Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

31 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Curse your mom out over this if your brother gets infected.

Being an a-hole is the only way some people learn.

He knows his mom more than us. So if that’s the best route then so be it. But it seems that based on what I’ve read, it is better to go the persuasive and positive route first. People seem to shut down and listen less when shamed.

• Like 2

On 7/5/2020 at 3:38 PM, Daniel said:

We already wiped off all the progress made by the shutdown, now it's just about not screwing the pooch any harder and making it worse.

You sure did. I live in Canada and our current situation is far different than what’s being experienced in the U.S. 

2 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

You sure did. I live in Canada and our current situation is far different than what’s being experienced in the U.S. 

You darn Canadians are like vegan Crossfitters with talking about how much better Canada is. Laughing I say that mostly out of jealousy though.

• Like 2

On 6/30/2020 at 10:11 PM, Xenos said:

What counts as a mask? Something that keeps water droplets from leaving a person’s nose and mouth?

A persons hand, a shirt pulled up over their mouth, an actual mask around the chin...these are things that sure do not count. 

On 6/30/2020 at 10:16 PM, Xenos said:

Not really inevitable if people just wear a mask. Heck look at Japan for instance. They bungled it as badly as we did and never went into lockdown at all. And yet they are doing so much better.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/06/06/world/asia/japan-coronavirus-masks.amp.html

Maybe if the message was "everyone wear a mask and we can reopen" it would be received differently (Obviously some business can't reopen even with masks).  But the message is wear a mask and we are going to stay locked down (at least where I live).  So yea, I get why people push back...I don't agree, but I get it.  

On 7/2/2020 at 10:56 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm sure if we just taught these people how to wear a mask or all dressed up in red and blue shirts and sang Kumbaya our problems would go away though amirite.

Things will never be 100% but Darwinism will hopefully come into play here.

On 7/1/2020 at 2:47 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Toxic tribalism, or more generally, low quality political dialogue and a lack of intra-party accountability is a feature of pretty much every developed country, yet we are the only country unable to adequately contain this pandemic.

There are many, many reasons why the US has failed as a state to respond, but just based on how other countries have operated, the reason is not because both sides don't like each other. What is unique to America is a critical mass of people who refuse to take this seriously and have elected to pretend this pandemic simply doesn't exist. Full stop. If you want to figure out why America has failed in such a unique way, start there.

I can understand people who are not frantic about the pandemic and not panicking, but I will never understand the people who do not believe it exists. Political beliefs aside, wtf do they think is killing people?  Or are they legit crazy enough to believe that the deaths are made up too?

Do you think the majority of the people who are not doing the things they should be doing genuinely believe this thing is a hoax/does not exist or are just sick and tired of the crap they get fed on a daily basis? 

10 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Things will never be 100% but Darwinism will hopefully come into play here.

The entire point of us staying inside is that Darwinism doesn't come into play dude. "Let's just let Darwin take care of it" is the fun, positive spin on American indifference as people needlessly suffer and die.

15 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Maybe if the message was "everyone wear a mask and we can reopen" it would be received differently (Obviously some business can't reopen even with masks).  But the message is wear a mask and we are going to stay locked down (at least where I live).  So yea, I get why people push back...I don't agree, but I get it.  

"Oh but maybe if the scientists asked a little nicer people wouldn't be screaming about the dystopian hellscape that is putting a small piece of cloth over your face". 

Get the hell out of here with this nonsense. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

I can understand people who are not frantic about the pandemic and not panicking, but I will never understand the people who do not believe it exists. Political beliefs aside, wtf do they think is killing people?  Or are they legit crazy enough to believe that the deaths are made up too?

Do you think the majority of the people who are not doing the things they should be doing genuinely believe this thing is a hoax/does not exist or are just sick and tired of the crap they get fed on a daily basis? 

It's a re-election strategy. There's nothing sincere about it, which is why you criticizing the messaging from the scientific community is so absurd.

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The entire point of us staying inside is that Darwinism doesn't come into play dude. "Let's just let Darwin take care of it" is the fun, positive spin on American indifference as people needlessly suffer and die.

I was talking about that article specific, if someone wants to play a let's catch covid game they deserve what they get. 

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

"Oh but maybe if the scientists asked a little nicer people wouldn't be screaming about the dystopian hellscape that is putting a small piece of cloth over your face". 

Get the hell out of here with this nonsense. 

Did I say ask nicer?  You don't think the messages to some people out there can be a little clearer?  You believe a large portion of the population even understands why they are being asked to wear a mask now?  You have a lot more faith in people than I do then.  For Christ sake, this entire pandemic started with "no need to wear a mask", the moment that changed to "wear a mask" there was an uphill battle and a lot of people are not smart enough to see the common sense behind it.  You need to chill the f out man, literally every response to a comment I make is so over dramatic.  

2 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Did I say ask nicer?  You don't think the messages to some people out there can be a little clearer?  You believe a large portion of the population even understands why they are being asked to wear a mask now?  You have a lot more faith in people than I do then.  For Christ sake, this entire pandemic started with "no need to wear a mask", the moment that changed to "wear a mask" there was an uphill battle and a lot of people are not smart enough to see the common sense behind it.  You need to chill the f out man, literally every response to a comment I make is so over dramatic.  

Every other developed country has access to the same information the US did, and had no problem with putting on a mask. So did a majority of US citizems. This is not a problem because of the media or because of messaging.

This is still a problem because we have a segment of the American population that is willfully deluded. Period. End of story.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's a re-election strategy. There's nothing sincere about it, which is why you criticizing the messaging from the scientific community is so absurd.

So it isn't political but it is? Strange strategy to kill off one's own base.  Yes, never dare criticize anything, how dare you question anything!  Don't wear a mask, but wear a mask but we are going to remain in lock down anyways. Also, landscape supplies are essential. I will criticize stupidity every day of the week. 

6 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

So it isn't political but it is? Strange strategy to kill off one's own base.  Yes, never dare criticize anything, how dare you question anything!  Don't wear a mask, but wear a mask but we are going to remain in lock down anyways. Also, landscape supplies are essential. I will criticize stupidity every day of the week. 

No, it's overtly political. People who are vehemently anti-mask are just smart enough to lie about it.

• Like 1