2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

4 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Imagine if Arizona went Lamb at 8.  It isn't out of the question.  They want to make sure their offense can be dominant and give Kliff and Kyler what they want.  D Hop, Fitz, Lamb, Kirk, Isabella, Butler, Johnson.  They would have BY FAR the deepest and best WR corps in the league.  

If that happens I would offer a 5th or maybe a 6th for Butler.  I really liked him last year, but he was hurt the hole year.  6'5 227 with 35 1/4 inch arms, ran a 4.48, with 10 3/4 inch hands...... if they've soured on him.... I make the trade.  

A few of us were big on Butler last year.. Surprised he went as late as he did. He also didn't see the field much but you could blame depth for that so he's a relative unknown. 

The Cardinals looked stacked at WR. But some of their fans think they could use help at WR. I don’t think they understand what help means. Aside from Crowder, we don’t have a WR that even makes their roster. If Crowder were on their roster, he’s be at best the 3rd option. 

20 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Imagine if Arizona went Lamb at 8.  It isn't out of the question.  They want to make sure their offense can be dominant and give Kliff and Kyler what they want.  D Hop, Fitz, Lamb, Kirk, Isabella, Butler, Johnson.  They would have BY FAR the deepest and best WR corps in the league.  

If that happens I would offer a 5th or maybe a 6th for Butler.  I really liked him last year, but he was hurt the hole year.  6'5 227 with 35 1/4 inch arms, ran a 4.48, with 10 3/4 inch hands...... if they've soured on him.... I make the trade.  

It would be so outrageous. I feel like overcompensating for a QB/scheme right now does nothing for the player in the long run. In today’s game you expect the QB to rise to his athletic peak at around his 8th year, whereas most other players are already in their decline. What happens when Murray’s the highest paid player in the league and doesn’t have the weapons he had early on? What happens when you don’t have enough reps to go around for your younger guys? This isn’t fact, but I think that aspect of complacency only hurts a QB in the long run. There will be a time when he’s asked to do more with less, and it will be hard on him.

Anyone think we can trade Down with Atlanta or someone ... still get Jedrick Wills or another solid OT prospect (assuming we get a 2nd out of it) ... draft Jefferson (Florida) and Pittman (USC) in the 2nd ... basically double dip for WR .. and sure up O line ... would still mean we havent sorted out our edge issue which I wish we would go get Clowney for but doubt it

4 hours ago, SDotNova said:

OL is a big need for sure. But we’re debating two different things. Your debate is we should go OT because it’s a need position and OT is a more valuable position (correct me if I’m wrong). I won’t argue against that. That’s a fair argument to me.

The comment being debated was that 4 OT are heads and shoulders above the WR. That’s bold. I honestly can’t find anyone who gets paid for this stuff who believes that. Brandt was the one guy and even he had Lamb and Jeudy right behind. So it’s not even clear to him.  Nobody will call reach if a team picks one of those guys in top 10.

OL is an issue for sure. I only have full confidence in McGovern. The others I’m hopeful about. At WR, I only trust Crowder. The others, I’m hopeful about.

Na I think you misunderstood.  Never said the OTs were head and shoulders better.  I specifically mentioned NFL GMs know the depth of the class and the value of the OL.  You are in the minority if you think the better prospects at WR are going to be drafted over the top 4 OTs.  Most likely 3 or even 4 are off the board before 1 WR is taken.  That has everything to with OT value being more important and WR class being so deep.  GMs know positional value.

2 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Anyone think we can trade Down with Atlanta or someone ... still get Jedrick Wills or another solid OT prospect (assuming we get a 2nd out of it) ... draft Jefferson (Florida) and Pittman (USC) in the 2nd ... basically double dip for WR .. and sure up O line ... would still mean we havent sorted out our edge issue which I wish we would go get Clowney for but doubt it

ATL seems most likely for a trade back from the rumor mill.  

8 minutes ago, mek5295 said:

It would be so outrageous. I feel like overcompensating for a QB/scheme right now does nothing for the player in the long run. In today’s game you expect the QB to rise to his athletic peak at around his 8th year, whereas most other players are already in their decline. What happens when Murray’s the highest paid player in the league and doesn’t have the weapons he had early on? What happens when you don’t have enough reps to go around for your younger guys? This isn’t fact, but I think that aspect of complacency only hurts a QB in the long run. There will be a time when he’s asked to do more with less, and it will be hard on him.

Oh it would be a bit nutty after trading for D hop..... but.... this is also the team that drafted Rosen then Murray in back to back years.  Also imagine being a D having to line up agains tthat WR corps.. They would go 4 wide every play and they would be impossible to deal with.  

19 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

So that’s; Wills, Wirfs, Becton, Thomas, Jones, Jackson. 
Then maybe Cleveland, Niang, Wilson, Wonogho? 

Doesn’t make me feel as comfortable waiting until the 2nd round for an OT now. Could we maybe go edge in the 2nd and sign Jason Peters for a year before hitting OT next year? 

12 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

As of now we have 8 picks. What’s the over/under for defensive players selected. 2? 3?  

I know it all depends on how the board falls and a million factors but I’ll say 2. 

I really want this to be an offense heavy draft. For Sam’s sake. 

I really hope we take an edge within our first four/five picks. Just a sack guy. Could give a **** if he can play the run or not. 
Ideally one edge and one cb. The rest on offense. In no way possible should a DE, NT, ILB or Safety be drafted 

1 hour ago, mek5295 said:

I’m releasing a 3 round mock today with this exact scenario playing out. Joe Thomas believes he’s the best fit for Cleveland and they’ve been letting out a lot of breadcrumbs indicating they’ll be on the move 

This actually gives us insight into what the Jets might be thinking. Ezra Cleveland could be a target for us as well. Cleveland is running an outside zone as well. There’s rumblings that we could trade back with Atlanta.