pacifier though...

It is pronounced “Nuke”

edit: Yin-Yang with the elusive 41 minute ninja post 

Edited by Dome