Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Well that could be a problem. Who's the backup?

There isn't really a back up.

His Party would decide who would become their next leader, and therefore the next PM.

He's by no means the most qualified

State by state MoLs for those who have asked... idk when this data will update, so this may be your update for the day... note there's a slight disconnect to the worldometers.info data

State-mo-L-4620-1553-2.png

Some observations: 

1. Data is noisier at the state level due to smaller sample sizes and differences in how states report data

2. Big improvement in New York is driving big improvement in US number overall 

3. Louisiana had a big bump (maybe due to testing) at the end of March and beginning of April but last few days numbers seem to be turning the corner and same with Michigan 

4. MoLs are not climbing anywhere (only states where MoLs are climbing overall are Delaware and Vermont and both have very small case #s)

5. Unfortunately MoLs aren't dropping in areas like California, Florida either BUT as @vikesfan89 points out this could be driven by increased availability of testing in these states 

6. We don't really see hot spots developing in areas like Denver, Boston that have been mentioned by the task force.. although maybe if we looked at this 3 days ago, could've been a different story... either way, numbers there are very encouraging 

We will continue to update this going forward 

Edited by mission27
  • Like 2

My personal opinion is the reason we don't see areas like Washington in the single digits MoL like Austria or Switerzerland or Italy is that the US has ramped up testing more so than other countries (from a lower base of testing a month ago).  In reality, an MoL of 10 in Washington may be equivalent to a 6 or 7 in Europe.  That will wash out over time... or the MoL will adjust the MoL to account for it, if needed.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

...is...is that a real spreadsheet? With conditional formatting?

Can't say I expected that when the rankings are usually prefaced by a Taylor Swift quote.

MoL are both finance bros what do you expect

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh, your sassy act doesn’t fool me.  

I bet you volunteer at kitten shelters, hit on ugly girls at the bar and all kinds of other acts of charity.

The MoL is all about the charity, no question.  Just look at all the pro bono work we are doing to single-handedly solve the corona crisis.  But deep down, its truly motivated by a desire for personal glory.  

• Like 4