Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

17 minutes ago, pwny said:

Reminder for anyone who didn’t see it before: you don’t have to pay owed taxes when you file. You can hold off cutting that check until the deadline, which got pushed to July 15th this year. As long as the check is postmarked by the deadline, you’re good to go.

Nah I wasn't hurting or anything, was just lazy and didn't finish it earlier lol. I've been fortunate to be both an essential worker and work from home during this quarantine.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, pwny said:

Reminder for anyone who didn’t see it before: you don’t have to pay owed taxes when you file. You can hold off cutting that check until the deadline, which got pushed to July 15th this year. As long as the check is postmarked by the deadline, you’re good to go.

why would you file now if you owe and need time to pay?  the filing deadline is extended too...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Nah I wasn't hurting or anything, was just lazy and didn't finish it earlier lol. I've been fortunate to be both an essential worker and work from home during this quarantine.

same here too

dont feel like doing taxes while i will have to pay in for federal, and slightly return a profit when you factor in state

6 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

why would you file now if you owe and need time to pay?  the filing deadline is extended too...

Did you not read the post I replied to? He’s getting back from the state. That means he can file, get paid by the state in a few weeks, and then wait three months to pay his federal. 

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Did you not read the post I replied to? He’s getting back from the state. That means he can file, get paid by the state in a few weeks, and then wait three months to pay his federal. 

why would you FILE federal now in that scenario?

13 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

why would you FILE federal now in that scenario?

Because

1. You have to fill out your federal taxes to fill out your state taxes in basically every consumer end tax program anyway. And it’s stupid not to do it that way. Plus, you don’t know what you owe until you actually fill out the taxes.

2. Most all consumer end tax programs require that you e-file federal before your e-file state.

2a. E-filing gets your refund quicker, so you want to actually do that. 

3. Any info you need to update with the IRS to facilitate your stimulus check can be done that way and doesn’t need to be done through the system that doesn’t work at the moment.

4. It’s one button click to do it alongside your state taxes, while it will take significantly more steps and at least 10 minutes to do it later. 

5. There’s literally no reason *not* to do it unless it decreases your stimulus check because you make over the threshold. In which case, you’re probably not worried about owing $100 to federal in the first place. 

Edited by pwny
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

Because

1. You have to fill out your federal taxes to fill out your state taxes in basically every consumer end tax program anyway. And it’s stupid not to do it that way. Plus, you don’t know what you owe until you actually fill out the taxes.

2. Most all consumer end tax programs require that you e-file federal before your e-file state.

2a. E-filing gets your refund quicker, so you want to actually do that. 

3. Any info you need to update with the IRS to facilitate your stimulus check can be done that way and doesn’t need to be done through the system that doesn’t work at the moment.

4. It’s one button click to do it alongside your state taxes, while it will take significantly more steps and at least 10 minutes to do it later. 

5. There’s literally no reason *not* to do it. 

he's going to be on hold on the phone for HOURS upon HOURS to pay it in July anyways.  saving 10 minutes now is nothing.

Just now, SlevinKelevra said:

he's going to be on hold on the phone for HOURS upon HOURS to pay it in July anyways.  saving 10 minutes now is nothing.

Uhh... No. You literally just have to put a check in the mail. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I've been in some hairy situations, but I couldn't imagine doing that work right now. Hopefully he remembers why he started doing what he did and can still find peace in that. He's helping a lot of people and the paycheck should be big.

I've had friends recruiting for Denver and NYC for nurses/doctors. The lowest paying that I've seen is $125/hour with guaranteed 40 hours/week and possibility of overtime for a 12 week contract. I don't know exactly what they offer doctors, but I imagine it's a bit higher.

Guess he was on his way to a meeting about which patients were gonna get the remaining Osupply when their resupply finally came in. He's on a week off for now. I also read about some places in NY paying nearly 10k a week. If I was a new nurse with no ties, I'd think long and hard about that offer.