Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

33 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

My 4 year old has had a cough for a few days and a low grade fever (99.6 the last 2 days). This morning I got Up and on her pillow there was a good 3-4 half dollar size spots of blood. But she’s acting perfectly fine and when we called the doctor they said it could of been from cracked lips or if she bit her tongue and that we should just watch her throughout the day and give her plenty of fluids. 

Not sure I’m satisfied with that answer. 

I wouldn’t freak out but I wouldn’t take any chances either. If it was that simple I feel like waking up with blood on your pillow would be a much more common thing. 

29 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Just reading about wildlife returning in Italy and the waters being clear in the short time people have been isolated is another reminder of how badly humans wreck the planet.  Makes you wish it was a Plastic Virus.  And that's not a climate change post, it's just a pollution/waste post.  E'rbody can agree humans pollute and waste too much. 

Yet people are hoarding bottled water

11 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I wouldn’t freak out but I wouldn’t take any chances either. If it was that simple I feel like waking up with blood on your pillow would be a much more common thing. 

On the other hand it seems like she'd be feeling a lot worse if it was from her lungs or something

Okay, I'm really not making it up.  It has gotten to the point where the MAJORITY of occupants in my hotel are in the risk zone.  60-80 years old.  I'm really having a hard time with this.  They come in and ask for the cheapest rate and start haggling on the price of a hotel room.  They complain about no breakfast and ask for more off due to no breakfast, more off due to no pool, more off due to no fitness center.  These are closures for their ****ing safety when they shouldn't be ****ing safety and they shouldn't even be ****ing traveling. 

*I literally had to tell one jackass that if he didn't like our rates or our closed breakfast he's free to shop around for a different hotel room.
*People are calling a ****ing hotel to ask about infections in the area.  If you're ****ing worried about it, stay TF home.
*People are calling about discounted rates because of the Coronavirus asking about renting the pool.
*People are using the Coronavirus trying to get out of cancellation charges from January.
*I had one fat *** mother****er literally sneeze on me without even trying to cover his Goddamn mouth.
*People are asking for extra toilet paper.  I had one ballsy MF ask for a couple spare toilet paper rolls and I flat out told him no.  Almost added, "**** you." 
*Had one person joke about taking the hand sanitizer we had at the desk and selling it for a profit.

This is NOT what I was expecting when all of this happened.  The people most at risk are the most out.  And they're ****ing traveling AWAY from home, not returning home.  To anybody blaming our government or any government, I don't think there's a single government in the world that I can blame right now. 

"A person is smart.  People are dumb..."

Thousands of people are going to die by no fault but their own.  Certain people I've experienced I would have a hard time feeling bad about. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

This is NOT what I was expecting when all of this happened.  The people most at risk are the most out.  And they're ****ing traveling AWAY from home, not returning home.  To anybody blaming our government or any government, I don't think there's a single government in the world that I can blame right now. 

It’s not too surprising when you look at the sources that people get their information from. Those below the at risk generations are very *online* and are getting their news from retweets of doctors and articles written by virologists. We might end up a little more paranoid because we’re just inundated with information, but we’re taking it seriously because we’re seeing so much bad news.

The at risk generation is getting their information from certain cable news channels, and maybe from their Minions meme pages they follow on Facebook. The former very much was telling their viewers up until a few days ago that it was all a hoax and there was nothing to worry about, while the meme pages are spreading information about how gargling salt water will guarantee you don’t get sick.

• Like 2

Just now, pwny said:

The at risk generation is getting their information from certain cable news channels, and maybe from their Minions meme pages they follow on Facebook. The former very much was telling their viewers up until a few days ago that it was all a hoax and there was nothing to worry about, while the meme pages are spreading information about how gargling salt water will guarantee you don’t get sick.

That's an excuse that I cannot excuse them from. 

1. They're still being ***holes trying to cash in on a pandemic with cheaper rates.
2. There have been plenty of older people who have cancelled due to the Coronavirus. 

In a world with so many options for getting news, there is no excuse for ignorance.