Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

4 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

Don't underestimate this thing. If you feel some of the worst symptoms early on, don't think you're over it if they fade away a few days in. They can come back much worse, and you need to keep doing the right things all the way through just in case. 

Right now it's just congestion.  No other symptoms really.  I don't think it's COVID, honestly.

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Why'd you send your 3 year old to school?

We didn't really have a choice.  My wife is a teacher.  Our options were: she quits her job, or i quit my job.  Some choice eh?

• Like 2

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Ridiculous. Have you been able to reach out to other children's parents by any chance? How are things today?

We don't know it's COVID right now.  Good thing we have this 2-4 day delay in testing, so we can be expedient about warning people!

Just now, theJ said:

We don't know it's COVID right now.  Good thing we have this 2-4 day delay in testing, so we can be expedient about warning people!

Right. I know you don't know now but I didn't know if you've reached out to other parents to ask if anyone is sharing symptoms like you are. I dunno, I just feel if I were in your shoes, I'd be impatient and trying to grasp at any info I could while waiting for results.

More importantly though, how are you today? Have things gotten worse? Assuming you don't mind talking about it...

7 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Why'd you send your 3 year old to school?

Same reason a lot of people sent their kids back I’d imagine, they need to so they can work.

It’s not a great answer, but there are a lot of problems without great solutions right now.

oops, didn’t see his response right above.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

Right now it's just congestion.  No other symptoms really.  I don't think it's COVID, honestly.

I hope it's not dude. Take care of yourselves.

My wife is also a teacher and I believe she caught it from her pupils. We each had all of the symptoms but out children didn't appear to show any at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Right. I know you don't know now but I didn't know if you've reached out to other parents to ask if anyone is sharing symptoms like you are. I dunno, I just feel if I were in your shoes, I'd be impatient and trying to grasp at any info I could while waiting for results.

More importantly though, how are you today? Have things gotten worse? Assuming you don't mind talking about it...

I'm good.  Feeling a lot better today.  Just a lot of congestion.  Sore throat is gone (because i'm not draining backward anymore).

No other symptoms.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mega Ron said:

I hope it's not dude. Take care of yourselves.

My wife is also a teacher and I believe she caught it from her pupils. We each had all of the symptoms but out children didn't appear to show any at all.

Haha the foreigner said “pupils”.

Dumb Browns fans, ha.

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why do people smoke?  Why are people 350 pounds?  People do dumb stuff. I’ve taken care of someone on an insulin drip in an ICU due to DKA and walked in on them eating a candy bar and drinking a 20oz Coke. On. An. Insulin. Drip.

And let’s be honest, many people don’t even think this is a thing.  If you think it’s a hoax, are you going to then go get tested?

In hindsight, I wish I did get tested but when I had my whatever in late May, I didn't know the symptoms I had (extremely similar to rob_shadows' minus loss of senses) could be covid. I always thought you had to have a fever (I got a little high but nothing above 99.3). I always thought there was coughing involved. I had none. I always thought there was shortness of breath. I only had the shortness of breath but it wasn't anything alarming. I just noticed I would be a little more drained after taking my dog on a walk but I was still able to do it and not be on the struggle bus afterwards or even that wiped. So we have to keep that in mind as well. Knowing what I know now, I would undoubtedly go get tested. You know what Ohio is like in the early spring. One day it's 20° and the next it's 55° then back to 25 the next day. I never get sick but if I do, it's usually around that time. My body doesn't like that **** too much lol. I just chalked it up to a mild flu, was better in a week and went about my usual day.

Excuse my rambling but just providing examples on why some people wouldn't get tested.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

I'm good.  Feeling a lot better today.  Just a lot of congestion.  Sore throat is gone (because i'm not draining backward anymore).

No other symptoms.

Yeah, glad you took the safe route to get tested but I bet you're good to go. Glad to here this, man!

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well, we speak English so we call them students.

Ah, right. Over here you are a pupil until you start university (college to you clunges) whereupon you become a student. Until you graduate, where you live with mum and dad until you are about 40.

• Like 1

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

In hindsight, I wish I did get tested but when I had my whatever in late May, I didn't know the symptoms I had (extremely similar to rob_shadows' minus loss of senses) could be covid. I always thought you had to have a fever (I got a little high but nothing above 99.3). I always thought there was coughing involved. I had none. I always thought there was shortness of breath. I only had the shortness of breath but it wasn't anything alarming. I just noticed I would be a little more drained after taking my dog on a walk but I was still able to do it and not be on the struggle bus afterwards or even that wiped. So we have to keep that in mind as well. Knowing what I know now, I would undoubtedly go get tested. You know what Ohio is like in the early spring. One day it's 20° and the next it's 55° then back to 25 the next day. I never get sick but if I do, it's usually around that time. My body doesn't like that **** too much lol. I just chalked it up to a mild flu, was better in a week and went about my usual day.

Excuse my rambling but just providing examples on why some people wouldn't get tested.

I mean, I’d like to say I’d get tested but I’m prolly not gonna go to an urgent care every time I have some minor cold symptoms if I’m being totally honest.  Should I?  Yeah, probably.  Would I advise others?  Probably.  

But, I do dumb stuff too. 🤷‍♂️ 

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, I’d like to say I’d get tested but I’m prolly not gonna go to an urgent care every time I have some minor cold symptoms if I’m being totally honest.  Should I?  Yeah, probably.  Would I advise others?  Probably.  

But, I do dumb stuff too. 🤷‍♂️ 

Getting tested is super easy, at least now.  I can't speak for May timeframe.  It literally took 4 minutes, plus my drive time.  I didn't have to get out my car.

So are they good on testing capability now? Anyone can get a test that wants one?

Honestly I'd feel dumb getting tested unless I had major symptoms or new that I was exposed to someone who had it.  I don't know if I've gone 2 weeks without some sort of symptom since this all began