Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Just now, mission27 said:

Probably pretty hard to enforce tbh 

oh for sure.

Imagine the number of drunk *******s playing the free country card as to why they could stand wherever they want to watch the fireworks 

That’s why I think you’d have to have ticket sales for access to the intended viewing area, vendors, etc.

Sure people could line up on the streets, and maybe I’m just looking at this more from a suburban perspective than an inner city one.

But hopefully we get creative and have some fireworks some places, otherwise you're gonna have a lot of bootleg fireworks shows blowing peoples hands off and **** which isn't great either.  Since fireworks are outdoors it makes it a little easier.

Having worked in a burn unit for 5 years, I assure you having fireworks shows available to watch doesn’t stop idiots from lighting their own.

Ive never understood the appeal personally.  “Hey, wanna drop a few hundred (or a couple grand which some folks do) to make a huge mess on your property to see fireworks that you can see elsewhere for free and that are exponentially better??”  Who can say no to that? 🙄 

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:
15 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

maybe. I haven't watched the show tbh

I just started it, it's hilarious to a Texan like me...

most people here love it too. It doesn't interest me enough now, I might watch it once it's done 

40 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Stuff like this is hard, it’s a no win situation.

Allow it to happen and an outbreak happens and you were reckless.  Don’t allow it and “yer tramplin’ muh right tuh farwerks”.

I’d love to see a way for things like this to continue by limiting attendance through ticket sales, requirements for masks, hand sanitizer stations, etc., but perhaps that’s not profitable or too hard to enforce.

what at you implying here 

29 minutes ago, animaltested said:

www.newsweek.com/north-korea-calls-it-irresponsible-countries-that-ignored-coronavirus-warnings-blame-who-1505228%3famp=1

You know it’s a bonkers timeline when North Korea has the rational view and the US is the petulant child throwing a tantrum.

If read solely for entertainment value, which is the only way to read a NK statement, it's kind of a great flex considering Kim Jung-Un died and came back to life. That means statistically NK has had 0 COVID-19 cases and -1 COVID-19 deaths. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, animaltested said:

www.newsweek.com/north-korea-calls-it-irresponsible-countries-that-ignored-coronavirus-warnings-blame-who-1505228%3famp=1

You know it’s a bonkers timeline when North Korea has the rational view and the US is the petulant child throwing a tantrum.

Do you believe that North Korea has zero cases?

Edited by vikesfan89

51 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d imagine for something like this there’s no way to know ahead of time what the crowds will be and the organizers wanted to have a universal policy in place ahead of time.

Waiting until it gets busy to make a change or expecting people to do the right thing are not ideal.

And when you say better off, what do you mean?

I'm no doctor but if the outside air is clean wouldn't it be better to breathe that directly than breathing through a mask that has any pathogens that you've been breathing into it?  Maybe that's not a problem at all, idk

You're right that it's probably not logical to be changing the policy

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'm no doctor but if the outside air is clean wouldn't it be better to breathe that directly than breathing through a mask that has any pathogens that you've been breathing into it?  Maybe that's not a problem at all, idk

If they are pathogens you are breathing into the mask they don't pose a risk to you because they are coming from your body to begin with, i.e. if its COVID then you already have COVID

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No one thinks that, nor does anyone take anything that North Korea says on the international stage seriously. 

Some people haven't been following the thread and may not know that King Jung Un exaggerates sometimes, so its irresponsible to post anything he says

8 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

You're right that it's probably not logical to be changing the policy

Masks aren’t worn so you aren’t breathing in pathogens, unless you’re rocking an N95 or something (at least as far as a high degree of filtration).  You wear face covering so you’re not sneezing, coughing, wheezing, spitting (when you talk), etc and putting those droplets in the air.

Mask-Effectiveness-696x700.jpg 

1*1ENrdC4tV-HrMWdaeSrjyQ.png

If everyone is wearing them, you’re reducing the likelihood on both ends.  

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, mission27 said:

If they are pathogens you are breathing into the mask they don't pose a risk to you because they are coming from your body to begin with, i.e. if its COVID then you already have COVID

Yes but wouldn't a smaller viral load be easier to fight off?

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

Yes but wouldn't a smaller viral load be easier to fight off?

The virus inside your lungs is multiplying exponentially so the addition or subtraction of a few viruses from breathing isn't going to make a meaningful difference in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The virus inside your lungs is multiplying exponentially so the addition or subtraction of a few viruses from breathing isn't going to make a meaningful difference in the grand scheme of things.

Next you'll tell me that fresh air won't help

23 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Do you believe that North Korea has zero cases?

Absolutely not. The point was NK saying “don’t blame the WHO for your incompetence” being the pretty damn smug. I’m always up for a little political shade throwing.