Lions trade CB Darius Slay to Eagles for 3rd and 5th round; Slay gets (3 year, $50 M, $30 M gt'd extension)

RaidersAreOne

^^ Guess he was trying everything he could possibly do, to ensure not being a Lion under Matt Patricia in 2020. Assuming of course said contract extension would have to be worked out BEFORE a deal is approved. 

Seem to work to a T, I guess!

Edited by Nabbs4u

For the record: I'm not being critical of Slay. I love "Big Play Slay"... the guy is a fantastic CB, and made some huge plays for us over the years. He has the perfect mindset for the position, and, despite struggling as a rookie, emerged as a top CB in this league. He's a great person and player, and his finger wag is immaculate. I would have loved to keep him around, but it appeared that his contract demands and dislike of Patricia would never let that happen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

^^ Guess he was trying everything he could possibly do, to ensure not being a Lion under Matt Patricia 2020. Assuming of course said contract would have to be worked out BEFORE a deal is approved. 

Seem to work to a T, I guess!

Of course it worked: Patricia didn't want him on the roster either. They were (reportedly) trying to find a trade partner for quite some time. In the end, it worked out well for both sides.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Maybe he can actually teach Jalen Mills how not to do this when you suck and get burnt? That alone might be worth 50M.

Haha. If anything, BPS might try to teach him how to put himself in positions to get to do it more... and harder. I'll always love the combination of his finger wag and huge grin.

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:
7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Maybe he can actually teach Jalen Mills how not to do this when you suck and get burnt? That alone might be worth 50M.

Haha. If anything, BPS might try to teach him how to put himself in positions to get to do it more... and harder. I'll always love the combination of his finger wag and huge grin.

Mills Wags his finger Stumbling off the Bus. Anything at this point would be a Teaching Moment IMO.🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u

Great move for Philly. Slay's been stuck here in Detroit rotting basically, he's a legit #1 CB without question. Impact player, just the type of player Philly needs to get back to the top of the NFC. Don't let the years of losing in Detroit fool you, this guy makes big plays and is one of the best CB's in the NFL.

Edited by DOBSON10
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Here’s a white guy - who struggled to even stay on an NFL roster - that, “didn’t want to play for a white guy” and was excited he was cut

Can I take a shot at the Ford Field question?

The answer is: "Any football coach that grades players based on their knowledge of architectural trivia is hot garbage who should be fired immediately"

Did I get the right answer?