Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Tbh your understanding of the seasonality of infectious disease is quite poor, which shouldn't be surprising given your position on this has been contrary to every expert starting with the MoL tbh

Whether the disease can survive high temperatures or not does not say anything about the impact of high temperature and humidity and sunlight on the efficiency of transmission and reproduction, prevalence and virulence of droplets, on people's immune functions, vitamin D levels, and human social behavioral differences all of which are believed to contribute to seasonality of infectious diseases. 

The disease being 'destroyed' at mega high temperatures has zero to do with seasonality.  That question is more relevant for sanitizing.  Influenza isn't "destroyed" at 85 degrees F and humid either or it wouldn't survive in the human body.  But its transmission slows dramatically if its 85 and humid.  

Tbh though I dont really blame you because the headline as usual is wildly misleading and I believe purposefully so

says the guy who posted a news article that directly contradicted him 6 lines into the news article

5 minutes ago, mistakey said:

says the guy who posted a news article that directly contradicted him 6 lines into the news article

Nothing I have said has been contradicted by anything because I have consistently been right about everything as has TLO

3 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Nothing I have said has been contradicted by anything because I have consistently been right about everything as has TLO

from your own article
its literally sentence 2:

A briefing on the preliminary results, marked for official use only and obtained by Yahoo News, offers hope that summertime may offer conditions less hospitable for the virus, though experts caution it will by no means eliminate, or even necessarily decrease, new cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.

4 minutes ago, mistakey said:

from your own article
its literally sentence 2:

A briefing on the preliminary results, marked for official use only and obtained by Yahoo News, offers hope that summertime may offer conditions less hospitable for the virus, though experts caution it will by no means eliminate, or even necessarily decrease, new cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.

How does this contradict anything I’ve said

It’s some bozo at yahoo playing the “we don’t know card”

Whereas the article clearly supports seasonality 

Btw seasonality doesn’t mean cases will go down if other factors (public health, testing) are working in the other direction 

And no the MoL has never suggested “elimination”

Facts not fear buddy 

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

How does this contradict anything I’ve said

It’s some bozo at yahoo playing the “we don’t know card”

Whereas the article clearly supports seasonality 

Btw seasonality doesn’t mean cases will go down if other factors (public health, testing) are working in the other direction 

And no the MoL has never suggested “elimination”

Facts not fear buddy 

"smug af" when no one reads the article
"bozo" when someone does read the article

ok

19 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

South Carolina's governor has opened beaches, docks and boat ramps over the weekend and is expected to announce opening of retail stores next week at a Monday press conference.  

South Carolina has a pretty good case for this IMO between falling case numbers the last 12-16 days and MoL thats hovering around the Tier 1 threshold.  Its also 77 and humid af in Charleston today.

But testing and tracing capacity is another issue.  I'm not sure how they are doing on that front.  I'd imagine not great.

Lets hope for all our sakes they are successful in opening although being one of the first I'm sure there will be some hiccups.  

1 hour ago, mission27 said:

South Carolina has a pretty good case for this IMO between falling case numbers the last 12-16 days and MoL thats hovering around the Tier 1 threshold.  Its also 77 and humid af in Charleston today.

But testing and tracing capacity is another issue.  I'm not sure how they are doing on that front.  I'd imagine not great.

Lets hope for all our sakes they are successful in opening although being one of the first I'm sure there will be some hiccups.  

Allowing boating seems like a good start

Allowing movie theaters and gyms to reopen in phase one seems kinda dumb to me.

Gyms are gross in general and movie theaters stack people on top of each other.  Even if social distancing is practices, I can’t believe all of the hard surfaces will be cleaned well enough, especially in a movie theater.

• Like 1