Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 minute ago, TVScout said:

Keeping the youngest children out of the classroom is probably doing more harm than good.

You have only provided data on children, and you didn't break it down correctly. You haven't provided any data on how children transmitting COVID to their family may cause harm. You haven't provided any data on how children being hospitalized may damage public health.

This is a woefully incomplete analysis.

• Like 1

Just now, TVScout said:

Keeping the youngest children out of the classroom is probably doing more harm than good.

That's not what those articles are saying by any stretch of the imagination with regard to the current pandemic. The first two don't even mention it.

15 minutes ago, theJ said:

It's going to be a rough 6 months at home, but i'll pay that price.  We can make it.

This is where I'm at. With vaccine data where it is, we should do all we can to eliminate interactions, knowing that it's a short term sacrifice. It sucks that kids should skip school for this semester, but to use a football metaphore we've got 5:00 minutes left in the 4th quarter and need to start milking clock.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What’s hard to understand?  People who refuse to listen to science are being willfully ignorant and it puts other people at risk.  

Rolls have flipped right and it is quite something to watch.  2-3 years ago side a said to hell with science we believe in xyz and side by b said no your crazy it is all about science. Fast forward to current times, side a says believe in science and now side b says no my freedom doesn't care about your science.  People really do have short memories. 

1 minute ago, acowboys62 said:

Rolls have flipped right and it is quite something to watch.  2-3 years ago side a said to hell with science we believe in xyz and side by b said no your crazy it is all about science. Fast forward to current times, side a says believe in science and now side b says no my freedom doesn't care about your science.  People really do have short memories. 

I honestly have no idea what you’re referring to.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can't really elaborate without getting political about it, and not sure you even believe this is a politically driven thing or not, I know most others do, so I will just leave it at that and note I agreed with the commentary you made early. 

20 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Decent articles.  But, early childhood education is a subject written about generally, so as to permit consideration of extenuating circumstances, such as a pandemic.

I would be curious for the author opinions on which is more traumatic: a less than ideal early education, or exposing a child to a non-insignificant chance that they are the reason they are burying their parents or grandparents before they reach their pre-teens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwAg said:

Under the law, you have intent if you have knowledge, or know or should know that your actions are substantially likely to cause harm.  There is a mass body of evidence that documents the spread of a deadly virus, and they reject it based on, at best, their insanity.

From a legal standpoint would a COVID situation differ from a Flu season situation? Would the difference be pandemic vs just standard seasonal illness? 

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It doesn't matter, because the entire post is irrelevant. "Oh the other side is stupid too". That's not constructive or even related to COVID, it's just politicizing an issue to deflect blame.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

All the data, articles, news stories, etc is free from insults, hostility, etc and those don’t get though either.

The explanations have been given and ignored.

Hard to undo that given those same people won't trust the source of the info, now, tomorrow, ever. 

kids are a great comparison, but youre missing parts of the scenario.

as a parent you start by asking.  Then asking again with an explanation so you know they understand it.  After that I’m not asking any more, I’m simply telling you.

There’s a reason kids sit in the back and adults do the driving.  This scenario is no different. If they don’t want to listen and can’t be reasoned with, at some point you just shut the damned radio off (mandate masks).

This is why we are where we are now because IMO (and I stated this early) they messed up the initial message and people won't back off now.  Training a dog, raising a kid, you show them right/wrong and the consequences for each.  People were given the option on day 1 and that was the mistake, should have been wear masks from the start until we figure this out and say otherwise.  The moment they didn't do that, they were never getting 100% compliance. 

What works is removal political barriers.  This should be 100% nonpartisan. 

Trying to toe the politics line here, but if we had top down, bipartisan agreement and guidance, we’d be much better off.

Would be nice right?  You'd think the one thing that could have bridged the divide would have been a public health crisis, but nope.  There is too much hate on both sides at the top and it all trickles down.  Politicians of any side don't give a flying F about the common man and their problems, this just highlights it.  Public service my ***. 

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It doesn't matter, because the entire post is irrelevant. "Oh the other side is stupid too". That's not constructive or even related to COVID, it's just politicizing an issue to deflect blame.

Who am I deflecting blame from? If you can't see the absurdity in a situation, I can't help you there. 

Just now, acowboys62 said:

Who am I deflecting blame from? If you can't see the absurdity in a situation, I can't help you there. 

People who aren't wearing masks because they agree with you politically. "Both sides are the same"-ism is a tried and true political deflection strategy. It's old news man. Gonna have to do better.

I hope some of you re-calibrate your expectations in this world.  We have an insane amount of science and data on what being obese does, half the country does not care, they pay the price.  We have an insane amount of science and data on what smoking does, people don't care, they continue on.  We have an insane amount of data on what hard drugs do, guess what...people don't care.  It sucks that this one impacts the people who do care significantly more by putting them at a greater risk, but this world/country is always going to have absolute morons.  Focus that energy on doing good for yourselves instead of worrying about a portion of the population that literally does not understand simple concepts. You know the areas, avoid them, if you can't, protect yourself, shop off hours if you must go out, avoid busy places. I don't know the solution but I sure know it is not going to change with people yelling/shaming/whatever one another. 

19 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You have only provided data on children, and you didn't break it down correctly. You haven't provided any data on how children transmitting COVID to their family may cause harm. You haven't provided any data on how children being hospitalized may damage public health.

This is a woefully incomplete analysis.

You on the other hand have provided nothing but deconstruction of posts made by others. As if the best course of action is to continue with a total  lock down that cannot be sustained and which will ultimately lead to a cataclysmic  collapse of society and perhaps even civilization itself. No population group is more than a few missed meals away from anomie. We will be condemned to future characterized by a permanently stunted generation. It will be almost as if every pregnant woman were forced to take thalidomide.