Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Man.. the first half of my day was filled with optimism.

people in the rural community are taking it seriously finally. People I saw last week who scoffed and rolled their eyes looked SCARED this week. 

the problem? It was a busy tourist weekend. 

People from Vancouver and Portland flooded our small town. People are tired of being cooped up and went hiking... GREAT!

The problem? dont come into a grocery store in a community of 2k people, 12 hikers at a time to use the restroom while their friends just linger in the deli area 

GTFO! Jesus **** 

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Hearing speculation of a national quarantine starting Monday.  If it happens, I'll officially be living at work.  I'm not complaining.  I'm thanking my lucky stars to be in that situation. 

I have a decision to make.

i live in a decently populated city in WA with a good handful of cases and 4 deaths already 

i commute to work as a butcher in a small town of 2-3k

im considering just using all my pto to take the next month off... I don’t want to be the guy that brings the bug from the big city to the small town his parents and grandparents live in

the problem is I’m a butcher and people still need meat

i have no idea what to do 

Edited by Dome

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Damn, sad I missed it. I've met him a couple times and he's a real nice guy.

Went to a boutique pop-up show he did in Hermosa Beach for my birthday year before last.  Less than 50 people got into the whole show.

My boss informed me that I’m going to have to get paperwork done up so I can travel between counties for work... he’s friends with a local sheriff... 

im wondering if this is the time I need to cash in on my PTO... I don’t want to be the guy that brings it from the “big city” to the small town my parents live in

• Like 1

Not sure how true this is, but I read yesterday that China reported that they had no new confirmed virus reports for 24 hours for the very first time in months. 

if this is true, then that's a good sign moving forward.

Still worried that we may have to cancel our vacation entirely (set to start June 15th) and hope that airbnb refunds us. 

50 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Not sure how true this is, but I read yesterday that China reported that they had no new confirmed virus reports for 24 hours for the very first time in months. 

if this is true, then that's a good sign moving forward.

Still worried that we may have to cancel our vacation entirely (set to start June 15th) and hope that airbnb refunds us. 

IHG is refunding every reservation cancelled due to Coronavirus right now.  I would cancel now, replan if things get better.

50 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

IHG is refunding every reservation cancelled due to Coronavirus right now.  I would cancel now, replan if things get better.

Yeah that what's I brought up to my wife too. Hell, I was ready to cancel last week. She wants to wait until the first week of May to see if things get better in hopes that they understand that this is unusual circumstance and refund us (which is possible I guess). But I'm worried that if we wait that long and things do get better that they may just say no refund. 

In my head, this is only 3 months away and things are going to get worse before they get better. So by the time things do get better, it's going to take more than 3 months to get back to normal. (meaning the economy and all that) 

But, at the same time I get it from her POV too because it's a tough spot to be in too. We wouldn't be able to replan things because spots fill up so quickly, which is why we plan this every year in JAN or FEB. And because the kids start school so early and she has to go to work a week early (she's a school secretary ) this doesn't leave much more time to plan for anything. 

Edited by JustAnotherFan

4 hours ago, Dome said:

I have a decision to make.

i live in a decently populated city in WA with a good handful of cases and 4 deaths already 

i commute to work as a butcher in a small town of 2-3k

im considering just using all my pto to take the next month off... I don’t want to be the guy that brings the bug from the big city to the small town his parents and grandparents live in

the problem is I’m a butcher and people still need meat

i have no idea what to do 

If you've got the pto, id take the time off. This is unprecedented. We will likely not see something of this magnitude again and with the overwhelming uncertainty of everything, just be safe, fella.