The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

48 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I know it shouldn't matter, but Derwin James destroyed the combine. Athletic freak at his size. Would not mind having him roaming our secondary.

He's better than Fitzpatrick in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I know it shouldn't matter, but Derwin James destroyed the combine. Athletic freak at his size. Would not mind having him roaming our secondary.

But it’s doesnt matter if we have a young Ronnie Lott and Sean Taylor there if we don’t get a NT who can stop the run and occupy two guys on pass plays to free up the others 

2 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Yes, James will be a stud.

He's #2 on my list to get @13.

Fitzpatrick is #3 on my list.

If we are targeting Vita or Payne, we should trade down, imo.

Worst case scenario, we trade down...lose out on both Vita & Payne.

Pounce on CB Jackson or RB Guice. While landing additional draft picks from trade down.

3 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

But it’s doesnt matter if we have a young Ronnie Lott and Sean Taylor there if we don’t get a NT who can stop the run and occupy two guys on pass plays to free up the others 

If we have a shot at a Ronnie Lott or Sean Taylor and take a two-down defender instead I'll be pissed. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

If we have a shot at a Ronnie Lott or Sean Taylor and take a two-down defender instead I'll be pissed. 

Ok first off, there's no way to know if any of these guys will be future HOFers.  Second, we have two quality Safeties already on the roster, and we don't have a single NT on the roster.  Third, I don't entirely disagree with you about passing on a 2 down run stuffer in the first (Vea) but I think Payne is more than just that.  I think he's a difference maker up front.  

56 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ok first off, there's no way to know if any of these guys will be future HOFers.  Second, we have two quality Safeties already on the roster, and we don't have a single NT on the roster.  Third, I don't entirely disagree with you about passing on a 2 down run stuffer in the first (Vea) but I think Payne is more than just that.  I think he's a difference maker up front.  

I'm simply going off the post Doc made. 

I fell hard for Derwin James as a freshman. On a different level than just about everyone else on the field, he flashed immediately and repeatedly when watching him. 

Can’t see them going that direction though. As has been noted before, they like Swearinger and Nicholson, and there’s just so many other places where we need more help. 

Whoa, just read a mock where D James falls to us at 13. We trade the pick to the Chargers ( The Cowboys and Jerrah are dying for this guy too keep in mind ! ) for a 1, 3 and 4 and we draft Leighton Vander Esch LB at 17. 

18 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Whoa, just read a mock where D James falls to us at 13. We trade the pick to the Chargers ( The Cowboys and Jerrah are dying for this guy too keep in mind ! ) for a 1, 3 and 4 and we draft Van Esch LB at 17. 

Wouldn't hate it.

We interrupt this draft thread for a public safety announcement:

On 3/4/2018 at 1:22 AM, Doc Draper said:

My buddy told me about some OL who ran close to a 6.0 in 40. That’s running in mud

hippo-o.gif

Hippos are effing mean creatures. Also, don't believe the slow-mo picture there: https://www.oddee.com/item_98002.aspx

a98002_angryhippo.jpg

Many experts believe that the Hippopotamus is the most dangerous animal in all of Africa. Weighing up to 8,000 pounds, a Hippo can gallop 18 mph and have been known to upset boats for no reason and bite the passengers with their huge, sharp teeth. Not only that, but Hippos are aggressive, unpredictable and have no fear of humans. People die most often when they get between a hippo and deep water or between a mother and her calf.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-36320744

Hippopotamus

Hippopotamus (file) Image captionMale hippos can weigh up to 2,750kg.

Ungainly as it is, the hippopotamus is the world's deadliest large land mammal,. Hippos are aggressive creatures, and they have very sharp teeth.

And you would not want to get stuck under one; at up to 2,750kg they can crush a human to death.

The two sites differ in the fatality lists, but the range is 500-3000 people per year get killed by a hippo.

And now back to your regularly scheduled draft thread.

On 3/4/2018 at 9:13 PM, Dashing202 said:

Very cool to know everyone in here is friendly and not bashing each other . We should continue this with the other threads as we are a brotherhood .

We're a family.

Like any family, we bicker and argue and taunt and mock.

And if anyone from outside comes in to start something, we stomp them bloody.

Archived