The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

57 minutes ago, Eric said:

On ESPN sporstwriter mock Keim took Edmund's from VT. He was the last impactful defender that fell. If no trade down the only other option would be Payne.

If this actually happened Thursday night would you guys be excited or bummed about the pick?

Payne is one of my favorite players in the draft so I’d be pumped. I’m a Hokie fan so Edmunds would be great too. I’d still just take Guice though. 

1 hour ago, Eric said:

On ESPN sporstwriter mock Keim took Edmund's from VT. He was the last impactful defender that fell. If no trade down the only other option would be Payne.

If this actually happened Thursday night would you guys be excited or bummed about the pick?

I mean I wouldn’t be mad but not thrilled.

29 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Payne is one of my favorite players in the draft so I’d be pumped. I’m a Hokie fan so Edmunds would be great too. I’d still just take Guice though. 

You would take Payne and Guice over Edmund's? Can't argue with it really but based on potential and ceiling Edmunds would be BPA in my opinion. Either way though I can not see us ending up without a good player 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Guice is going in the 2nd.

I'm getting that feeling also. If they want Guice they need to trade with Philly to get back in first, rumor is they want to be trade down. I'm not a fan of going back in first again though, its gonna cost picks we really can't afford to lose 

6 minutes ago, Eric said:

I'm getting that feeling also. If they want Guice they need to trade with Philly to get back in first, rumor is they want to be trade down. I'm not a fan of going back in first again though, its gonna cost picks we really can't afford to lose 

This is what happens when folks believe the media driven stuff. Guice gets drafted inside 20... everyone freaks out and yells "reach!!"

lol. 

Just now, oldman9er said:

This is what happens when folks believe the media driven stuff. Guice gets drafted inside 20... everyone freaks out and yells "reach!!"

lol. 

Guice is a baller if he’s not picked inside the late teens early 20’s teams are seriously devaluing a super talented player. I wouldn’t be mad at 13 depending on the board. 

14 hours ago, Eric said:

Edmunds might have the highest ceiling of any defender in the draft. Cooley said that Edmunds is the closest player he's ever seen to Lavar. I'd be pretty pumped to get Edmunds since he's an elite talent. 

9 minutes ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

Edmunds might have the highest ceiling of any defender in the draft. Cooley said that Edmunds is the closest player he's ever seen to Lavar. I'd be pretty pumped to get Edmunds since he's an elite talent. 

So is this guy super smart too ? He won't be 20 until May so he was going to Va Tech at age 16 or 17 ?  He would be an intriguing pick. I'm not sure how I'd feel .

22 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

So is this guy super smart too ? He won't be 20 until May so he was going to Va Tech at age 16 or 17 ?  He would be an intriguing pick. I'm not sure how I'd feel .

Good question, I’d assume so. I love the fact that he’s only 19. If he were coming out after his sophomore year, I’d be more concern but playing 3 years at a big time program means that he’s far along in the developing stage for his age. I’ve really been more and more intrigued with him the closer we get to the draft.

Great point. He has size skill and confidence, but he may be a head case. Jeff George 2.0? 

I’m  in the minority because I don’t love any of the top 5 QB’s - Bradford, mayfield, Allen, Rosen and Jackson and think none of them are sure fire bets for success. I hope they all go in top 12 then our chances increase of getting a pro bowler. 

My hope is pick any of these at 13 ( Vea, James, Ward) unless you can trade back for multiple picks or a later 1 or second this year and a number 1 next year for the new GM to pick for his new coach. 

Vegas set out win line at 5.5. That’s firing clean house territory 

Archived