Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

11 minutes ago, pwny said:

It’s not your thinking, but it’s your belief that nothing will change on the matter in two months.

Okay, then.

No, it's not my thinking that letting it close or fail would be good or logical.

It is my belief that those in charge will let it do so. However. Because they are stupid 

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah, and I can definitely tell you my volume is down, as is my grandmothers.  She's gone almost 10 days without getting her mail, and I picked it up today and the box wasn't even full.  Usually she has so much political mail and donation requests they give her a full basket.  

My mail, outside of baseball cards (from Topps and eBay/Twitter buys) is also way done.  I'm the leader of our Knights of Columbus council, and just about every state level event is cancelled until further notice.  Because a lot of members of the Knights are older and not technologically savvy, they send EVERYTHING through mail, and a lot of it is weighted because it's pages of stuff.  Now that has all drawn to a close, and I am sure a lot of other groups, churches, etc are in the same boat.  At work, my location is closed for now and all of the invoicing is stopped, so little mail.    Volumes will pick up once things get rolling again.  

Mail volume has been down for sure, but this is usually the time of the year it cuts down anyway. Packages, however, are way up. Outgoing mail hasn't really slowed down a whole lot when I do collections though. 

• Like 3

Just now, SlevinKelevra said:

I'm glad you speak on behalf of the board of governors and the postmaster general. I'll call them and let them know everything's ok, they can rescind their public statements.

Again, it's posturing to try and get the employees hazard pay. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SlevinKelevra said:

I'm glad you speak on behalf of the board of governors and the postmaster general. I'll call them and let them know everything's ok, they can rescind their public statements.

And... you're speaking on what authority again? Need to document this for the movie rights.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, SlevinKelevra said:

I'm not the one claiming their official public statements are false or posturing.. I reported what the said. 

I work for them. I see the mail volume everyday. I'm part of the union. 

In what capacity are you involved with the USPS? 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

I'm not the one claiming their official public statements are false or posturing.. I reported what the said. 

24 minutes ago, ET80 said:

They've totally done what they've said, too. I mean, remember when everything opened back up on Easter Sunday?

That was awesome.

9 minutes ago, D82 said:

I work for them. I see the mail volume everyday. I'm part of the union. 

In what capacity are you involved with the USPS? 

The guy who makes the windshield for the Toyota Camry is in no position to be trusted to refute the company's public statements that they are bankrupt,  without presenting significant evidence to the contrary.  I get it, you think. Hope, and pray it wint happen. I do too. I love the mail and the USPS. I defended your product way up thread a few days ago when people said your product was worthless. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I'm planning in the event that the statements by the postmaster general are true, because right now there is ZERO evidence to the contrary

Edited by SlevinKelevra

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think you need some reading comprehension.   the postmaster general and Board of governors are not the same as potus and congress. Some people can understand they is a different they in each context. Others.... well they have 33% of sheldon's IQ, at best

Edited by SlevinKelevra

The postal service is responsible for making daily deliveries of prescription drugs, payments, newspapers, census reminders and CDC pamphlets — and will likely soon deliver Treasury stimulus checks.

Yet the same agency that will help deliver those economic relief checks is in need of major financial help itself. Postmaster General Megan Brennan estimated that the Postal Service would run out of cash by the end of September if it doesn't receive government assistance.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/could-coronavirus-deal-fatal-blow-u-s-postal-service-n1183376

Reported seven hours ago by a pretty reputable source.  

• Like 1

Does anyone currently have any speculation (online sources, maybe knowing administrators or people involved in education) about the practicalities of reopening K-12 school at the end of the summer?  

I don't have kids, so this doesn't affect me, but a lot of my family were involved in education before they retired so I always try to keep up on these things.  It's been fascinating how the schools in my area are still providing meals, including breakfast lunch and dinner right now for families in need. 

• Like 2