Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yes. There is no political strategy behind "Wear a mask, it helps stop the spread of COVID-19". There IS political strategy in "IT INFRINGES ON OUR BASIC RIGHTS!" because thats a load of BS.

Notice that he has still refused to acknowledge the bulk of the problem. "Well what about the media", "well I know these 2 people who don't fit the trend".

This is standard 21st century deflection, and it doesn't work.

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yes. There is no political strategy behind "Wear a mask, it helps stop the spread of COVID-19". There IS political strategy in "IT INFRINGES ON OUR BASIC RIGHTS!" because thats a load of BS.

The one I love is "I woke up in a free country"

:)

That one touches all the bases for me.

Idiot.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Notice that he has still refused to acknowledge the bulk of the problem. "Well what about the media", "well I know these 2 people who don't fit the trend".

I live in an area with a lot of "No mask" people and it infuriates me daily. I walked into a gas station/diner the other day and out of the 25 people in there, including employees, I was the only one with a mask on. My fiance is a nurse in a nursing home and it makes me so mad. It isn't hard. It isn't infringing on your rights. America is so dense and lost.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Notice that he has still refused to acknowledge the bulk of the problem. "Well what about the media", "well I know these 2 people who don't fit the trend".  This is standard 21st century deflection, and it doesn't work.

“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
George Orwell

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

My Dad had an unexpected trip to the emergency room about.....1.5 months ago? The whole "wear a mask" thing was just getting started (and I didnt have one) - regardless, the last place that I wanted either of us to be was an emergency room. The folks at the front door took care of me and wouldnt allow me access - which made sense and I appreciated that. My Dad wasnt in dire straights and my presence wasnt necessary (or beneficial) in any way.

This is in Florida. I asked one of the admitting folks how there were doing on COVID19 patients and was told too date they'd had one patient. Now, that hospital's ICU beds are all "No room at the Inn" filled up.  

Sorry to hear you had to deal with that, I hope he is doing ok now.  Yea, it was a rough go of it for a while, the hospital, as crazy as it sounds, was the worst place to be.  Many of my wife's patients ultimately got it from the hospital after the rehabs sent them there in a mass panic and ended up making it so much worse. 

11 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Right here:

Did you exactly use the word "nicer"? No. But that's the clear intent of your post.

This is more nonsensical mudflinging. Europe has the same issues with media that we have in the US. It's not different, but they all got on board. Until you decide to admit to yourself why that happened, you'll never make any headway.

That is like 5th time in the thread you have tried to assume what I was saying.  You seem like a relatively smart individual, how can you determine the intent of my post as "nicer" when I clearly state my intent?  There was no hidden intent agenda there.  I think the messages to the people need to be clearer.  I do not think the majority of this country is smart enough to understand simple concepts. Mask = medical not freedom.  

I don't have any kids, but I imagine the theme is similar.  I have trained a lot of dogs.  How do you get a dog to do what you want?  You offer up something.  Treat the people like they are stupid, dangle the proverbial carrot.  I've said enough times in this thread I have limited faith in people, wtf would I care if anyone is nicer to them?  Truth is I think many adults need to be treated like children. 

Yea, I think in the US you get a much more dug in approach to politics, so those on one side don't want their freedoms taken and those on the other side would rather blame and point fingers than attempt to educate and teach...both sides never budge and you end up in this perpetual cycle.  We will have to just leave this point as is because obviously we have already taken it too far as to what we can discuss, I feel one way, you feel another way. 

Please correct me if I am way off base here, but doesn't the US have a significantly lower per capita death rate than any of the hard hit European countries?  

22 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I mean, you want to buy a ticket and come hang out in NJ, see what it is I speak of?  I could flip this on you, trying to shame someone and insinuate they are lying is peak 2020 behavior.  I guess we both fall into the idgaf what you say category, I don't think you and I are ever going to see anything the other posts without some shaded glasses on. 

32 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

I agree it shouldn't be, but I also don't think it is 99.99%...I personally know 2 people who do not fall to that side and are anti mask (one happens to also be anti vax...the worst of the worst).  

this isn't true.  

9 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

That is like 5th time in the thread you have tried to assume what I was saying.  You seem like a relatively smart individual, how can you determine the intent of my post as "nicer" when I clearly state my intent?  There was no hidden intent agenda there.  I think the messages to the people need to be clearer.  I do not think the majority of this country is smart enough to understand simple concepts. Mask = medical not freedom.  

Oh I'm sorry, was "if we don't shut down, millions of people are going to die" not clear enough?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

You darn Canadians are like vegan Crossfitters with talking about how much better Canada is. Laughing I say that mostly out of jealousy though.

Canadians aren’t better. The reasons for the U.S. problems, for the most part can’t be talked about.🤠

Part of the problem was the initial stance of WHO. They used a backwards safety management plan, didn’t adequately identify risks and as such didn’t have a responsible mitigation strategy.

Using masks as an example they said masks aren’t required and reversed course later. They should of said wear masks as mitigation until they knew how the virus spread. We are seeing similar issues with aerosol transmission. They made assumptions that masks weren’t required until they identified transmission methods. They should of said masks required until they proved they weren’t.

Using the excuse it’s a new virus is simply baloney they’re spreading. We always undertake new things. It’s why safety management planning is so vital.

21 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Both-sidesism is, and will continue to be, the death of us. 

Yeah.  People conflate "being entitled to your opinion" with "your opinion is valid."  And those are two very different things.

Plus if your opinion isn't swayed or at least moved slightly by new evidence, then you don't have opinions, you have beliefs.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Using masks as an example they said masks aren’t required and reversed course later. They should of said wear masks as mitigation until they knew how the virus spread. We are seeing similar issues with aerosol transmission. They made assumptions that masks weren’t required until they identified transmission methods. They should of said masks required until they proved they weren’t.

They didn't reverse course, they learned new information on a virus that we knew literally nothing about a year ago. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Oh I'm sorry, was "if we don't shut down, millions of people are going to die" not clear enough?

If you are going to be pompous, at least layout the real timeline. 

"Public transportation is great, enjoy! No need for a mask unless you are a medical professional"

"Millions will die unless we take this serious, wear a face covering, only essential stores are open, need to flatten the curve and save the hospitals from collapse"

"Ok we flattened the curve, hospitals are doing better, keep wearing your mask though and only essential business is allowed to operate" 

"Keep wearing a mask, we will determine when and what you can do and with how many people" 

Yea no **** people snapped eventually. 

6 minutes ago, JonStark said:

They didn't reverse course, they learned new information on a virus that we knew literally nothing about a year ago. 

Anything that is new, we learn as we go along. Prudent safety management would’ve dictated mask usage until they proved they weren’t needed. The lack of hazard identification, risk assessment and mitigation on the part of WHO is a total failure.

If airlines, aircraft manufacturers and other technical industries where mistakes cost lives operated in this fashion the industry would collapse. Ask Boeing about cheating on mitigation strategies.

Edited by diehardlionfan
  • Like 1