Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

12 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Why do you even bring genocide up? I’m against the identification or segregation of people for any reason. I simply referenced the signs leading up to a war. 

There are still leper colonies in the world.

Refusing to allow citizens freedom on a potentially permanent basis for fear of infection is simply a non starter regardless of justification. 

I brought genocide up because these were the posts I was quoting:

11 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:
11 hours ago, Malfatron said:
11 hours ago, mission27 said:

Anyway, immunity passports is horrible public policy no matter what

Yeah its very WW2

"Your papers are in order"

I understand why people are sensitive to the issues of needing approval to leave a quarantine, but the comparisons to WW2 are pretty hyperbolic.

As for how everything is going, I’m not very educated on everything, how likely is a second wave if everything starts to open up sooner than later? It’s so tough, on one hand you can’t keep everything closed for months, on the other it isn’t a good idea to have people grouping together anytime soon either. I just would hate to see places open back up and a “bad seeds” that don’t follow protocol lead to more infections and it spreads again.

10 hours ago, Xenos said:

The WHO does have its issues. But I'm more forgiving because they were operating on current data at the time that turned out to be wrong. Though I think the mask issue was misinterpreted. New data showed that the virus could stay in the air longer than expected. And everything they said in the past about mask still hold true ie. creating a false sense of security, protects others and not the user.

I understand. I suggest the WHO needs to remain on the side of safety. If the organization is unsure of how long droplets are airborne then you mitigate the risk until you have proof either way. In other words you recommend facial protection (masks, scarves etc.) until you have proof they’re not required. If the concern is proper use then a media campaign such as what was undertaken with hand washing would be just as effective for masks.

I understand comments made a bit further along in the thread about preserving masks for healthcare workers however by the time it was discussed publicly by the WHO you couldn’t buy masks except in huge volumes. 

Credibility is a necessity during crisis. The WHO have made statements proven to be false because they’re making assumptions. The consequences of their assumptions are negative.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Is there going to be another round of stimulus money? Haven’t heard anything after the proposed 2k a month until unemployment hits. I feel like people are going to need more

Still waiting on the first one