Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Okay, you caught me before the edit and I’m really trying to cut down on certain talk here, but none of this excuses the fact that you are advocating for life and death based on decisions in a global pandemic and how you can’t see how gross that is is just gross.  Who decides which decisions lead to care and how can you honestly sit there and defend your statement without seeing clearly how that leads to discrimination of all kinds?

It’s also assuming you would be able to tell when and where they got the virus.  It’s all wrong.  All of it.

I'm not advocating for someone to be sentenced to death. This would only apply when the hospital can't treat everyone. When they can both be treated, they each deserve access to the best healthcare around. And I'm not assuming anything about where someone got the virus. This is for when someone has a documented arrest of the stay at home order only. They may or may not have gotten the virus at that point, but they are 100% confirmed to endanger other people. 

It's a special kind of arrogance to think it should be acceptable to wander around in a stay at home order because you think you're special and that laws don't apply to you, then to claim discrimination when there are consequences for those reckless, idiotic, insane actions. And yeah, if you don't get to skip to the front of the emergency room line, then yeah I have no pity for you. Thoughts and prayers, extra prayers on the side.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm not advocating for someone to be sentenced to death. This would only apply when the hospital can't treat everyone. When they can both be treated, they each deserve access to the best healthcare around. And I'm not assuming anything about where someone got the virus. This is for when someone has a documented arrest of the stay at home order only. They may or may not have gotten the virus at that point, but they are 100% confirmed to endanger other people. 

It's a special kind of arrogance to think it should be acceptable to wander around in a stay at home order because you think you're special and that laws don't apply to you, then to claim discrimination when there are consequences for those reckless, idiotic, insane actions. And yeah, if you don't get to skip to the front of the emergency room line, then yeah I have no pity for you. Thoughts and prayers, extra prayers on the side.

I get where you're coming from, but i sincerely doubt that health care providers would sign off on this.  I'm fairly certain this would violate their Hippocratic oath.

• Like 2

Just now, theJ said:

I get where you're coming from, but i sincerely doubt that health care providers would sign off on this.  I'm fairly certain this would violate their Hippocratic oath.

Plus the logistics of having someone convicted (including a trial where they could request a jury) in a pandemic. Or how that would even be shared with a doctor/hospital.

Implementing anything like that would be virtually impossible.

• Like 1

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm not advocating for someone to be sentenced to death. This would only apply when the hospital can't treat everyone. When they can both be treated, they each deserve access to the best healthcare around.

Oh, so only when it's life or death can triage be changed from chances of survival to decisions.  How do you weigh decisions?  Does a lifetime of poor decisions come into the discussion?  A lifetime of bad eating habits, a lifetime of smoking, of heavy drinking, or does one decision trump all of those decisions? 

The bottom line is that you are advocating for something OTHER than best chances of survival.  You are advocating for decisions not on chances of survival, but on their decisions.  You can choose to die on this hill or you can just drop it.  To imagine that the least compassionate person on this site is arguing against this is just strange to me. 

And I'm not assuming anything about where someone got the virus. This is for when someone has a documented arrest of the stay at home order only. They may or may not have gotten the virus at that point, but they are 100% confirmed to endanger other people. 

So someone violated the stay at home order due to extreme and profound personal beliefs.  Someone else went to the grocery store for Twinkies.  Who lives?  Who dies?  Are you the villain in Saw now?

Why stop at COVID-19?  You try jumping a canyon on a bike and you sever an artery, let's make you wait a little bit.  Put you on a Hippocratic timeout.  Chances of survival should not come first. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If someone wants to make it a legal thing and go to church in person, they should amend the stay at home orders so that if you're fined/arrested for being outside, hospitals can take that into account when they determine who gets medical care if they are short on beds or ventilators. 

If you want to be a moron and go outside in the middle of a pandemic, then you deserve to be at the end of the line if the healthcare system is overwhelmed and can't find help for you.

This should also then apply to obese people, people who smoke, etc.  Fully on board, but make it across the board.  If you do something that is proven to be a massive risk to your health, then you are not guaranteed a damn thing. 

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Tune in for an emotional season finale of Greys Anatomy when Ellen and Dr _________ argue about who should get life saving Covid19 treatment.

First off how dare you.

Second off why the hell haven't you tagged me in the superhero ranking thread. We need to discuss Captain America.

Just now, theJ said:

twinkies-zombieland.gif

I knew this was coming and I really thought about going back and changing it to ice cream or donuts so Zombieland wouldn't hijack my point.

Whatever.  I'm done with it.  Just frightening how a virus that's killed 3% of the population seems like enough to violate constitutional rights and send us back 300 years. 

First off how dare you.

Translation:

That SOB is right and I’m jealous I didn’t think of it first.

Second off why the hell haven't you tagged me in the superhero ranking thread. We need to discuss Captain America.

...there’s a super hero ranking thread?

11 minutes ago, theJ said:

I think you'd be surprised...obviously certain things would have to be amended but I know a lot of health care providers that feel not sympathy for people who have created their own health problems.

2 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

This should also then apply to obese people, people who smoke, etc.  Fully on board, but make it across the board.  If you do something that is proven to be a massive risk to your health, then you are not guaranteed a damn thing. 

This already pretty much happens...

• Like 2